The US Capitol has been Breached [Action and Developing stories]

immamac

for those who didn't see it, here is my summary of the trump video:

"it's a terrible time, we got completely robbed, we won the election in a landslide but they stole it from us, it's so terrible this could happen, everyone please get home safe."

he may not have said "please".

Just now, henrygandorf said:

for those who didn't see it, here is my summary of the trump video:

"it's a terrible time, we got completely robbed, we won the election in a landslide but they stole it from us, it's so terrible this could happen, everyone please get home safe."

he may not have said "please".

Don't forget "we love you". 

It appears Republicans don't study history because once you take tribal politics to this level what follows is public officials being assassinated. these senators and representatives on both sides are very soon going to require protection and be secluded away from normal life with their families always with a threat of violence towards them and their families looming.

They brought it on themselves for engaging in this level of propaganda and preying on the stupid and ignorant with hatred and lies all for their own profit. 

Edited by Wanker Bob
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

11 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

your complete and total lack of self awareness and hypocrisy are commendable.

If the Trumptards were breaking windows at an Autozone I'd be shrugging my shoulders.  If BLM had tried to breach security at the Capitol building I'd shrug my shoulders if they got shot. 

• Hook 'Em 7

the DC cops had to have been told to let this happen, right?  There is no other explanation for letting that mob in the fucking cap building.  One fucking rubber bullet would have put an end to the cosplay, but we just can't have white on white violence between cops and rioters.

Didn’t want to gas their colleagues on their days off
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

humblelobobrag...About 4-5 years ago, Margaret Atwood was here at our literary event to help us raise money.  She was kind enough to hang out after her speech and eat dinner.  Somebody at the table asked her if she ever plans a sequel/prequel to the seminal work.  She said she had started an outline and it revolved around with how the insurrection began, how they'd remove/kill Congress and President.  We were half-intrigued, half-dismissive, and completely drunk.  

My god...did you ever think we'd see this play out in real life? 

Tell me more about the killing the President part.

1 minute ago, Js1 said:

Woah

I almost feel bad for social media these days. Such an impossible task trying to do real time fact checking and conversation policing to the satisfaction of opposing parties. But that actually looks like a decent compromise solution. 

1 minute ago, BearSchlong said:

This whole thing today feels orchestrated.  A wag the dog event.  Like it was choreographed.

It literally was orchestrated on radical right wing (Republican) websites.  That’s been reported numerous times they were posting on these sites how to successfully ambush the capitol. 

Why is work busier than ever right now? "Oh look the US is crumbling....let's go open a new account!"

I just want to watch our fall in peace people!

Fucking this. More emails these past few hours than the previous two days. People have weird coping mechanisms and priorities.

2 minutes ago, BearSchlong said:

This whole thing today feels orchestrated.  A wag the dog event.  Like it was choreographed.

Bruh, I can't get into my building at work without a cavity search looking for covid. These fucks have their feet up on the Speaker's desk. Heads need to fucking roll

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, RPM said:

I took the Vets for Biden sticker off my back window. No sense giving these idiots a target. But I did put my Ruger Security 9 and 4 magazines in the car.

Fuck around and find out.

I wouldn't store a gun in a car for any period of time - it's begging for it to get stolen.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2