A story about a pathetic man's downfall

Francisco 2.0

So, I'm not sure it belongs here, but aggy Judge Andrea Bouressa dismissed the State Bar's complaint/petition against Sidney Powell this week on a no-evidence motion for summary judgment.

It looks like the Bar fucked up its evidence somehow and was given an opportunity to correct it but declined to do so.

Very strange.  https://courtsportal.dallascounty.org/DALLASPROD/DocumentViewer/Embedded/T4HaT-uz7UaQgXOQNeSRFDuZ9fbl7EonroG5EfWWqDlnmSRPbxMEMug2-8o-8z_0Aqbt9yPSyVuP8dIkKKXu5Q2?p=0

I actually have minimal experience with no-evidence summary judgments on appeal, but it seems like a ripe area for reversal.  Maybe some state court practitioner can offer some insight.

So, I'm not sure it belongs here, but aggy Judge Andrea Bouressa dismissed the State Bar's complaint/petition against Sidney Powell this week on a no-evidence motion for summary judgment.
It looks like the Bar fucked up its evidence somehow and was given an opportunity to correct it but declined to do so.
Very strange.  https://courtsportal.dallascounty.org/DALLASPROD/DocumentViewer/Embedded/T4HaT-uz7UaQgXOQNeSRFDuZ9fbl7EonroG5EfWWqDlnmSRPbxMEMug2-8o-8z_0Aqbt9yPSyVuP8dIkKKXu5Q2?p=0
I actually have minimal experience with no-evidence summary judgments on appeal, but it seems like a ripe area for reversal.  Maybe some state court practitioner can offer some insight.

Without knowing more about the response or exhibits, it’s hard to say.
But generally, your response does have to cite to (and actually point to) so civic evidence. For example, you can’t just say “she admitted to all kinds of bad stuff in her deposition,” and then just attach the whole deposition without pointing to specific testimony.
If the Bar’s response didn’t do so, that would be a screwup, and one that would give the judge latitude for her decision that would likely hold up on appeal. But again, impossible to say without seeing the actual response.

Our entire budget will be funded by other countries paying tariffs except for the biggest tariff-payer China whom we will phase out of our economy altogether.

Or we'll be shooting ourselves in the dick and both balls.

His constituency doesn't care as long as they be hatin' on non-whites trying to wipe us out from within and without.

On 2/23/2023 at 2:45 PM, DDD Dad said:

Hint: It's not for titties.  My daughter was a tri-delt at the time I first signed on to shaggy.

I don't know what tri-delts are supposed to look like at other schools, but I know what they were supposed to look like at UT in the early 90's.  Titty Dad works just fine.

On 2/24/2023 at 3:51 PM, yoladu said:

Atlanta one of the most dangerous cities in the world? 1 out of how many? Not 1 out of 54.

https://www.populationu.com/gen/most-dangerous-cities-in-the-world

Good lord, how many deaths could be avoided in Mexico if we legalized drugs?  They have 10 of the top 11 deadliest cities in the world.  That's insane.

5 minutes ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

I don't know what tri-delts are supposed to look like at other schools, but I know what they were supposed to look like at UT in the early 90's.  Titty Dad works just fine.

Good lord, how many deaths could be avoided in Mexico if we legalized drugs?  They have 10 of the top 11 deadliest cities in the world.  That's insane.

I don't think drugs being legal would change this. A big revenue stream is just kidnappings and extortions.

52 minutes ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

30 out of 54 most dangerous cities in the world are in North America.

1 minute ago, High Plains Drifter said:

2 weeks, 4 years, whatever it takes.

I joked once with an in-law, a psychotically devout Trump supporter that Trump's comms people were starting to sound like Goering, everything was part of Hitler's "Four Year Plan."  He knows Nazi history as well as I do, and that's saying something.  I said, "Trump's team is starting to sound like 'The Office of the Two Week Plan'!"  He laughed uncomfortably.  This was years ago, and we're still waiting this garbage out.  I know these dipshits have a short attention span, but at some point...somebody is gonna eventually ask, "Hey, whatever happened with that fornight thing...not the video game...that plan to revamp politics?"  

1 hour ago, tx 3 putt said:

Freedom Cities and flying cars !

Hello 3rd party run !

I think my first grade kid couldn’t come up with a dumber idea. Holy hell. I still can’t believe somebody that fucking dumb was president 

Edited by Pig Bellmont
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

14 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

I think my first grade kid couldn’t come up with a dumber idea. Holy hell. I still can’t believe somebody that fucking dumb was president 

So we're going to start building Potemkin villages? This isn't even a new scheme.  To be fair newer versions have the Saudis doing this with their Noem project and the Chinese have been building ghost cities for the last 20 years, but at least come up with something original Donnie.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Was just thinking, "I know it wasn't a majority, but I'm so embarrassed that so many Americans selected him on a ballot."  

It reminds me so often of the quote that, "you get the government you deserve."

I get depressed a lot

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Born to Run said:
9 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Then she whipped out a dick that was bigger than mine!

Back stage we're having the time
Of our lives until somebody said
"Forgive me if I seem out of line"
Then she whipped out a gun
And tried to blow me away

3 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

I'm no urban anthropologist, but I'm fairly sure cities don't just get stuck in random places by contest or fiat.

1 hour ago, Grade of D as in David said:

So we're going to start building Potemkin villages? This isn't even a new scheme.  To be fair newer versions have the Saudis doing this with their Noem project and the Chinese have been building ghost cities for the last 20 years, but at least come up with something original Donnie.

Yep, modeled on Russia, Chinese, and Saudi make-work projects.  Only with a lot more grift.

• Rage+1 1

9 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

Freedom Cities and flying cars !

Hello 3rd party run !

1.) All named after True Republican presidents:

Reagan Village, Reagonton, Reganville, Reganbury, Reaganborough, Trumpville, Trumpbury, Trumpton, Trump Village, and Mara Lago 2: electric boogaloo.

2.) No one under 50 unless you’re the second, 3rd or 4th wife.

3.) Anglos/ European heritage automatically allowed …. Other have to  be property vetted to ensure ‘alignment’ with traditional values and politics.

4,) Everything runs on diesel and gasoline. Everything.

5,) Government runs nothing. For profit Corporations set up to Do all functions of gov. Towns contract with all of the for services and management of the town.

Edited by Dnaguy
  • Haha 2