Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

42 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

I see that you didn't watch the Auburn-Cal game.  Cal beat them up and down the field, but kept missing field goals.

My post and thoughts had almost zero focus on Auburn, though. It's a given that they suck this year. Freeze has been selling that to recruits as a point around playing time and setting expectations. 

Everything I mentioned about ATM is also true and a problem for anyone (apparently many folks) expecting them to roll. 

Given that both programs have some significant current problems, let's just consider our options in a vacuum: if two teams are comparable in terms of pros and cons, who would you rather bet on - Hugh Freeze or Jimbo Fisher? I'm taking Freeze. It's a reductive hypothetical, but it's not totally out of whack from how this game is stacking up. 

Now I am sure ATM goes out and beats them by 40. Such is life trying to size up Jimbo Fisher's Texas Fightin' Aggies, I guess. Everyone always seems to fall back on the notion of "talent" between two teams. I guess the last 13 years has caused me to hit the pause button when I see that being the logic.

• Hook 'Em 2

• Replies 72.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

1 hour ago, Honeysucklerose said:

https://fb.watch/neeCk3Ks3k/?mibextid=HSR2mg

They honor the equestrian team in the first 1:30

I met one of their national champion equestrian’s once.  She sat with a group of us at a beer garden place in Brenham after one girl saw her alone and invited her over.  In thirty minutes she said oh I want to fuck that guy about some guy that walked by, talked about her pierced nipples then showed them, told a story about getting arrested for beating up her mother,  there was more but I don’t remember it all, then was like I’m a little crazy.   No shit!  Horse girls are nuts but a good lay if you survive.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 2

2 hours ago, Hook1997 said:

I met one of their national champion equestrian’s once.  She sat with a group of us at a beer garden place in Brenham after one girl saw her alone and invited her over.  In thirty minutes she said oh I want to fuck that guy about some guy that walked by, talked about her pierced nipples then showed them, told a story about getting arrested for beating up her mother,  there was more but I don’t remember it all, then was like I’m a little crazy.   No shit!  Horse girls are nuts but a good lay if you survive.  

And that guys name was SHOOTER12...

Edited by SHOOTER12
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Hook1997 said:

This sounds like one of the greatest one night hang outs (not even talking sex- but sure- sec too) ever. 

29 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Sounds like Foster and Fatheree are both out and likely to remain out. Not sure that is a good thing given how absolutely terrible Foster is. 

Good thing they have a great, well loved, highly respected OL coach that can absolutely coach up their bread shapes cubes

Oh?.they don't? Maybe his son can 

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, horn4life said:

The funniest thing about the best win of that season, against Alabama, would have been impossible.  Except for the complete and total lack of respect the Alabama football team had toward A&M.  Without that complete and total lack of respect, A&M doesn't beat Bama.

You and @BabaYaga have it right.  One other factor:  The SECX3 was stuck in the mud with its 3yards and a cloud of dust offenses and super slow defenses. Remember, this is the era when the B12 was being derided as a lightweight league with video game, gimmicky offenses. B12 teams were built for speed, on both sides of the ball. Sherman had built a team with NFL-caliber lines, and the athletes were there to run a spread offense. 

The combination of those two completely caught the SECX3 off guard and enabled the lightning in a bottle. SECX3 defenses that were built for bruising low-scoring contests were completely unprepared for the high-octane offense Coach Bro and Rumlin installed. 

And what was the result?  Did aggy adjust to the SECX3?  No, the SECX3 adjusted to the inevitable and across the board adopted wide open offenses. 

• Hook 'Em 1

20 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

If an event has a 70% chance of happening and everyone knows that and has full information, then predictions of the event results should be nearly 100% in favor of the 70% result. Event probability and prediction percentage don't match in a perfect world. 

If I handed you a single die and asked you to make a prediction on which event would happen, either you roll a 1 or you don't, you would predict you don't. So would everyone else. Same logic. The percentage of people who predict they won't roll a 1 would be much higher than 83%. The 83% probability would be the correct bet 100% of the time. 

wut?

On 9/22/2023 at 11:14 AM, sidis said:

i suspect it is more of a commentary on auburn than the agros.

the auburn-cal game was the late game of the week a couple of weeks ago and auburn truly did look like hammered dogshit in that game.  they had no business beating cal.  They threw for a total of 94 yards and had 230 total yards on the day.  auburn turned the ball over 4 times and the only thing that saved them was that cal turned it over 3.  they were out-possessed by ten minutes and looked foolish.

freeze and his no ethics shenanigans will soon have auburn competitive again but it is first year stuff right now.  they are pretty terrible.  i suspect the agro front four will have their "get the fans hopes up" day this week.  on the other hand, this game can be wild and auburn will certainly be the first breathing defense that weigman has to face.

As I said…auburn’s offense is possibly the worst in the country. 

26 minutes ago, Longboard Horn said:

Guy I used to work with in Houston was dragged by his family to the Texas A&M game today because his younger brother is a student there. Anyway he sent me this

A9879F07-337B-4E3B-88F9-761D4D6DC084.png

I'd find a new family...after I buried the first one.

"But your honor, the defendant was repeatedly exposed to aggy by force against his will! On those grounds we're pleading temporary insanity".

Judge: "case dismissed"

35 minutes ago, Longboard Horn said:

Guy I used to work with in Houston was dragged by his family to the Texas A&M game today because his younger brother is a student there. Anyway he sent me this

There’s one of them close to where I live.  I don’t think I’ve ever seen a non-white person under the age of 70 coming out of it.

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Longboard Horn said:

Their agricultural science department has disproved the old adage that you can’t make chicken salad out of chicken shit. 

• Haha 2