2020 Presidential Election -- Biden v Trump: Sleepy Joe vs Dopey Don [Results begin on page 409]

Patrick Bateman

43 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Can’t open carry in DC, and I’m going to go on a limb that they don’t have proper permits for a march. 

Shit, with Trump's people planning it, they'll probably end up in a White Castle parking lot. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

How exactly did this failed businessman get a million dollars much less a spare million to pay for this shit? Unless it's coming out of state funds.

Oh wait, either way he's a corrupt POS. 

It is so transparent, rampant fraud has never existed. This is a safe bet that he will never have to pay on but he gets the press for free.

1 hour ago, Bateshorn said:

This.  Read the Twitter thread referenced above.  Trump is throwing everything at the wall, hoping something get's him sworn in for a second term.  The GOP is fine with either result:  He loses, but goes down swinging, or autocracy.  It's win-win.   They will of course move the goal posts when the votes get certified, but I'm not sure they can outfox the process here. Despite the media trying to paint this as a close election, it's not. And that may be something Trump and the GOP just can't overcome.

That's how I see it. I think once PA certifies, (or any two of GA, NV and AZ) that will start the clock. 

2 hours ago, LonghornSean said:

What a sad state of affairs Trump has created in this country. I remember after the election in 2016 I naively thought maybe he wouldn't be able to cause that much damage because he's such a moron. I really thought other republicans and people in power would keep his idiotic tendencies in check.  Sadly, the opposite has been true and he's spread his incredibly damaging mindset all over this nation.

We need to move the House to 4 year terms so they aren't constantly campaigning and have some breathing time from a hard decision that will anger voters and their primaries.  Founding Fathers thought asking that many people to represent their district would be best accommodated by only asking 2 years service and now we have Representatives that make a living as such.

Edited by ShaggyBevo RIP
  • Hook 'Em 2

30 minutes ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

If anyone wants to read about the right wing conspiracy theory of the last couple days (math!)

https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/3156245

What I thought was the funniest:

His main findings are that votes were GOP votes were harvested from GOP heavy counties. The greater the GOP turnout the greater the harvesting to Biden only. It is a perfectly linear signature. In other words programed.

I don't know why Dominion couldn't have programed another equation. It did not have to be linear...very uncreative.

And then they show the graph of the data.  It's a huge, fuzzy point cloud.  Sure, you could model it as a line.  Or a polynomial.  Or, maybe as exponential curve.  The only reason it is a line is because someone did a linear regression on the data.  

And, just to be clear, this nutcase did not invent email.  But he did fuck Fran Drescher. 

59 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

You haven't seen the behavior of millions of Americans over the last four years, attempting to run an election bus off a road, showing up in a neighboring state to "protect" a town you dont live in and murdering people, inciting riots in minneapolis, plotting to attempt to kidnap a sitting governor, multiple mass shootings by far right extremists, re-tweeting "White Power" from the Resolute Desk, etc. You're ignoring mountains of individual pieces of evidence and also glossing over what was probably some hyperbole. Well, ok. I'm not sure I even know how to respond to this idiocy. 

Again, Kyle Rittenhouse shouldn't be made an example of?

I assume he'll get pardoned.

How exactly did this failed businessman get a million dollars much less a spare million to pay for this shit? Unless it's coming out of state funds.

Oh wait, either way he's a corrupt POS. 

No, I have not seen millions of people unleashing chaos on the nation. I have seen some pockets of disturbing actions, some of them you have listed. I hate trump, but saying every single person that voted for him (+30 million more) are evil and brainwashed is not something I agree with.

As for Rittenhouse, no I don't think he should be made an example of, but I also do not equate the two. One is a murderer of two people whose life is essentially over. Regardless of future rehabilitation there aren't many prospects for him. The other threatened a person they will never be able to harm, and should not have his entire life ruined over it. I would say the exact same about a kid that threatened trump. Both need removed from society to get professional mental help, and I bet neither really get what they need because most people in this country are only interested in punishments. 

That's all I'll say as it's not really on topic, I am definitely more liberal about this stuff than most people. 

1 minute ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Haspel and Wray were gone regardless of the outcome of the election. Trump was going to do it win or lose. It's only a week out and he's going to wreck shop.

Precisely. I think this may be bad for Trump

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

Lol, we have that now. It's called The Internet.

"Here, what you said was factually inaccurate."
"Is that from the NYT? Fake news, now real."

/head explodes.

That just don't respect any source that contradicts their idiocy. 

What I have in mind is the "Bullshit Asymmetry Principle" -- it takes an order of magnitude more effort to refute bullshit than to spout it. What I had in mind was lowering the cost of refuting bullshit.

4 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

Fucking this. 

There is little to no proof of election fraud so team dotard is filing as many evidence devoid suits as possible so they can point at the huuuggggeee number of suits as THE PROOF. 

Fuck these fucking fucks. 

1 minute ago, NAVY said:

Fucking this. 

There is little to no proof of election fraud so team dotard is filing as many evidence devoid suits as possible so they can point at the huuuggggeee number of suits as THE PROOF. 

Fuck these fucking fucks. 

So the more suits you file the more proof there is? Wonder where the team got that idea?

Just now, triplehorn said:

would love it if what she discusses reveals to Mitch he's about to be caught in a web without her drawing specific attention to it.  

I don't know who called the meeting. Right wing pundits believe that Hunter and Joe are about to be called traitors or foreign agents or some such thing.

2 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

I agree.  I know this post is pages ago, and maybe more horrible things have come to light which I haven’t caught up on yet.  But, honestly, I would bet Clarence Thomas and his crazy ass wife (and more so the wife even in his case) are probably the only SCOTUS people who actually enthusiastically like Trump and would really go to bat for him at that level of fuckery.  

These people don’t have to worry about their donors getting pissed and future lobbying incomes drying up, or about getting primaried by some Q-Anon dipshit because they pissed off the base.  They do have to worry about losing their standing if the system breaks down, people lose faith in the institution, and we have an autocrat who tells the legal system to fuck off.  

I mostly agree, but I'd throw in kav too. After his confirmation hearing outbursts, I don't know that I can ever see him as anything more than a trump stooge. Maybe that's unfair on my part. 

5 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

I agree.  I know this post is pages ago, and maybe more horrible things have come to light which I haven’t caught up on yet.  But, honestly, I would bet Clarence Thomas and his crazy ass wife (and more so the wife even in his case) are probably the only SCOTUS people who actually enthusiastically like Trump and would really go to bat for him at that level of fuckery.  

These people don’t have to worry about their donors getting pissed and future lobbying incomes drying up, or about getting primaried by some Q-Anon dipshit because they pissed off the base.  They do have to worry about losing their standing if the system breaks down, people lose faith in the institution, and we have an autocrat who tells the legal system to fuck off.  

Or you know, maybe ...

gCFg9u.gif

Trump supporters were planning to kidnap/murder the governor of Michigan. Knock off a SCOTUS justice who doesn't vote "properly" to keep Trump in office seems like a bridge too far?

8 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

I generally agree with this.  But besides Clarence Thomas, I can see Brett Kavanaugh still being butthurt over his confirmation process that he wouldn't be above sticking it to the Democrats.  Maturity he does not demonstrate.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, C-Man said:

Or you know, maybe ...

gCFg9u.gif

Trump supporters were planning to kidnap/murder the governor of Michigan. Knock off a SCOTUS justice who doesn't vote "properly" to keep Trump in office seems like a bridge too far?

Yeah, I was about to post the same thing. Being Primaried by a QNut? Nah. Having one pop off at them? Yeah...that seems likely. Especially if Roe v. Wade stands up.