A story about a pathetic man's downfall

Francisco 2.0

30 minutes ago, TXSG8R said:

I’m also wondering if this is the establishment Rs heading off the inevitable Desantis Trump poo flinging in public if they both run.  Charge Trump, settle for no prison time but removing his ability to run for office, all the shitheads win. It gives the orange fuck an off ramp where he doesn’t run because deep state but keeps the base spooled up. 

I keep seeing people say remove his ability to run for office but can that even be done legally? Who would have to do it, congress?

Because even if he's convicted of a felony and in prison he can still legally run for office. And I doubt it's legal for any law enforcement to make removing one's ability to run for office a bargaining chip in a plea agreement. 

At this point it seems America is going to have to pull up her big girl panties and save herself from herself. By just having enough people disgusted with these traitors to not vote for them. 

Edited by Hermanator

7 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

I keep seeing people say remove his ability to run for office but can that even be done legally? Who would have to do it, congress?

Because even if he's convicted of a felony and in prison he can still legally run for office. And I doubt it's legal for any law enforcement to make removing one's ability to run for office a bargaining chip in a plea agreement. 

At this point it seems America is going to have to pull up her big girl panties and save herself from herself. By just having enough people disgusted with these traitors to not vote for them. 

Yes, the 14th amendment provides the mechanism, which would have to run through congress. I was specifically referring to him not running for office as part of a plea deal though. 

5 hours ago, Blotto said:

The part of that article that indicated the FBI hoped this would be a low key event was laughable. Nobody believed that. This was always going to be the reaction to a search warrant executed on Trump. 

Yeah, I don't even know why they wasted time to write that bullshit.  

1 hour ago, The Hot Dog Buffet said:

People keep asking if he can declassify the information without process, but I think it's pretty likely that these documents were only classified to cover his ass in the first place. He probably only took them so Biden wouldn't read them and declassify them.

i repped this before replying because in a "normal" simulation that argument would hold water

but if as woodward said, if he took stuff that's classification is classified, there is no declassification process for that information

1 hour ago, Hermanator said:

I am pretty much convinced this is the play.  Going to be a tense one.  Of course, if the Rs have the House, it don't make a shit.

52 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

*what he knows they have. He’s admitting they recovered evidence of his crimes but his defense is just that they planted it. In front of secret service and one of his attorneys…

with bodycams on every single person and mounted on every dash of every vehicle time-correlated to the obtained cctv security footage, all streamed to doj servers with correlated timestamps

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Who was it here that was downplaying the potential for violence? 

i am assuming we are going to see mcconnell and mccarthy clutching their pearls, providing shaming speeches, and proposing legislation to increase personal security for this judge?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Rage+1 2

The right wing talking points have shifted:

• "Banana Republic" (hoping there was no probable cause)
  • "Okay there was probable cause but this is a process crime" (hoping it's not actually a big deal)
  • Now they know it's probably a big deal because someone in Trump's circle has braced them for that revelation, so they're going with
  • "they planted evidence"
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, chainsaw said:

The right wing talking points have shifted:

• "Banana Republic" (hoping there was no probable cause)
  • "Okay there was probable cause but this is a process crime" (hoping it's not actually a big deal)
  • Now they know it's probably a big deal because someone in Trump's circle has braced them for that revelation, so they're going with
  • "they planted evidence"

There's like 5 more steps and then the last one: 

200.gif

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Rage+1 3

1 hour ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Who was it here that was downplaying the potential for violence? 

100% predictable?  Yep.  Is the judge in actual danger?  Yep, because the MAGA GQP is nothing more than one giant stochastic terrorist organization, attempting to sow as much violence as it can.  Are the US Marshals loaded for bear and on that judge and his family like flies on shit?   You bet your ass.  That conversation was had, and their role was planned, before the warrant was even presented, because the people in charge of that process know about the MAGA GQP what the rest of us know: go after a terrorist, expect the rest of his cell to go after you.

17 minutes ago, sidis said:

i am assuming we are going to see mcconnell and mccarthy clutching their pearls, providing shaming speeches, and proposing legislation to increase personal security for this judge?

200w.gif?cid=82a1493buen8blx0p7semkevlno

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

There’s nothing Putin would like more than to see Trump back in office, cut off aid to Ukraine, recognize occupied territories as part of Russia, and get back to dividing us from our allies. Not to mention continuing the division in our own country. And there would always be new classified secrets to divulge. Putin’s golden goose still has a lot more eggs to lay.

They may have calculated that he can't be re-elected thus my notion. But it's just a guess.

1 hour ago, Beau Vine said:

I don't know, but given how concerned @clapclapclap is by both-sides political violence, that article is sure to cause him to furrow his brow severely.

Unfortunately, clappy explained that for some reason he doesn't get the notifications. He sees people tagging him in threads when he reads them, but he's the only one on the board that doesn't get an actual notification. So he's blissfully unaware. Sad. 

2 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Even if a president can declassify documents, they still have to go through the official process, right?  And if they didn’t, they are still classified. Right?  He can’t just announce a document or box of documents as declassified and have it be so…right?  

Just want to add to the previous answers to your question, that if you're going to go with a very shady and unlikely to work, "I declassified those documents so I have no classified documents-defense," you sure did fuck that up when your initial attempt at a response was to deny that you had any documents.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, royiv said:

@clapclapclap

You've been pretty quiet since your recent crusade for decorum. Thought you might be concerned about what's happening to liberal members of Congress.

