Russia

Pancho

The now ubiquitous Gonzalez flag flex is literally a public broadcasting that violence is their preferred means of conflict resolution in a Bizzaro America where they're the oppressed minority driven to drastic measures as opposed to the reality that they've lived their entire adult lives under the conditions they've largely supported with all the sense of someone who sings "Watergate does not bother me" out of one side of their mouths while chanting "Drain that swamp" out of the other. 

50 minutes ago, Mdhorn said:

Real men claim bone-spurs when they're called upon duty.  Don't over complicate it--whenever anybody questions Biden's toughness, the answer is always Commander in Chief Bone-spurs.  

This is accurate, except the lib crowd slinging anything.  The lib crowd has been eating shit steadily through gerrymandering and voting rule changes meant to keep them out of the majority perpetually.  That's more than poo--you're espousing a both sides argument that really doesn't hold water.  The rest is spot on.  

Man, Trump knew he was getting fucked that night.  

I’ll clarify poo flinging by the left. There is zero question whatsoever that the GOP is completely off the rails and far far more responsible for the divisiveness that has now enveloped the nation. They’ve done it purposely for twenty plus years as the only mechanism to keep power. And the Orange cult has sent the party over the cliff. 

But…some of the far left policies and beliefs are also hurting this country, but the party of the left just won’t ever acknowledge it. Instead they just complain about the right. See this thread. Yes the GOP is nuts. But buried in that nuttiness are actually some legitimate concerns about left policies. Those policies give ammunition to the GOP’s craziness.

One example is Portland. This city continues to be an absolute mess due to the poor weak governance by liberal left politicians. There’s a reason so many people are fleeing California and Oregon to Texas despite all of our dumb politicians who are caught up in propaganda wars. 

• Hook 'Em 4

4 hours ago, washparkhorn said:

A lot of innocent people in harm’s way.

War is failure. And brings heavy burden for the vulnerable.

Putin and the CCP have the absurd notion that we - as western democracies - would dissolve in civil wars internally right about now. The CCP and Russia believe they can break us internally.

The new Allied Powers are setting up shop. Undefeated. 

What is happening to the people in harm’s way is grotesque.  The world is watching. 

God, please bless and protect everyone in harm’s way.

If war is the answer to solving a problem then everyone failed. Innocent young men and women fight the wars of the old. We fight each other over every single thing imaginable and for what? You get to say you have control of people and land you covet? 

I am reading a stellar book right now that focuses on how and why we as human beings act the way we do. Sometimes it’s hard to tell the difference between a human or a chimpanzee making a decision. This part, seeing the inevitable loss of life to come, is the worst of all the impulses of human beings that have the ability to do this. 

• Hook 'Em 5

8 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

Of course. You pointing out we’ve been divided for 50+ years?

Seems like the Ds fell in lockstep with W after 9/11, for awhile. And, on this board, Trump not fucking up condensing the timeline for cv-19 vaccines, and cleaning the path for concurrent testing, was recognized, and credit given. Stimulus checks also come to mind. Use your power of “both sides,” please, and reassure me Rs have a semblance of sanity, by citing similar examples.

Damn, using the fifty year benchmark, Al Gore conceding, for the good of the country, is a stand out moment that also draws your two page point into question.

Edited by Willfully Horn
Mas
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, UpperWestside said:

If war is the answer to solving a problem then everyone failed. Innocent young men and women fight the wars of the old. We fight each other over every single thing imaginable and for what? You get to say you have control of people and land you covet? 

I am reading a stellar book right now that focuses on how and why we as human beings act the way we do. Sometimes it’s hard to tell the difference between a human or a chimpanzee making a decision. This part, seeing the inevitable loss of life to come, is the worst of all the impulses of human beings that have the ability to do this. 

What book?

9 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

I’m not even claiming one side is right, and the other is wrong. I’m claiming that each does not like the other, at all, and we are at a very crucial point. Don’t understand how that’s even debatable. But first few posts, nuh uh, it’s your side that’s decisive. Fucking lolol

Do you consider Biden "on the Left"?

