• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

4 hours ago, Basil said:

And they had him hobbling from the field to the locker room - on TV no less - without assistance or crutches.  Just hobbling like a lame horse.  That's probably not a recommended course of action for a talus fracture.

This is the part that gets me. Let the team doc look at him. If somehow there is no doc around, let the trainer look at him. When in doubt (especially at a level of play as big-time as P5 FB), put him in a boot and on crutches until you get an MRI. There is pretty much 0% chance of a routine MRI of the ankle, the same study one would use definitively to diagnose and characterize sprains in high-level athletes, missing a talus fracture. Any idiot should know that you start out protecting the patient in case the injury you hope didn't occur actually did. 

• Hook 'Em 8

2 minutes ago, Magus Ossis said:

This is the part that gets me. Let the team doc look at him. If somehow there is no doc around, let the trainer look at him. When in doubt (especially at a level of play as big-time as P5 FB), put him in a boot and on crutches until you get an MRI. There is pretty much 0% chance of a routine MRI of the ankle, the same study one would use definitively to diagnose and characterize sprains in high-level athletes, missing a talus fracture. Any idiot should know that you start out protecting the patient in case the injury you hope didn't occur actually did. 

Even worse, Jimbo told Weigman to keep his ankle warm by jumping rope in the locker room.

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, Basil said:

And they had him hobbling from the field to the locker room - on TV no less - without assistance or crutches.  Just hobbling like a lame horse.  That's probably not a recommended course of action for a talus fracture.

52 minutes ago, Magus Ossis said:

I posted this during the game... not only was he hobbling in obvious pain , they passed right by a gator that is used for....drum roll please...transporting injured players.  

Edited by Dennis Taylor
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 3
  • Drool 2

3 hours ago, bluto said:

I’d imagine a significant aspect is lefty roll out/play action. 

Also, play selection for that QB and tendencies/tells. There are plenty of things individual QBs do differently than others on the same team. We have been eviscerated quite a few times by "surprise" QBs, lest you forget.

1 hour ago, Dennis Taylor said:

I posted this during the game... not only was he hobbling in obvious pain , they passed right by a gator that is used for....drum roll please...transporting injured players.  

This just shows that Conner is a leader, warrior, and has the fightin Texas Aggie spirit. Something you would never know about, stupid sip!

4 hours ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Liucci sounds like someone has died throughout this nonsensical discussion but still finds a way to get on his knees for the SEC. 

Was on a long drive today and ran out of pods so I listened to this all the way through. Listening to Billy talk medical is pretty painful but he said the SEC grind is to blame for the aggie QB injuries and not the OLine. No mention of Tech rolling through QBs or any other school with an atrocious line. 

Even though he never quite said it his theme was in line with "if the other teams lose their QB a&m has a great shot because Max would start for more than half the SEC". That's the only hope he's holding onto that this team doesn't go 7-5. 

22 hours ago, Magus Ossis said:

It varies based on whether this is osteochondral, posterior process, lateral process, body, or neck. Best case for him is if it is a simple lateral process fracture. There is a high risk of AVN with more serious neck fractures. That’s super bad. Even if this heals up (and it can be slower than the average bone 6 week time), significant and early arthritis does occur with lots of these.

i was not aware of that waynes world GIF

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Magus Ossis said:

It varies based on whether this is osteochondral, posterior process, lateral process, body, or neck. Best case for him is if it is a simple lateral process fracture. There is a high risk of AVN with more serious neck fractures. That’s super bad. Even if this heals up (and it can be slower than the average bone 6 week time), significant and early arthritis does occur with lots of these.

But on the plus side, he'll be so brain-addled from CTE he probably won't notice much.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, UTEX_ME said:

... it will be 8-4 with a win against a weak opponent in the Liberty bowl... 

Honestly, 7 or 8 wins every year, an excuse (youth, difficult schedule, QB injury), and some small reason(s) for optimism is probably ideal.  

I hope they get every last minute of the Jimbo that they're paying for.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, Paul Wesley said:

Honestly, 7 or 8 wins every year, an excuse (youth, difficult schedule, QB injury), and some small reason(s) for optimism is probably ideal.  

I hope they get every last minute of the Jimbo that they're paying for.  

This 10,000%.  
I lie awake at night worrying that aggy will go 4-8 or 5-7, scrape up Jimbo’s buyout and actually hire a competent coach.  

Af least with Weigmans injury they have a built in excuse for when Bama rolls them. 

• Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, deft said:

The sec grind? We’ve played as many sec teams as they have in the last 10 months and we’re not even in the conference yet.

6 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

Ah, it's the "SEC grind".

The guy didn't make it through one half of SEC football.

Yup.  Removing the ag blinders regarding the myth of the "SEC gauntlet" and the "SEC grind" is going to be one of the most fun parts of Texas joining the SEC.  Not that they'll actually ever be able to acknowledge their idiocy.

• Hook 'Em 1