You know it’s not just members of Congress. You’ve got people going around talking this way in public. They’ve been brainwashed, a lot of them, to hate people but they truly don’t connect the dots yet between the real life fellow Americans they know and the fantasy enemy they have been trained to hate by the propaganda machine. 
A few months ago I was at a convention and this guy I know a little  (about 55) was talking mad shit, just going on and on about how anybody who voted for Biden is a piece of shit and if there was anybody around right then who voted for Biden he’d whip their ass. Finally I had heard enough and said “I voted for Joe Biden.”

and this guy says: “we’ll I didn’t mean anybody in particular, just generally I don’t understand why they voted for Joe Biden.”

”You mean me.”

”No not you, the radical left.”

I know it sounds funny, but a guy I know from Rwanda had interactions like that before the genocide. Most of the people talking like this don’t connect they dots yet. Whether they do or not is the question in the balance.

Edited by Bozo_Casanova
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

A few months ago I was at a convention and this guy (about 55) was talking mad shit, just going on and on about how anybody who voted for Biden is a piece of shit and if there was anybody around right then who voted for Biden he’d whip their ass. Finally I had heard enough and said “Boy if you're feelin froggy, jump.

We're going to have to reconnect you to your hidden redneck heritage so you can properly enjoy the End Times.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3

My whole family is like that Bozo.  They don't actually dislike the people they know that disagree with them politically, but they talk shit about all the people they don't know that disagree with them politically.  Those people they don't know should all be in jail, but those people they do know, well, maybe they are just misguided.  It's crazy.

But actually that's been true of most racist people I've known as well.  They like and even sometimes respect the black people they know.  It's the ones they don't know that are the problem.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

1 hour ago, Gil Bang said:

So surly lawdogs, would she have laid out here case today during the depo to let dotard know just how fucked he is? 

That's reassuring, because earlier reportage indicated he was only there for an hour.

When someone invokes the 5th in a civil proceeding, as has been alluded to, you want to get the invocation to specific questions so the inference can be drawn that the answer to that question would have put him in the jackpot, i.e. would have been highly unfavorable.

As to your specific question, "laid out," probably not.  But you can usually tell from questioning where they're going or want to go.

12 minutes ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

My whole family is like that Bozo.  They don't actually dislike the people they know that disagree with them politically, but they talk shit about all the people they don't know that disagree with them politically.  Those people they don't know should all be in jail, but those people they do know, well, maybe they are just misguided.  It's crazy.

But actually that's been true of most racist people I've known as well.  They like and even sometimes respect the black people they know.  It's the ones they don't know that are the problem.  

The "good ones."

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

In a serious vein, maybe the most effective down-home remedy is getting folks out of their bubbles.

A thought has occurred to me concerning the search and seizure, and I haven't seen it discussed anywhere. The assumption is that some of the records retained by Trump were classified.   But FBI agents would not have security clearance to see classified documents. But FBI agents would not have security clearance to see classified documents. It would seem that someone with a much higher security clearance, such as an intelligence official, would have to be present for the search. Has there been any reporting of such officials being there?

10 minutes ago, washparkhorn said:

Trumpers are going after the Magistrate who signed the search warrant. An example:

The undoctored photo:

A772F135-CC50-4FCC-87A0-73BF68F184E6.jpeg.9f52ad6436b070b5d208c320397cafc5.jpeg

I was going to say.  Magistrate Judge is not a real prestige position.  There's nothing wrong with it, and it can be a ticket to a district judgeship, but lawyers in private practice who muck around with Epstein and Maxwell don't go on to become magistrate judges, most of the time.

And, apparently, his representation of Epstein related people as a defense attorney was extremely low-level employees who were witnesses at worst.

Edited by TwiceHorn

1 minute ago, Horndog said:

A thought has occurred to me concerning the search and seizure, and I haven't seen it discussed anywhere. The assumption is that some of the records retained by Trump were classified.   But FBI agents would not have security clearance to see classified documents. But FBI agents would not have security clearance to see classified documents. It would seem that someone with a much higher security clearance, such as an intelligence official, would have to be present for the search. Has there been any reporting of such officials being there?

He is....

pimp GIF

the most Intelligent official in the world.

2 minutes ago, Horndog said:

English motherfucker, do you speak it? 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

I was going to say.  Magistrate Judge is not a real prestige position.  There's nothing wrong with it, and it can be a ticket to a district judgeship, but lawyers in private practice who muck around with Epstein and Maxwell don't go on to become magistrate judges, most of the time.

I could envision Dersh getting some kind of political favor, but probably would want SCOTUS not anything lower (he certainly thinks that highly of himself)

7 minutes ago, washparkhorn said:

Trumpers are going after the Magistrate who signed the search warrant. An example:

The undoctored photo:

A772F135-CC50-4FCC-87A0-73BF68F184E6.jpeg.9f52ad6436b070b5d208c320397cafc5.jpeg

Replies are predictably nuts. Plenty of people saying it’s fake, showing both original images, yet many more people commenting about how sick and corrupt the judge is. 

• Bozo_Casanova changed the title to Poll: President Trump's Major Announcement