Mentally unstable radical Republican? Oh you mean Marjorie!

Pancho

44 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Nick Dyer:

Hide contents

Swalwell shouts in face of House staffer to defend mask-wearing

California Dem Renews Push to Expel Pro-Trump Congresswoman - Trump ...

Voted Most Likely to Make New Pages Write Tell-All Books.

Can't fault him for leaving A&M. Sure he stayed long enough to almost have to buy a ring, but his parachute opened at the last second.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Just another straight-up American traitor.  

Sure seem to be a lot of them on one side of the aisle. And zero fucking consequences. 

20 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

How the hell do you attend college for 4 years and not get your degree?  Do you just stop?  Flunk out?  Other?

Look at the dates.

Inauguration was January 20, 2009.

He was a victim, I tell you, a victim.

Seriously though, while unis do seem to make an effort with retention, etc some students just don't graduate and for many reasons.

1 hour ago, Tuco said:

The first thought that comes to mind: Don't walk under a fork lift's load. 

I may have had too many site safety orientations.  

When I was an IT contractor for a couple of companies, we had to do the OSHA trainings/orientations way too often for whatever reason, even though we were never going to be near anything resembling the training/orientation stuff.  The films were hilarious though.

CNN reached out to the spokesperson for her congressional office, Nick Dyer, on Tuesday night to ask for comment on the false claim and to ask whether Greene had any plans to delete or correct the tweet.

Dyer responded in an email by asking whether CNN thinks the many Americans who have died from drugs under Biden "care about the details" of this particular case. He added, "Do you think they give a f**k about your bullsh*t fact checking?"

On 3/1/2023 at 10:30 AM, El Tri said:

serious question... why doesn't anyone ever just straight up laugh at her and tell her to fuck off? why just sit there and take shit from this neanderthal?

According to that guy, she says her lines and then walks out. She doesn't have conversations or listen to other people. I'm sure she has in the past, and it puts her in the position to defend her remarks. It's much easier to only talk.

sadly, the only adult option on the table is to ignore them. 
granted thats hard to when they have elected power, but thats all we got my man
and I mean people tweeting back at her, like in post 5482 just above ^. that gives degenerates power, can't do that
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Nah ignoring them is giving them the power.

Highlighting the batshittery of Trump et al has been demonstrably proven to work on normal previously apolitical voters who didn’t bother engaging with the democratic process in the past. It’s boosted voter turnout, it’s galvanized suburban moms, it’s supercharged donations to Democrats.

Blasting these assholes with their own words is vital.
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 4
  • Drool 1

21 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

According to that guy, she says her lines and then walks out. She doesn't have conversations or listen to other people. I'm sure she has in the past, and it puts her in the position to defend her remarks. It's much easier to only talk.

again, if it was me, i'd just start tearing into what a stupid POS she, then walk out. don't let her just have her soundbites for twitter

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

high quality GIF

Yes.  In fact, Herschel graduated in the top 1% of this class at UGa.  Just ask him.

For years, Herschel Walker has told the same inspiring story: that he graduated in the top 1% of his class at the University of Georgia. He’s told the story, according to a review of his speeches by CNN’s KFile, during motivational speeches over the years and as recently as 2017. The only problem: it’s not true.

CNN.com link

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

CPAC is being held in DC, but DeSantis declined and is coming to Texas. Most of the folks who support the DC speakers (of which Trump is one) and DeSantis in Texas won't care about the lack of attendees anyway because they'll never see those videos.

Have they been on the offensive against DeSantis - I mean outside of the usual Trump family shitheads.

On 3/1/2023 at 10:57 AM, Storm the Field said:

Big shocker, a giant piece of shit has giant pieces of shit working for her.

While we and the countless panelists on cable news tut-tut over decorum, their huge plurality nods with satisfaction and high-fives (at least those who haven't accidentally cut off a few fingers opening metal cans) one another yelling, "I love it!" This is no battleground for war against the shameless.

Even overt lies do not bring a blush to confident idiots who know no shame.

On 3/1/2023 at 10:30 AM, El Tri said:

serious question... why doesn't anyone ever just straight up laugh at her and tell her to fuck off? why just sit there and take shit from this neanderthal?

On 3/1/2023 at 11:04 AM, Biff Tannen said:

Serious answer: I don’t know and it drives me nuts

See above. Address her on her own terms, and you risk condemnation from the tut-tutters on you own side. That's because our side still doesn't get it. Even if our side did get it, does it really do any good to just echo the tactics of these people? Do we really find much a future in merely dropping decorum? No. It won't be enough. Their lack of decorum is a mere symptom of what @DigglerontheHoof identifies below.

