Huge Piece of Shit and alleged Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi

The Ace of Aces

8 minutes ago, Samson's Wig said:

I think this is a reasonable take.  Whatever Randi did or didn't do as a coach has absolutely zero bearing on this incident, however. It serves as a sign that neither one of them are particularly nice people, but we all already knew that didn't we?  

Wait, what?  I'm on record as saying Beard should get very little leeway in this situation, and I suspect he has earned his upcoming dismissal.  That said, her past behavior, if it indicates a hot temper and a tendency towards physical altercations should absolutely be considered in the investigation.  Beyond that, what evidence or past history do you have to back up the idea that Beard is not "particularly nice people"?  As far as I know, this is incident #1.  

I mean, yeah, he's sarcastic and a hardass and all those things that we often see in coaches, but let's not just assume he's always been a dirtbag.  He might not even be a dirtbag now if in fact his actions were purely defensive and without malice.  (Not saying that's the case, again.)

• Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, txhorns said:

I do find it interesting that we have not heard from Beard’s ex-wife.  I would think if there was any abuse in that relationship then we would have heard about it.  Plus his kids are likely not very involved in his life if there was abuse there.

I would expect UT’s fancy lawyers have talked to her. Can’t imagine they would have passed on that billing opportunity. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Samson's Wig said:

lol

Good lord, of course not.  That's what a trial is for. Some of you are losing your damn minds over this situation. My point was that the post I quoted was disgusting in that it had no interest in justice, just in making certain our coach gets off scott free with no consequences regardless of the facts.  

ok my opinion now... I thought he should be fired, I assumed the report was largely true. now I don't know. if he's a beater, I want him gone. If there are extenuating circumstances, if the report is false or if it is largely exagerated, if she really started it and the strangulation was a choke hold that really wasn't (people keep saying it's a super broadly defined term) then all of a sudden you have something different. were the police over zealous? were the police following protocol and made a judgment that he had to be brought in, what's up with the multi hour delay in getting there, how was Beard checked out by medics but that wasn't in the original story? Again, if he's a beater, he's gone.  If UT fires him, that's really the end of it. Sadly, if UT keeps him, it will be because of a few things, (1) UT wants to win and unlike other situations is willing to act a little SEC instead of Stanford Pac-12 and that in and of itself is a sea change, but (2) there is at least a crack in the story, some ambiguity, some basis to say, "hey, he wasn't so bad" and in that place we will never know what really happened I don't think.  So my opinion is I want justice, but like in so many instances, I don't think that's what we get unless UT decides it's crystal clear no way out, but the more time goes by the less likely that's the case.

29 minutes ago, txhorns said:

I do find it interesting that we have not heard from Beard’s ex-wife.  I would think if there was any abuse in that relationship then we would have heard about it.  Plus his kids are likely not very involved in his life if there was abuse there.

That and Beard wouldn't have custody of the kids if he was a wife abuser.

Also, the 2+ hour response time of the APD is pretty fucking awesome.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Samson's Wig said:

There is absolutely nothing in the affidavit to indicate that his life was in danger (which would be the only justification), and his attorneys would 100% have made such circumstances public already were that the case. 

I think any person, male or female, has a right to defend themselves.  The threat doesn’t just have to be life or death. If she is causing bodily harm, he can defend himself. The response just has to be proportional to the threat. IMO.

Of course it is better to leave the situation, but that isn’t always possible.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

You're a fucking idiot. Men are allowed to defend themselves even when it's not life and death. Go simp somewhere else 

I’d rather our coach appear on national TV with 2 black eyes and a broken nose because he refused to defend himself when his fiancée went crazy.  Sends a good message.  The truth is somewhere in between.  We’ll probably never know what that truth is.

29 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

I’d rather our coach appear on national TV with 2 black eyes and a broken nose because he refused to defend himself when his fiancée went crazy.  Sends a good message.  The truth is somewhere in between.  We’ll probably never know what that truth is.

The truth is like the cards in poker.

They really don't matter versus the betting/ raises/ and bluffing. oh...and the size of your stack.

Edited by slorch

4 hours ago, Samson's Wig said:

Beard has never presented himself as an upstanding member of society, but I've always been okay with that and considered it worth the gamble for a good coach. I've been a fan.  This incident is a bridge too far, however.    And I agree that not all facts are in the affidavit, of course.  But it's also a fact that Beard didn't deny assaulting her to the cops.  He merely claimed that she started it, which might matter in terms of his criminal situation, but doesn't mean a hill of beans in terms of public opinion.  He has proven himself to be a low-life that will assault a woman.  Mitigating factors may impact his legal issues, but they don't change the fact that we've got a coach that hits women.  