10 hours ago, Creasy Bear said:

“We are going to get rid of fossil fuels” Joe Biden, February 2020

Placed a moratorium on new permits & leases on Federal Lands just days on the job. 

Cancelled the Keystone pipeline while giving a thumbs up to the Nord Stream 2 pipeline between Russia and Germany. 

Germany is reliant on Russia for energy and Biden has done nothing to curb that addiction.

Wow, could you have posted something that lets us know you know absolutely jack shit about natural gas markets?  Get your talking points from Fox News, or are you more reliant on Newsmax and OANN?!?  Idiot.

10 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

Yes, only one side hates the other. Fuck outta here with that bullshit. 

Correct.  Folks on the right want to gun down their fellow Americans.  

https://www.azcentral.com/story/opinion/op-ed/laurieroberts/2021/10/27/when-do-we-get-use-guns-tpusa-owns-and-others-too/8570812002/

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

11 hours ago, ONE YARD said:

christ, if you have to post pictures of dead kids can you at least spoiler it??

I apologize to you, for the offense to your sensibilities and will attempt to be more cognizant of those sensibilities. However, my original response to the discussion from that section of this thread still stands. Public perception and war photography have gone hand in hand since the Civil War era and ethics around such publication have also been debated. I agree, it is a touchy subject, but perhaps the debate should be how much of this imagery desensitizes us, and how much of it spurs us to action? Very good *study conducted two decades ago regarding the newspapers during WWII in Germany and how much the population was aware of regarding detention and extermination. The onslaught of propaganda from social media and certain media outlets makes it ever more important to push back against the acceptance of violence (as noted in posts above) as a solution.

I will make an attempt to spoiler in the future on your behalf but I admit I am somewhat reluctant if only that personally I do not ever wish to forget that the business schemes and dreams of the most powerful "leader" in the world were conducted with no thought to sparing those innocent lives lost. Sadly, it was not the first time and likely will not be the last.

It is hard to read tone in text, so to be clear, I am not being snarky but sincere.

*Article about it here: https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2001/feb/17/johnezard

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, UpperWestside said:

I agree with the bolded part.  This chimpanzee reminds me of the current Republican party.

• Haha 1

You see those messages and it really shows you the effectiveness of horrifically negative propaganda. Some people are more predisposed to fall for this stuff and it’s on display right there in those messages. 

I don’t agree with you, have nothing in common with you so that equates to being subhuman? That is an extremely damaged human being to think that, let alone put it out there for consumption. What a social construct and life that person must have.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, UpperWestside said:

You see those messages and it really shows you the effectiveness of horrifically negative propaganda. Some people are more predisposed to fall for this stuff and it’s on display right there in those messages. 

I don’t agree with you, have nothing in common with you so that equates to being subhuman? That is an extremely damaged human being to think that, let alone put it out there for consumption. What a social construct and life that person must have.

That was the crux of the link I placed in the post several above that one. Steady diet of propaganda and gaslighting has an effect.

• Hook 'Em 3

7 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

I’ll clarify poo flinging by the left. There is zero question whatsoever that the GOP is completely off the rails and far far more responsible for the divisiveness that has now enveloped the nation. They’ve done it purposely for twenty plus years as the only mechanism to keep power. And the Orange cult has sent the party over the cliff. 

But…some of the far left policies and beliefs are also hurting this country, but the party of the left just won’t ever acknowledge it. Instead they just complain about the right. See this thread. Yes the GOP is nuts. But buried in that nuttiness are actually some legitimate concerns about left policies. Those policies give ammunition to the GOP’s craziness.

One example is Portland. This city continues to be an absolute mess due to the poor weak governance by liberal left politicians. There’s a reason so many people are fleeing California and Oregon to Texas despite all of our dumb politicians who are caught up in propaganda wars. 

