Clark Griswald is an American Goddamned Hero

Ghost of LL

Chevy's physical comedy always made those movies great for me. Just little things like showing the inside of the sandwich to Christie Brinkley when he's dancing. When he's hanging on the ladder in Christmas Vacation, the "I can't figure out how to get out of this" reach back and forth on either side of the ladder. 

• Hook 'Em 5

4 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

Attempted to cheat on your mom while she was asleep with the kids in a motel room?

No wonder she became the woman we’ve all known and, uh, loved.

Ha, ha. No, nothing like that. But he was a tall goofball. A 6’4” hulking Marine for his day job, but could often be a silly fuck up during his dad time.

11 hours ago, SimonBolivar said:

This the best line out of all the movies and I use it all the time. It just encapsulates the man perfectly.

We can agree to disagree.

not because he “loses it”.  Because the families (and the world)needs direction when everything has gone to hell.  He is utterly determined to have family memories.  

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, mdmost said:

He's not going to pork her, Russ. Just eat your food. 

Another one:

Look kids!

We know...Big Ben...

Parliament!

I say "look kids Big Ben Parliment" anytime we road trip anywhere completely out of context.  Kids don't get it yet, but the wife laughs.

• Hook 'Em 2

6 hours ago, Covri said:

I say "look kids Big Ben Parliment" anytime we road trip anywhere completely out of context.  Kids don't get it yet, but the wife laughs.

Same, but usually in context when I’m lost and have to double-back or something like that. My kids have seen the movie, so they get it.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, mdmost said:

He's not going to pork her, Russ. Just eat your food. 

Another one:

Look kids!

We know...Big Ben...

Parliament!

"Big Ben. . . Parliament" is in regular rotation in my household when we're driving.  My kids say it, and I'm not sure they've even all seen the movie.