Wulaw Horn

1 minute ago, Chuckie Finster said:

My favorite part about quotes like this is when the media members initially rush to twitter to ply victim and whine about it, only to quickly realize that every single person agrees with the coach.  

FCB will find a way to crucify himself I am sure.  Fuck that guy!

• Hook 'Em 2

Just a few points here...

First, this is the most important game we have left, for the simple reason that it's the current or the next game. Implications for the future are - in true Surly-speak - fluid, and belong in a different thread.

Second, Herman made a huge mistake in not keeping Traylor, and particularly so in light of who he actually did keep. It was one of the first things that made me think MensaTom was incompletely decked. When we finally dumped Herman, I was fully on board the Urban train, but Traylor's stint at UTSA had him pretty far up the list, and I wouldn't have hated that as a hire.

Urban was only realistic to me because  one of my BILs had a Texas Big Dog tell him anent Urban that Texas was committed to Urban and would deny him nothing. Turns out that wasn't true, but I didn't see that coming until Urban was not on board by the new first signing day, but I didn't know what the hold-up was. I think it was the first round of CFP that I saw Urbs sitting in the corner of a stadium, surrounded by empty seats, looking like his buttchick had just stood him up. He looked really upset. Maybe he had persisted with the cut out and thought Texas would knuckle under and give him what he was demanding, and we had already moved on.

I think the story I've heard since then that fits the actions, is that Urban insisted on having a "fall guy" - oh, wait, that doesn't sound so good, let's see uhhhh "Senior Executive Assistant Director of Athletics for Football" to take responsibility for the bags of cash and other potential problems, as a cut-out between CDC and the HFC... and that was something we DID deny him. I'm sure that came up fairly early in the negotiations, so it is still puzzling that the search didn't switch much earlier. Maybe it did but Sark wanted it kept quiet to keep Bama on track. Hu nose?

Third, failure to understand that we have a realistic probability of losing to UTSA, albeit a vanishingly small one,  and even arguing against it is a clear sign of one's knowledge (or lack of) of football and its history. Shut the fuck up about "it can't happen", because it damn sure can, even if it takes some weird shit - I mean, we're already down to QB3 in depth... fill in the blanks. No, not very fucking likely, but it wouldn't take much. Just ask Alabama.

• Hook 'Em 3

46 minutes ago, immamac said:

I'm no more plugged in than last year to the locker room, I keep telling you guys and you aren't listening - this is very very different from last year.

A nugget from spending about an hour with the Burnt Ends last night, they want to set an example. I feel kinda bad for UTSA, because they are going to be the outlet of a lot of frustration at how last weeks result ended up. 

I hope so but I'll believe it when I see it.  I don't know how many times the last 10+ years we've heard players talk about how the mentality/culture has changed for the better.  Players know the right things to say.  I don't trust that shit though, show us on the field.  Yeah, you showed us something Saturday.  Do it again.  And again.  And again.  

• Hook 'Em 4

55 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

53 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Man crush intensifies

51 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

Seems like Sark learned a lot more from Saban than just the process…. He learned to tell the media to fuck off in a somewhat nice way

I noticed he says "Kurt" still. And he gives FCB shit.

I like this guy. I hope CTJ is wrong about him, and not just because it means we'll win a lot of games.

But I've been burned before, and he hasn't Done It Yet. So I'm gonna keep being skeptical.

• Hook 'Em 3

29 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

I feel like Wright is gonna come in and throw for 327 yards 2 tds. Run for 1 and no ints 

Exaggeration and hyperbole don't belong in this conversation. We are discussing a real trade off in the Wright/Card conversation. How much do we want to keep Card healthy for Tech in relation to how much risk will we take on with Wright starting this game. Bottom line, Wright will prove to the country that he is a better college QB than Ewers, Bryce Young, Steve Young, Vince Young and Cleo Lemon.

• Haha 3

I kinda want Card to rest and be ready for Tech tbh. Wright starting and Card being emergency backup seems like the way to go.

If they can’t beat UTSA with Charles Wright, they deserve to lose. Sit Card for conference play and let Wright get his moment and to do what he was recruited to do - be a competent backup.
  • Hook 'Em 4

3 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

Thought this was interesting, but here is the personnel grouping breakdown from the first two games from OB:

Personnel-Grouping Frequency Overall and by Game (2022 Regular Season)

Deep-Dig-2022-Personnel-Utilization-by-Game-1.jpg

This is wrong, because the diamond formation was 30. Robinson, Robinson, and Johnson were in the game.

3 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

This is wrong, because the diamond formation was 30. Robinson, Robinson, and Johnson were in the game.

The play you are thinking of got called back due to penalty.

When they went wildcat with Roschon a few times with the QB flexed out as a WR it was out of 31.

Edited by Hookem2147

3 hours ago, ChickenNuggets said:

I mean, we'll find out on Saturday. Do we really need that much detail during the week? lol. 

this is where "just win" comes in.  unfortunately, none of those idiots/jokers makes money off us winning.  It really is amazing people pay them money.

22 minutes ago, CfRhTxStBobcats said:

Sorry, game related but not football related. Heading to the game Saturday for only the 2nd time in the last 4 years and I'm taking the wife. I don't recall if wine is available or only beer. 

Why don’t you just suck it up and . . . I mean, tell your “wife” to suck it up and drink beer?

Edited by South Austin
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Is that a white Camry that Jatavion is driving? Sensible, workhorse pick, good for a tight end.

As a recent Camry owner, you’regoddamnright.gif. Dependable hybrids get the bitches whet

Edited by Hank_Hill
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, brojangles2 said:

I honestly want to see CW play. I think he will ball out and it would be a bad ass happening for the hometown kid. Stadium would respond well to such. I realize HC is local as well, but frankly he has had the shot already. 

This is where I'm at, too. I want to win, of course, but as an Austin native and fellow legacy Longhorn, I can't help but root for Charles to get his start.

• Hook 'Em 2