I've got better arguments against the left than you provided, including one major one that I'll end this paragraph on.  But it's never going to be 100% on everything.  In fact I still can't disagree with some of the messaging of the Republicans of my youth.  What I disagree with is the action actions part which had nothing to do with the message.  Small government isn't legislating morality, or religion.  And there's graft on the left--can't deny it but they get busted and removed, but damn, please acknowledge the graft on the right that is hiding in plain sight.  Dems get removed at times by their own with no investigation which angers me.  I find it irritating that the country is locked in a fight along party lines and the left is talking about reparations--why die on this hill right now?  Legalize cannabis and do what you want with the proceeds--lord knows, proceeds won't go to education and there's no need to spend it to advertise something that everybody wants.   

I thought a lot of the Cali exodus had to do with fires becoming a new norm.  What I hear and read about DC and Baltimore is just wrong, and DC is losing population.  They have policies I disagree with but DC has a budget surplus of over a billion dollars and the Republicans want to seize control of their budget by dissolving home rule on grounds that DC mismanages said budget.  How do they mismanage a budget with that kind of surplus?  Again, there's that Republican small government notion in action and with no state rights, it allows for outside interference. https://dcist.com/story/22/02/16/republicans-threaten-home-rule-repeal/    

Edited by Mdhorn

4 minutes ago, Mdhorn said:

I thought a lot of the Cali exodus had to do with fires becoming a new norm. 

I can speak to this only anecdotally, but our oldest is going to stay out there after grad school most likely because that is where the high tech jobs are. The problem for her and her beau is that the real estate market is pretty whack. Lots of places being held as investment income which makes the market even worse. That would be what would tempt them to leave. They love the weather, the accessibility to parks, the museums, everything that young people enjoy is available to them.

I don't recall the source but it does jibe a little with what some of the inflow to Cali was showing that I read about--that those going there have more education and opportunities than many that are leaving. I'm sure there are various reasons either way, but people are complicated and then again sometimes it comes down to money.

6 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

This has gotta be good news right? Nord Stream 2 suspension takes away a key leverage point for Russia

https://apnews.com/article/russia-ukraine-business-germany-europe-berlin-79e3dafb0d231f6a033613b7dab78cdf

It can’t be bad. I’ve heard that Putin was prepared for that. Maybe it won’t hurt him as much as we’d like, but it shows solidarity within NATO and that’s a good thing. Germany not suspending it would’ve definitely been a bad sign.

• Hook 'Em 2

8 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

A-Fucking-Men

2 hours ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Wow, could you have posted something that lets us know you know absolutely jack shit about natural gas markets?  Get your talking points from Fox News, or are you more reliant on Newsmax and OANN?!?  Idiot.

You can't deny that Biden is trying to kill the industry here at home (lol not working $92/BBL & $4+/MCF!!!) while trying to bolster oil & gas production overseas.

Honest question, how do you explain Biden killing the Keystone Pipeline but giving the go ahead on Nord Stream 2?

• Fuck You 3

8 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

Couldn't agree more.

This fucker needs to die already, but I truly fear who this state would pick to replace him.

https://tulsaworld.com/news/national/govt-and-politics/russia-100-certain-to-invade-ukraine-inhofe-says-hes-been-told/article_f9650240-90e9-11ec-8236-4f68f3f79415.html

The leader from Russia lies,” Inhofe said bluntly. “He says things that aren’t true. Only a (few) days ago, he said, ‘We are pulling out of the area,’ implying that they were not going to attack Ukraine. Then we found out yesterday, (Putin) said, ‘No, you misunderstood us.’

“He lies,” said Inhofe. “He lies willfully, and more than he tells the truth.”

Sounds familiar, wonder why you didn't care about your own guy doing the same shit.

Formerly the chairman of the Senate Armed Services Committee and currently its top-ranking Republican, Inhofe has long fretted about Ukraine’s fate and was harshly critical of the Obama administration’s refusal to supply large-scale weapons systems to the country. He poked at Biden’s handling of the situation, saying the president waited too long to take action against Russia.

“He should have done this a long time ago,” said Inhofe. “We said that. … We told the president what to do, and they didn’t do it. They didn’t think this would be a serious problem.”

