hey, no big deal, fbi busts attempt to kidnap michigan gov and overthrow the government

hayden_horn

3 hours ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

Lmao was gonna make a joke about texaggy rushing to paint these guys as anarchists and NOT conservatives and NOT Republicans, but GRhorn beat me to it, just not joking

He would do well on texags.

5 minutes ago, DigDug said:

What a complete piece of shit.  He never fails to be a complete piece of shit.

He knows he’s behind but he can’t begin to comprehend why so he’s flailing like a toddler. He’s so goddamn stupid that he thinks acting like MORE of an asshat will some how stem the flow of old people, college grads, and suburban white women away from him. We can only hope that on Election Day he’s sitting there with nothing left but his 40% basket of deplorables. 

3 minutes ago, heso said:

He knows he’s behind but he can’t begin to comprehend why so he’s flailing like a toddler. He’s so goddamn stupid that he thinks acting like MORE of an asshat will some how stem the flow of old people, college grads, and suburban white women away from him. We can only hope that on Election Day he’s sitting there with nothing left but his 40% basket of deplorables. 

The Art of the Heel. 

It’s those good genes he keeps bragging about. 

3 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

This would probably be a good opportunity to point out the common law legal definition of a "conspiracy."  Most states' criminal laws have something similar that is statutory.

A conspiracy is:

• an agreement among co-conspirators to commit a criminal offense; and
  • an overt act in furtherance of the conspiracy

The conspiracy does not have to succeed, but when the above two are proven, generally all of the co-conspirators are liable for the offense, somewhat like an "attempted _____________."  Some states have a conspiracy statute that makes a failed conspiracy subject to a lesser penalty than one that accomplishes the offense.

I want you to follow me around, and have you only speak up when a factual question regarding law comes up, and correct people...like Billy Beane in Moneyball treats Peter Brand during that coaches meeting, “when I point at you, you speak”.  

We’d walk through Trump rallies together:

Trumptard: “But they didn’t do anything!  They were just talking”

Me: “What the hell do you think a conspiracy is?”  *snaps and points at Twice*

Twice:  “By law they both entered into an agreement among co-conspirators and committed an overt act in clear furtherance of the stated conspiracy.”

Trumptard: “Who is this guy?”

Me: “He gets on base”

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I want you to follow me around, and have you only speak up when a factual question regarding law comes up, and correct people...like Billy Beane in Moneyball treats Peter Brand during that coaches meeting, “when I point at you, you speak”.  
We’d walk through Trump rallies together:
Trumptard: “But they didn’t do anything!  They were just talking”
Me: “What the hell do you think a conspiracy is?”  *snaps and points at Twice*
Twice:  “By law they both entered into an agreement among co-conspirators and committed an overt act in clear furtherance of the stated conspiracy.”
Trumptard: “Who is this guy?”
Me: “He gets on base”
  • Hook 'Em 2

7 hours ago, ztejas said:

We get it. Terrorism is a partisan issue for you. I'm sure you look into ISIS's political motivations before condemning them when they blow up a school in Afghanistan. 

Thank God the FBI doesn't see it as a political issue like you do.

I wonder if you're even able to respond to this without getting overly political or if that would just blow your mind to comprehend.

You have really weird ideas about what goes in CR. I remember laughing my ass off at you getting pissed in the basketball forum and negging someone for talking about Karl Malone's domestic abuse and statutory rape accusations. Maybe you're just super high and somehow get aggro as a result, but it is not CR to talk about things you don't like or understand.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, Serak The Preparer said:

You have really weird ideas about what goes in CR. I remember laughing my ass off at you getting pissed in the basketball forum and negging someone for talking about Karl Malone's domestic abuse and statutory rape accusations. Maybe you're just super high and somehow get aggro as a result, but it is not CR to talk about things you don't like or understand.

I really don't give a shit. This site is such a trip when it comes to stuff like this. If someone is being a cunt for the sake of being a cunt I might tell them to fuck off. If that's too "aggro" for you I'm sorry that it seems to bother you enough to make a post about it. 

I thought a DT thread on this particular news story could be a nice addition, but I have no burning desire to discuss it here. 

The fallout is entertaining, though.

19 hours ago, Cajun said:

Nutjob on one side of the coin attracts attention from nutjob on other side of the coin.

The rest is just blah blah blah

They got your guns now buddy.

Did you just #bothsides a kidnap/murder/overthrow terror plot? 

This page is turning into Texags West.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Did you just #bothsides a kidnap/murder/overthrow terror plot? 

This page is turning into Texags West.

Little late to the party there Bozo.

You're slipping.

But then so are some people on the other side.

/ducks

• Haha 1

I'll get this political and that's it.
Trump's use of Twitter has irrirated me as long as he's been president. It's so absurd to have a president tweet out the shit that he has, and it helps absolutely no one regardless of political views.
I mean I see the "Liberate Michigan!" Tweet and my first thought isn't "wow that's awful, and aged really poorly" it's "does that even crack the top 20? Top 50?" I'm just numb to it at this point. I could allign with him on every policy issue (and I don't) and the Twitter shit would still be indefensible.
That said, these people (in the article) do not speak for the conservative base (whatever the fuck that is anymore). They are extremist nutjobs, and the fact that they were targeting LEOs only reinforces that and that's where the partisanism ends in my book. 
But, you know, no one in this country seems to have political integrity anymore so it's really not surprising that they would think they are somehow "doing it for the GOP".
Just fucking ridiculous all around. Thank God the FBI is still doing its job. Sometimes.

This is exactly correct. As someone that “leans” conservative, I have nothing but disdain and disgust for these kind of people. I’m extremely thankful that the FBI discovered these idiots and were able to prevent this from becoming a reality. I hope they continue to seek out and prevent any other idiots out there with any kind of delusions of grandeur that think they are acting as patriots. You don’t represent me and you don’t represent my country.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1

30 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

Good thing Whitmer isn't a dictator.

Or are you suggesting they should have went after our current president?

Bless your heart y'all can't help yourselves.

Just ignore him. He isn't speaking for anyone here.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

citizens arrest angle ... had not thought of that.  But, if I were to extrapolate, i bet the sheriff was consulted by his buddies on some of this.  maybe his name comes up in some of the communications.

Edited by gyroprotagonist
  • Hook 'Em 1