A story about a pathetic man's downfall

Francisco 2.0

I can’t fucking wait to hear Bank of America’s response to this.  “Trump Liberty Coins?”  Never heard of ‘em 

Like the movie “Semi-Pro”, it’d be like watching somebody trying to cash in one of those giant-sized checks from a half court shot.  

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Trump has the most beautiful disclaimer ever, buried deep in the paperwork, that refers to the currency he’s talking about being 1919 Deutschmarks. So it’s on the up and up.

IMG_2553.gif.7b16cd9abcd55f8ec7c0dac51e532a60.gif

2 hours ago, Bookman said:

I still can't believe that an entire generation of Americans, who grew up when you could live a great life in America with a shit job and a shit education, overwhelmingly voted for a six-time bankrupt failed businessman to become President. 

The best timeline. 

46 minutes ago, miguelito said:

Then why doesn't he just take them to Bank of America himself? 

ain't nobody got time for that GIF

• Haha 1

Well usually Eric takes them down there to the bank.  Or they’re faxed.  Look he has currency skills.  He is good at dealing with currency.  Why the hell can’t you people realize that?  What the hell is the matter with you people?!?!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

Fucking cracks me up when they wrongly assume someone is with them until they speak out.

Ritchson.  Swift. 

I like that Reacher is who they think of when they imagine Dotard, and themselves trying to save America from equality.   

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mdhorn said:

I like that Reacher is who they think of when they imagine Dotard, and themselves trying to save America from equality.   

Like when they considered Rage Against the Machine to be brothers in arms.

Ultimately, when it comes to MAGA being rejected by their perceived heroes it's this.

mitchell-and-webb-are-we-the-baddies.gif

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Pancho said:

Pop Tv GIF by Schitt's Creek

Black Sirius had a blast with this story today. The bug eyed butter biscuit who interviewed her on Fox is from Garland and worked with James O’Keefe at one point.

• Drool 1

5 hours ago, Bullneck said:

SOME GUYS CAN'T GET A BREAK!   A BEARISH PATTERN HAS BEEN DETECTED! 

Wake me up when this shit is below $30 (which might early afternoon today).

image.thumb.png.10eac89388a02ce066104065ad864d04.png

5 hours ago, Macanudo said:

It might get below $30 before lunch.   Hovering around $30.40 right now 

Seeing that it reached $29.57 a little after 10AM EST today. Currently at $31.09.

I went back to Jan 6, 2021 and read the posts from that morning and found these predictions I thought make for good coffee talk.

On 1/6/2021 at 11:03 AM, BradInATX said:

Attack Iran - 10% chance

Trump runs to foreign country - 10% chance

MAGA riot/terrorism somewhere - 50% chance

Trump doesn’t leave WH - 0% chance

Trump tweets a shitload of conspiracy theories and blames Pence for his loss - 100% chance

Only 50%?

On 1/6/2021 at 11:10 AM, Guest Lobo said:

i'll just run with your scenarios:

-Iran:  50% chance.  The carrier group positioning is curious.  But macro oil trends are stabilizing, no reason to fuck that up right now.  

-Trump to foreign nation:  Much lower, but way higher if it's to one of a handful of countries he has a property in.  He'll couch it to his base as, "I'm a hard worker, you all know that.  I don't skip a day, I'm getting right back to running my empire so I've got to India to check on our new tower there."  

MAGA riot/terrorism:  this is where I'm still very bearish on the movement.  I'd put it at 50% terrorist incident, 80% mass shooting. 

Trump doesn't leave WH:  5%.   He's leaving.  Somebody will make it very clear to him, that he goes quietly without an embarrassing debacle for us overseas, somebody will squeeze the U.S. Attorney's office to lessen some of the things they're going after with regard to his family and inner circle.  

Tweets and Fire Stoking:  101%.  

I know y'all don't like any Republicans.  But there's several dozen, run-of-the-mill Chamber of Commerce GOP Congressmen who weren't going along with Trump.  They aren't the 15-20 really vocal ones who never shut up on FOX or at rallies.  They just followed the orders from McCarthy or McConnell on how to vote.  They didn't use Trump to fundraise, they never really debased themselves to run on pro-MAGA shit, they just tolerated it.  Sure they vote out of self-interest and corruption and a backwards view of social progress, but they at least had some modicum of respect for the Constitution.  And they'll conduct themselves that way today in the Capitol.  They're not joining in this Cruz/Mo Brooks/Jim Jordan co-hort of insane deviants.  They're just gonna do their mandated formality and certify Biden.  And then just get back to their quiet little district that ain't too red, ain't too blue---somewhere in Oregon or Virginia or Michigan or even Texas and get back to fundraising for a third term, and committee work.  And later this month some lunatic MAGA/Proud Boy/Trumper is gonna begin hunting that Congressman and his family.  

Again, only 50%?