Inhofe did not mention Biden’s predecessor, Donald Trump, but according to Trump’s one-time National Security Advisor John Bolton, Trump was hostile to the Ukrainian government and favored a regime friendlier to Putin and Russia.

Obama left office 5 years ago, Biden has been in office a year, geez I wonder if anyone else in between could have done these things you insist needed to be done? 

I just cannot comprehend how and why people keep falling for this bullshit.

Edited by 'stache
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Creasy Bear said:

You can't deny that Biden is trying to kill the industry here at home (lol not working $92/BBL & $4+/MCF!!!) while trying to bolster oil & gas production overseas.

Honest question, how do you explain Biden killing the Keystone Pipeline but giving the go ahead on Nord Stream 2?

U.S. and German sovereignty.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Not even close to answering my question. What has the Biden admin actually DONE to prevent the production and export of LNG to Germany?

You might want to check things like….actual production of natural gas. Note that Biden took office in January of 2021….and natural gas production has gone………..up, and is projected to continue to do so: https://www.eia.gov/todayinenergy/detail.php?id=51319

So, again, point to specific things the admin has actually done to prevent the production and export of LNG to Germany.

I mean, you already refuted any point about Germany WANTING American LNG. They don’t. They wanted NS2. They wanted it very much. That’s kind of the point.

still waiting @Creasy Bear. My guess is that Foxnews.com is light on substance, so he's now hitting up newsmax and OAN. Should be just a few more minutes. After he breaks down all the LNG Hurdles on the supply side enacted by Biden, perhaps he can also address the demand side.

Robert Habeck, the German Vice-Chancellor and minister for the economy and climate protection, made it explicit during a session of the German parliament on 26 January.

If gas cannot be imported via pipelines, Germany “would have to purchase LNG,” he said.

However, importing “LNG would require the necessary infrastructure,” he added, and there are currently no import terminals in Germany.

Importing LNG has until now been considered economically unviable in Germany, and most projects were shuttered as a consequence. The country once sought to build LNG terminals in the harbours of Brunsbüttel and Stade, but these projects “thus far could not be financed privately,” Habeck explained.

“We will now address this question vigorously,” he promised, saying US supplies of fracked gas would not be given preference. “Where the LNG comes from will also be market-driven. We should buy where the LNG is cheapest.”

The Germans made choices on their energy future and it looks they may have chosen poorly. But what exactly was Biden (or anyone President) supposed to do to force Germany to choose an energy source they viewed as economically unviable? 

• Hook 'Em 2

58 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Obama left office 5 years ago, Biden has been in office a year, geez I wonder if anyone else in between could have done these things you insist needed to be done? 

I just cannot comprehend how and why people keep falling for this bullshit.

Easy.  They're gullible, stupid, evil, or some combination of the three.

And that goes for absolutely everyone still in the GOP at this point.

They're all completely full of shit.  The only question is whether or not they have the brain power to know it.

Edited by TexArcher
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, gmr548 said:

doing a bang up job of shitting their pants and rubbing it all over themselves in this thread. That’s all I’ve got.

Shit my pants hell. I can point to literally any thread in the CR and show extreme divisiveness from the left.  The fact y’all don’t want to admit to it or run a bit you started it campaign is such a weird flex.  Also, I know how markets work (and O&G specifically) so don’t know why you are lumping me in with that guy. 

4 hours ago, Caponata said:

Do you consider Biden "on the Left"?

I think he is a “center” guy. I think he is a puppet for his party, and the people pulling the stings are pretty far left. 

4 hours ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Cool. Now do congressional softball games. 

• Fuck You 1

2 hours ago, 6th Street said:

This has gotta be good news right? Nord Stream 2 suspension takes away a key leverage point for Russia

https://apnews.com/article/russia-ukraine-business-germany-europe-berlin-79e3dafb0d231f6a033613b7dab78cdf

That article says Germany gets half of its NG from Russia, and that NG accounts for 1/4 of Germanys energy.  So we’re talking about needing to replace 12% of their energy?  That sounds doable on the surface.

