anti-vaxxers/trumpkins shut down mass vaccination event at dodger stadium

Gil Bang

Well, at least it was somewhat short:

The Los Angeles Fire Department closed the entrance to the stadium — one of the largest vaccination sites in the country — for about an hour starting just before 2 p.m. as a precaution, officials said.

Bummer:

there were no incidents of violence.

I can't prove it yet, but that dirty Mexican...Fernando Valenzuela was involved somehow.  

We really need to get the "Nobody but Trump could have developed a vaccine this quickly and effectively" nutjob crowd in the same room as the "Vaccines are a hoax and this disease is a hoax!" and just see what happens.  I know I'd pay about tree fiddy.  

14 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

There needs to be intelligence tests for breeding 

I've said this for years.  People think I'm kidding.  Why should I be?  You can't even drive a car in this country without passing a test.

8 hours ago, Burt said:

Humans would be extinct by 2150.

Yeah, and that would be about 50 more years than we've got now.

• Hook 'Em 1

ok, so trumpers, right-wing nuts, anti-vaxxers, qanon wackos - all share a common thread of not completely believing in the virus, wearing masks, or getting the vaccines, which seem to be upwards of 95% effective.

and since the vaccine will not be mandatory (muh freedoms, etc), then it seems like in ~6 months, you'll have a lot of vaccinated people, and a lot of unvaccinated wack jobs.  if the world opens back up, many of these wack jobs will get sick and die, while the rest of the country will start to actually have a life again.

i'm not really seeing a problem here.  you keep doing you, morons.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

ok, so trumpers, right-wing nuts, anti-vaxxers, qanon wackos - all share a common thread of not completely believing in the virus, wearing masks, or getting the vaccines, which seem to be upwards of 95% effective.

and since the vaccine will not be mandatory (muh freedoms, etc), then it seems like in ~6 months, you'll have a lot of vaccinated people, and a lot of unvaccinated wack jobs.  if the world opens back up, many of these wack jobs will get sick and die, while the rest of the country will start to actually have a life again.

i'm not really seeing a problem here.  you keep doing you, morons.

Except they’ll be providing a breeding ground where the virus can mutate into new vaccine-resistant strains, putting all the rest of us at risk. 

• Rage+1 6

Once vaccines are widely available, businesses need to put the hurt to these types and require proof of vaccination to enter their premises, airports, government buildings, etc... 

Edited by Orale
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

7 minutes ago, Scheiss Meister said:

For me it would only be to extend a middle finger and laugh derisively at them.  But I could do that more safely with my windows rolled up.

Exactly. I think that FAAFO can be quite effectively communicated through a rolled up window. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Orale said:

Once vaccines are widely available, businesses need to put the hurt to these types and require proof of vaccination to enter their premises, airports, government buildings, etc... 

Airlines are already talking about doing exactly that.  And plenty of employers are requiring it of employees.  The EEOC has already issued guidance that employers may ask about vaccine status (employers generally can't inquire about healthcare issues otherwise).

I agree that were creating the circumstances whereby these people will be pushed further and further to the fringes of society.  And I don't think that's altogether healthy.  They'll become more conspiratorial-minded, and probably more violent, the more they are separated from normal society.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Ghost of LL said:

Airlines are already talking about doing exactly that.  And plenty of employers are requiring it of employees.  The EEOC has already issued guidance that employers may ask about vaccine status (employers generally can't inquire about healthcare issues otherwise).

I agree that were creating the circumstances whereby these people will be pushed further and further to the fringes of society.  And I don't think that's altogether healthy.  They'll become more conspiratorial-minded, and probably more violent, the more they are separated from normal society.

I did not know this. Do you think will survive the inevitable court challenges?

Any other law doggy doggs want to opine?

12 hours ago, High Plains Drifter said:

I did not know this. Do you think will survive the inevitable court challenges?

Any other law doggy doggs want to opine?

It really depends on the circumstance.  If someone doesn't want to take the vaccine because of a disability (though I don't know what that would be) or because of a bona-fide religious belief, the employer needs to offer a reasonable accommodation.  That could include working from home in certain cases.  But in a lot of cases, that's not feasible.  And permitting an employee into the workplace who poses a direct threat to the health of other employees is not a reasonable accommodation.

But if we're just talking about someone who doesn't want to take the vaccine because of shit they heard on OANN, then I don't think that is legally protected.  And I'd have a hard time coming up with a reason why the employer wouldn't be able to terminate that employee.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

It really depends on the circumstance.  If someone doesn't want to take the vaccine because of a disability (though I don't know what that would be) or because of a bona-fide religious belief, the employer needs to offer a reasonable accommodation.  That could include working from home in certain cases.  But in a lot of cases, that's not feasible.  And permitting an employee into the workplace who poses a direct threat to the health of other employees is not a reasonable accommodation.

But if we're just talking about someone who doesn't want to take the vaccine because of shit they heard on OANN, then I don't think that is legally protected.  And I'd have a hard time coming up with a reason why the employer wouldn't be able to terminate that employee.

In at will states those crazies will probably create a toxic workplace environment as soon as they hear they have to get the vaccine and wear a mask.

I think this is why so many of them are self-employed as realtors.  

On 1/30/2021 at 7:08 PM, Lobo said:

I can't prove it yet, but that dirty Mexican...Fernando Valenzuela was involved somehow.  

We really need to get the "Nobody but Trump could have developed a vaccine this quickly and effectively" nutjob crowd in the same room as the "Vaccines are a hoax and this disease is a hoax!" and just see what happens.  I know I'd pay about tree fiddy.  

Would this be a double whammy cancel culture event?

There will absolutely need to be health related exceptions.   As it stands right now, I am not able to get the vaccine because of a prior issue with vaccinations.  I can't get flu shots anymore.   The end result could be fatal but if I could get it, I would do so.   Not much of a problem as of now because I'll be able to work from home for the foreseeable future.   But what if I change jobs and am not able to?   What if my current employer decides in July or October that we're all back in the office?

We can’t even get HEB to enforce its own mask policy and you think companies are going to fire these fucksticks for not getting vaccinated?

Yeah this is my concern.  I want these idiots all to get fired, but my sister has an auto-immune disease and vaccinations aren't always feasible for her.  I'm hoping that there will be a way to ferret out the difference between the crazies and the medically necessary vaccine skippers.  I'd fire all the crazies with a smile on my face.  I lead a team of people that pre-pandemic spent time in front of our customers.  All of my team will be getting vaccinated or will be looking for new employment without a medically valid reason why they aren't getting it. I'm not putting my customers at risk, not to mention co-workers on the occasions where we all get together.

• Hook 'Em 1