These next two really underestimated all those relators and gravy seals:

On 1/6/2021 at 11:48 AM, DigglerontheHoof said:

actually watching this trump fiasco on Fox.  That crowd isn't marching on shit.  Low energy, taking selfies, posting of FB.  

Trump is just rambling from lie to lie and they barely look to be paying attention.  Pathetic, just as you'd expect. 

On 1/6/2021 at 12:01 PM, Pato del Muerto said:

All cowards just like him. Bluster and social media and attempts at bullying. 

• Rage+1 1

3 hours ago, C-Man said:

Seeing that it reached $29.57 a little after 10AM EST today. Currently at $31.09.

Meidas Touch statement says donald JAIL trump is in clear violation of laws regarding his numerous comments today about this item.

21 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

If I'm honest, it looks like he just took a subservient role and let TFG walk by.  I mean, to hell with Trump, but there's so much blatantly stupid behavior out there.  This is not the hill to die on.

/when keeping it real goes wrong

• Hook 'Em 8

https://www.thedailybeast.com/truth-social-investors-try-to-keep-hope-alive-as-stock-tanks?ref=home?ref=home

Donald Trump’s acolytes gathered at Mar-a-Lago on Wednesday evening to celebrate the public listing of his social media firm, even as the company’s stock continued to crater. Under the Palm Beach sky, right-wing radio host Sebastian Gorka sucked on a cigar, actor Jon Voight posed for photos, and country singer turned Bible salesman Lee Greenwood belted his runaway hit “God Bless the USA.” At the end of the song, he and the former president saluted.

In a speech, Trump encouraged investors to keep calm. “We have over $200 million dollars in cash, which is very liquid,” he said, according to a reporter from Right Side Broadcasting Network in attendance.

On Trump’s social media site, Truth Social, the mood is less ebullient. “Man I really thought we were gonna see a jump today. Especially after that party last night. There is always tomorrow,” one user lamented on Thursday morning.

“Doesn’t it seem strange that the price goes down steadily every day? Haven’t seen a green day for a while,” wondered another.

Shares of Truth Social’s parent company, Trump Media and Technology Group, have fallen more than 50 percent since late March, as the company’s dire financial position has become more clear. Last year, it brought in just $4.1 million in revenue and posted a $58.2 million loss.

Even after tanking, however, the business is still worth more than $4 billion on paper—a number that defies normal valuation metrics. Trump loyalists have helped keep the stock afloat as a way to financially support him, though TMTG remains heavily shorted by investors who believe its shares will continue to fall.

On Truth Social, retail investors are encouraging each other to keep the faith. “When the whole world is set on ruining you with everything that they have got, it’s a good sign that you are likely on the right side of things,” one person wrote on Thursday.

Spoiler

Another user sought to liken TMTG to high-growth tech companies: “I don’t understand all the concern about this stock going down. All of the big stocks were very low at the beginning,” the person said. “We are less than a month into this being an actual stock. I am optimistic about [Truth Social] and will continue to hold and keep buying when I can.”

Other users speculated that the Mar-a-Lago event was proof that the company is rounding a corner. Why else would executives and bigwigs gather for a raucous party? “I think there is something coming very soon, and they are all excited about it. Something they worked very hard to make happen. A milestone for the team,” one of the believers wrote. “I hope we find out very soon.”

Trump owns a majority of Truth Social’s shares, though he is suing to amass more control. In a lawsuit filed last month, he argued that his two co-founders—who were previously contestants on his reality show The Apprentice—had underperformed in their duties and didn’t deserve their 8.6 percent stake.

The former associates, Andy Litinsky and Wes Moss, have filed their own lawsuit alleging that the company tried to unfairly dilute their stakes. They are also seeking to challenge a six-month lock-up provision on selling their shares.

Some Truth Social users blame the mainstream press for “spreading lies” about the company, as one person framed it. And despite nerves about the stock’s downward slide, many of them have pledged to keep buying shares.

“Just sat down with my broker yesterday and am having him move $10,000 of my Roth IRA, that we had sitting idle for kind of like an extra ‘emergency fund’, into $DJT stocks!” one user declared excitedly. “This is the only time I would hope for the price to drop so I can get as many shares as possible!”

Another chimed in: “Not going to be able to sleep tonight. If you stick it out I believe you will be rewarded greatly. I believe God directed me here.”

• Haha 6
  • Prepare your anus 1

37 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/truth-social-investors-try-to-keep-hope-alive-as-stock-tanks?ref=home?ref=home

Hide contents

Another user sought to liken TMTG to high-growth tech companies: “I don’t understand all the concern about this stock going down. All of the big stocks were very low at the beginning,” the person said. “We are less than a month into this being an actual stock. I am optimistic about [Truth Social] and will continue to hold and keep buying when I can.”