4 minutes ago, Snake Diggity said:

That article says Germany gets half of its NG from Russia, and that NG accounts for 1/4 of Germanys energy.  So we’re talking about needing to replace 12% of their energy?  That sounds doable on the surface.

You should read up on some of shady ray and 956's posts in the DT thread on the pipeline and energy in germany. It's their soft underbelly, and russia is grabbing their short and curlies. Any increase in price or interruption in utilities is absolutely unacceptable by the German people

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

I think most people you call “left” on this board would agree with you. In fact, I would say the majority of the “liberals” on this board gripe often about Democrats being pussies that never get shit accomplished. 

Here is the cognitive dissonance. The issues of cities like Portland, or San Francisco, and now Austin are fuckall when compared to attempts to overthrow democracy, restricting voting rights, banning books, outlawing education about slavery, controlling transmissible diseases, etc. 

There’s a reason this country has shit education, healthcare, and income equality. It’s not because Republicans tried fixing it over and over again. 

But yes, in some cities, homeless people and drug addicts are too coddled, same with some protestors, and some taxes are too damn high. 

This.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Captainant said:

You should read up on some of shady ray and 956's posts in the DT thread on the pipeline and energy in germany. It's their soft underbelly, and russia is grabbing their short and curlies. Any increase in price or interruption in utilities is absolutely unacceptable by the German people

Between the North Sea and Middle East, it should be more than enough to make up for Germany's supply shortfall albeit with higher transport costs. They could also keep their nuclear plants operational for a little longer to ease the NG burden.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

I think most people you call “left” on this board would agree with you. In fact, I would say the majority of the “liberals” on this board gripe often about Democrats being pussies that never get shit accomplished. 

Here is the cognitive dissonance. The issues of cities like Portland, or San Francisco, and now Austin are fuckall when compared to attempts to overthrow democracy, restricting voting rights, banning books, outlawing education about slavery, controlling transmissible diseases, etc. 

There’s a reason this country has shit education, healthcare, and income equality. It’s not because Republicans tried fixing it over and over again. 

But yes, in some cities, homeless people and drug addicts are too coddled, same with some protestors, and some taxes are too damn high. 

I can't disagree with any of this.  Bookmark it, so the "conservatives" around here actually understand the strong majority "Surly lib cabal" position.

3 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

Between the North Sea and Middle East, it should be more than enough to make up for Germany's supply shortfall albeit with higher transport costs. They could also keep their nuclear plants operational for a little longer to ease the NG burden.

Cool.  Go ahead and get that compressed LNG ready.   Put it on tankers.  Send it to Germany.  And then wait several years while they build the LNG infrastructure necessary to offload and use that LNG.  That's, umm, kind of a big logistical problem here.

• Hook 'Em 3

17 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

This.  I find it funny that we are all called leftists, yet most of us used to consider ourselves Republicans.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 4

here is an overview of LNG regasification plants in "europe" for everyone to keep in mind as they discuss the topic of russian energy infrastructure holdup leverage over europe.

• 1 in belgium (zeebrugge which has lots of additional transportation services);
  • 4 in france (montoir, fos tonkin, fos cavaou, and dunkirk all with lots of transportation services);
  • 1 in greece (revithoussa);
  • 3 in italy (with limited transport);
  • 1 in lithuania (klaipeda with limited transport);
  • 1 in malta;
  • 1 in the netherlands (gate with lots of transportation services);
  • 1 in poland (swinoujscie with limited transport);
  • 1 in portugal (sines with limited transport);
  • 7 in spain with varying transport capabilities; and
  • 4 in turkey;
  • 3 in the uk.
Edited by sidis
  • Hook 'Em 4

4 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

This.  I find it funny that we are all called leftists, yet most of us used to consider ourselves Republicans.

No matter how many times you former GOPs point this out to GQPs, they just assume you were always ebil libs with agendas* whom they are well rid of. George Soros and the CR cabal got to you. You're the pod people not them.

* Agendas?

*spacer.png

skeery

• Hook 'Em 1