The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult

Hugo Stiglitz

4 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Trump was really pissed that he didn't get credit for it, no matter how hard he tried to take credit for it.  

Well, Trump also wants credit for the ones developed that had nothing to do with warp speed.  And he also wants credit for fighting any government entity mandating vaccination.   Stupidest. Supporters. On. The. Planet. 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Never seen anything like it, but also not the first time it’s happened. 

I’ve seen something exactly like it. Dallas Stars forward Rich Peverly went down the same way just after skating off the ice.  Fortunately, he survived.

• Hook 'Em 2

Yeah, as much as I hate voter suppression as much as y'all...I've never gotten behind the whatever your statewide percentages were last time...the new map has to mirror and match that in terms of percentage of state house delegation.  What do you use to gauge that, Governor's race?  Senator?  That could be six year old data in a 2032 election cycle.  do you take the mean or medium of all statewide races to be even more accurate?  You can't just say Texas GOP wins 54% so they only deserve 21 seats instead of 25.  Because it's not that different from manipulating the map as we see under current gerrymandering to ensure certain parties get certain districts.  

I don't know what solution is otherwise fair, as all every other alternative is still based on precise drawing of the map to all but guarantee certain partisan outcomes.  Good news is we have very precise census data down to the tract/local precinct.  But you then invite overcounting/undercounting depends on who is in office that decade.  You can't have some requirement of minimum numbers of adjacency mileage given the wildly different sizes of districts.  You can't have adjacency of people requirements as that violates Voting Rights act.  Adjacency/connection of precincts/census tracts won't work in application since they already technically do that and are why we have this problem. 

And what if you instate the statewide office percentages in the immediately preceeding election (state cycles will vary greatly), and some candidate totally shits the bed and loses even though it was drawn to represent his particular party?  Now the ratio is off again through no fault of the map.  Looking at you Santos.    

That whole set is weird.  Kyle is short-sleeves is sweating and tech guy is in a downhill skiing parka and still looks cold.

And Kyle's face looks like he still doesn't have his driver's license but has the upper body of a grizzled 58 year old alcoholic.   

8 hours ago, TeeDubya said:

This ad destroys Josh Hawley. Let’s hope it works.

Just came across this article today:

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/01/06/lucas-kunce-run-against-josh-hawley-00076723

And if you’re going to share the ad, may as well go straight to the source:

https://twitter.com/LucasKunceMO/status/1611350445028708358

• Hook 'Em 2

Abbott to reporters re: Biden: 'i told him thousands of Texans have lost their lives, tens of thousands have had their lives destroyed by his open border policy.'

breakfastclub.gif.20f3ad238b60d8be017b48c7ca96eca7.gif

what in the everliving fuck is this twat even talking about?? his soul is crippled. gawd i hate him.

Edited by mchookem