Other users speculated that the Mar-a-Lago event was proof that the company is rounding a corner. Why else would executives and bigwigs gather for a raucous party? “I think there is something coming very soon, and they are all excited about it. Something they worked very hard to make happen. A milestone for the team,” one of the believers wrote. “I hope we find out very soon.”

Trump owns a majority of Truth Social’s shares, though he is suing to amass more control. In a lawsuit filed last month, he argued that his two co-founders—who were previously contestants on his reality show The Apprentice—had underperformed in their duties and didn’t deserve their 8.6 percent stake.

The former associates, Andy Litinsky and Wes Moss, have filed their own lawsuit alleging that the company tried to unfairly dilute their stakes. They are also seeking to challenge a six-month lock-up provision on selling their shares.

Some Truth Social users blame the mainstream press for “spreading lies” about the company, as one person framed it. And despite nerves about the stock’s downward slide, many of them have pledged to keep buying shares.

“Just sat down with my broker yesterday and am having him move $10,000 of my Roth IRA, that we had sitting idle for kind of like an extra ‘emergency fund’, into $DJT stocks!” one user declared excitedly. “This is the only time I would hope for the price to drop so I can get as many shares as possible!”

Another chimed in: “Not going to be able to sleep tonight. If you stick it out I believe you will be rewarded greatly. I believe God directed me here.”

This is actually insane. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

When the whole world is set on ruining you with everything that they have got, it’s a good sign that you are likely on the right side of things,” one person wrote on Thursday.

Or maybe, just maybe, you are all just a bunch of rubes.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Hide contents

Some of those quotes read like links to aggy recruiting during the Hornfans days. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Man, I have less than zero sympathy for anyone losing their ass on Truth Social.

I have some (exceptionally little) sympathy for people still planning on voting for him because of decades of Fox News and disinformation rotting their ability to find nuance in literally anything. And because a not insignificant percentage of my family and friends fit in this group.

But even they realize by now that money spent on anything Trump related ain't going anywhere useful. Those people are too dumb to function in our society.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

lol that is insane on a couple of different levels

It’s not insane. They know Republican voters these days are too fucking stupid to realize that it’s already illegal for non-citizens to vote in federal elections, and Johnson and Trump are playing them like a fiddle.

• Like 1

Yep, the proposed 'legislation' is redundant and meant to fail on purpose.  That way, they can claim it was because it didn't pass, that's why so many illegals voted and stole the election.  Again.  Or they tweak it, hold it over the House's head as negotiating power for something else like Ukraine or more student loan forgiveness of Refrigerator Freedom Bill, or whatever.  And it does pass, then they can boast about election integrity leading into November instead of being labeled as just constantly whining about 2020 over and over and over again, which may actually win back a couple million of the 25mm "middle" Trump voters who were thinking of sitting this one out.  Johnson is an asshole weirdo, but he's nowhere as stupid as Trump and either way, the play gains some favor with his faltering coalition.  

Cherry on top for Trump, it's just another fundraising grift.  "Help me today by donating $100, $25, or even $5 to help advocate for the passing of this tremendous legislation by traveling and visiting with members of Congress.  This fantastic bill that I helped write will pave the way for a free and fair 2024 Presidential election.  Give today! (even though you're still being billed monthly for the 2020 Stop the Steal election campaign fund)"  And if the effort rails, he simply goes all Scooby-Doo Villain, "And I would have won if weren't for those darn RINOs!"  

2 hours ago, aggie08 said:

Man, I have less than zero sympathy for anyone losing their ass on Truth Social.

I have some (exceptionally little) sympathy for people still planning on voting for him because of decades of Fox News and disinformation rotting their ability to find nuance in literally anything. And because a not insignificant percentage of my family and friends fit in this group.

But even they realize by now that money spent on anything Trump related ain't going anywhere useful. Those people are too dumb to function in our society.

Americans celebrate stupidity. We are finally seeing consequences of that. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, Neonmoon said:

Americans celebrate stupidity. We are finally seeing consequences of that. 

Yep, this is really what it comes down to.  Stupidity, ignorance, and disengagement from facts were always here.  But somebody figured out a way to validate it, to make it a virtue, something not to be ashamed of.  And they made him their king.

You want to vote to protect life, keep guns, keep out immigrants, etc.  Fine.  Been that way for centuries and will always have an audience.  Don't agree with the extreme viewpoints, but they were nothing new.   But it was sudden elevation of stupidity that made this all beyond the pale for me.  People like this used to be cast out of the tribe, or given menial tasks, so as not to put the group as a whole in danger.  And now, they're finally in charge.  Gonna get worse before it gets better.  And we're gonna have a shit-ton of leftover stupids after this who can't kick the high and we gotta figure out what to do with 'em. 

Believe it for Donnie, the Iran-Israel situation does not completely revolve around you.  And spoiler alert—the tension actually predates your rise to gameshow host stardom.  

• Hook 'Em 1