On 3/1/2023 at 11:37 AM, DigglerontheHoof said:

Just another straight-up American traitor.  

Yes. Just as Trump moves in the grey areas where the law isn't easy to apply and good citizens rely on good citizenship, undermining a democratic republic can employ similar tactics on similar terrain.

We are learning that bad actors can destroy a republic by the physically peaceful means of destroying the arena for discourse. Where is the law that covers this? 

@TwiceHorn will tell us that there isn't one nor can there be because of a pesky Constitutional Amendment. He'll be flayed as messengers usually are even though they deliver truth. 

Minimum standards for behavior in a republic have been beaten down to septic field level. Are we ready to take the steps to effectively counter (or have even a poor chance at same) a movement that has already shown it's spectrum of tactics includes violence? Am I?

I can justify it in cold reflection, but will I ever be moved to act against vermin like this woman? As I consider and refrain from action, the sea spills over the gunwhales and down the hatches of this ship that was once so fine.

• Hook 'Em 2

23 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

We are learning that bad actors can destroy a republic by the physically peaceful means of destroying the arena for discourse. Where is the law that covers this? 

@TwiceHorn will tell us that there isn't one nor can there be because of a pesky Constitutional Amendment. He'll be flayed as messengers usually are even though they deliver truth. 

I am not one to deride a perfectly fine screed, but I’m not quite sure I understand what your proposed fix is - or what constitutional amendment you attribute to Twice saying  prevents your fix?   Please explain 

Yes. Just as Trump moves in the grey areas where the law isn't easy to apply and good citizens rely on good citizenship, undermining a democratic republic can employ similar tactics on similar terrain.
[mention=248]TwiceHorn[/mention] will tell us that there isn't one nor can there be because of a pesky Constitutional Amendment. He'll be flayed as messengers usually are even though they deliver truth. 
Minimum standards for behavior in a republic have been beaten down to septic field level. Are we ready to take the steps to effectively counter (or have even a poor chance at same) a movement that has already shown it's spectrum of tactics includes violence? Am I?
I can justify it in cold reflection, but will I ever be moved to act against vermin like this woman? As I consider and refrain from action, the sea spills over the gunwhales and down the hatches of this ship that was once so fine.

Relying on the honor system with a bunch of dishonorable people was bound to be a problem.

It’s fucking amazing we made it almost 250 years as a country before someone dishonorable AND shameless got the keys to the castle.

Men like Nixon were dishonorable but at least they possessed the capacity for shame.
  • Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

at least they possessed the capacity for shame.

It really just boils down to that. No shame whatsoever. A complete fraud of a representative is still in Congress and shows no signs of leaving.

2 hours ago, Gatorubet said:

I am not one to deride a perfectly fine screed, but I’m not quite sure I understand what your proposed fix is - or what constitutional amendment you attribute to Twice saying  prevents your fix?   Please explain 

Fair questions. Free Speech means indecorous speech cannot be stopped by legal means. I don't really propose a fix so much as recognize what may be the only resort: if it's a war for the republic then wage war. I and many others are reluctant to do that. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Really a dearth of actionable ideas.  Here is the one we here simply assume:

We will ride this out in our better or much better jobs and our better and much better domestic arrangements. I do have doubts as to whether this will work.  And it does accept the reality of the mass suffering of those outside this description.  

Shameful enough as this assumed plan is at the personal level, at the society level it might just be disastrous for all.

38 minutes ago, nbmishoid said:

Really a dearth of actionable ideas.  Here is the one we here simply assume:

We will ride this out in our better or much better jobs and our better and much better domestic arrangements. I do have doubts as to whether this will work.  And it does accept the reality of the mass suffering of those outside this description.  

Shameful enough as this assumed plan is at the personal level, at the society level it might just be disastrous for all.

I am hoping that 10 or 20 years from now, when we’ve pronounced the corpse of Lady Liberty in America dead for some time, that young people like both of my sons (who have almost no conception of racial prejudice or skin color prejudice or religious prejudice) are the voting majority, and that they reject the GQP worldview and it’s entirely and move Bigly in the opposite direction.

Maybe we are going through our current hell because our kids will decide they would rather have Sweden than rural Texas or Alabama as a governing political philosophy.

and that Lady Liberty is

BA07B531-41D9-43CE-8A0C-55B0086EB118.gif.984676b9efac17d674295c869cec23bb.gif

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Macanudo said:

MTG goes from being stripped of her committee assignments to straight on power broker in the House.   What a world we live in.

Watching that imbecile preside over the House was surreal.