OJ Simpson has died

bamachine

2 hours ago, SwanderedTalent said:

Lou Holtz used to tell a story about that touchdown run, probably apocryphal-- he's on the sideline, OJ pulls off that run and scores, Woody Hayes grabs Lou and yells "why did OJ go 80 yards????" and Holtz answered, "Coath, thath all he needed". 

FIFY

• Haha 1

• 4 years later...

Maybe it was just a uniquely 90’s thing that happened in the exact right time and place with all the necessary ingredients for it to happen, but I’ve never understood how he was found not guilty and how so many laypeople were convinced he was not guilty as it became a rally around the race flag more than a legal case with facts, etc. 

I would like to think in 2024 this would have been an open and shut case, but who knows. OJ clearly lucked out in life but his eternal life is probably hell, and that seems like that’s not a great trade.

2 minutes ago, BeardIP said:

Maybe it was just a uniquely 90’s thing that happened in the exact right time and place with all the necessary ingredients for it to happen, but I’ve never understood how he was found not guilty and how so many laypeople were convinced he was not guilty as it became a rally around the race flag more than a legal case with facts, etc. 

I would like to think in 2024 this would have been an open and shut case, but who knows. OJ clearly lucked out in life but his eternal life is probably hell, and that seems like that’s not a great trade.

Well it’s been a minute but didn’t the police make some serious fuck ups and/or tamper/create evidence?  Mark furman?  It was enough to cast some doubt, which is all that is required by law and more than enough for the public to take a position. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3

"I freely admit to feeling cheated that OJ Simpson didn't get life for his crimes. That he probably will never be brought to his arthritic knees. I assuage my anger by reassuring myself that he will never again elicit the respect and admiration of reasonable people. That he'll always be whispered about like some latter-day Hester Prynne wearing an "M" instead of an "A". And that he will always be surrounded by back-slappers, sycophants, ass-kissing golfing buddies, and coke whores who are looking to thrill-fuck a murderer. Hey, you know what folks? I think he DID get life. Yeah he did. You're our "bitch" now OJ."

- Dennis Miller, May 11 1996

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Well it’s been a minute but didn’t the police make some serious fuck ups and/or tamper/create evidence?  Mark furman?  It was enough to cast some doubt, which is all that is required by law and more than enough for the public to take a position. 

Yeah and many recent documentaries and a limited series drama on it explaining all that in context of race riots in LA and massive corruption against black people by LAPD and trolly mctrollface “has no idea” how it could have happened 

• Hook 'Em 2

• blacklab locked and unlocked this topic