Sure, but he didn't.  And what he did do is telling.   As you said, maybe massaging reality and cutting a deal works in East Texas, and maybe it will also work with in Austin, but I expect better out of the university than I do our criminal justice system.

sorry that happened.jpg

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, ztejas said:

What Are You Talking About Jersey Shore GIF by Jersey Shore Family Vacation

I'm saying what really happened isn't going to matter in the end.  It's going to be about massaging the situation and influencing perception. Some of the discussion is already going there.  He's not likely to be fired at this point, in my estimation.  It would have already occurred.

What really happened, even if it was the 2-7 unsuited in poker, is not nearly as important as what front is put on by Beard, and UT itself.

Edited by slorch

18 hours ago, Samson's Wig said:

Sad take you've got there. I'm no fan of the Travis County DA, but referring to him as a nobody who is merely standing in the way implies that Beard is too important to face justice for something that most people would consider as low-life as it gets.  Garza isn't the problem.  

I agree with this statement. The DA should do his job, and be allowed to conduct his investigation regardless of who the accused is. 

Beard is the problem.  If this wasn't a coach, and it happened to your sister, you'd be ready to kick his ass up and down the street and be rooting for prison time.  Sports make people lose their minds. Beard should be gone.  Full stop.  

If my sister was just sitting back in her bedroom and her husband started slapping her around the house, I would want justice. But if my sister was 4 glasses of wine into the evening and flipped out starting shit with her husband, possibly assaulting him, I would certainly give him leeway to defend himself. I have no idea what happened, as I was not there. All I know about the situation is what is described in the affidavit, which only presents her side of the story. It might be 100% accurate, it might be a complete fabrication, or the truth may be somewhere in between. That's why you investigate. 

Beard has never presented himself as an upstanding member of society, but I've always been okay with that and considered it worth the gamble for a good coach. I've been a fan. 

Show your work here. What exactly has Beard done as coach of UT to indicate that he not an upstanding member of society? What actions are you "OK with"? Be specific

But it's also a fact that Beard didn't deny assaulting her to the cops.  He merely claimed that she started it, which might matter in terms of his criminal situation, but doesn't mean a hill of beans in terms of public opinion.  He has proven himself to be a low-life that will assault a woman.  Mitigating factors may impact his legal issues, but they don't change the fact that we've got a coach that hits women.  

The only account I have read of what happened that night is the affidavit. The entire account of the evening is based on what his fiancé told the officer that arrived on scene. The only mention of anything that came out of Beard's mouth is the following: 

"Additionally, while on scene Christopher was interviewed and stated that he had audio recordings of the incident where he was not the primary aggressor. Following Christopher's statement he was asked if he would be willing to share those recordings to which he stated, no"

How do you know that Beard "didn't deny assaulting her to the cops?" What is quoted above is a single sentence summation written by a cop, not a direct quote  of anything that came out of Beard's mouth that evening. I could envision a scenario where the cop asks Beard if he assaulted Randi, and Beard answered "she started assaulting me, I acted in self defense, and I have audio proving she was the aggressor. I didn't start shit."  Or maybe he admitted to beating the crap out of her after she started it. We don't know, because the entire affidavit has basically one sentence related to Beard's side of the story. You see that as proof that "Beard is a low-life that will assault women." I'm willing to entertain the idea that there are other possibilities. That's why you investigate.  

Edited by Blotto
  • Hook 'Em 2

17 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

Wait, what?  I'm on record as saying Beard should get very little leeway in this situation, and I suspect he has earned his upcoming dismissal.  That said, her past behavior, if it indicates a hot temper and a tendency towards physical altercations should absolutely be considered in the investigation.  Beyond that, what evidence or past history do you have to back up the idea that Beard is not "particularly nice people"?  As far as I know, this is incident #1.  

I mean, yeah, he's sarcastic and a hardass and all those things that we often see in coaches, but let's not just assume he's always been a dirtbag.  He might not even be a dirtbag now if in fact his actions were purely defensive and without malice.  (Not saying that's the case, again.)

People here are stating that she may have a history of violence. I've looked for an article that states that the assaulted her HS volleyball players, but all I can find are internet posts about why she was dismissed from her job. Can anyone share anything that states this? I would like to read it. Thnx. 

21 minutes ago, TreatyOak said:

People here are stating that she may have a history of violence. I've looked for an article that states that the assaulted her HS volleyball players, but all I can find are internet posts about why she was dismissed from her job. Can anyone share anything that states this? I would like to read it. Thnx. 

There is nothing. There's only message board rumors. You won't find anything else. The narrative has shifted that way because America is shitty to women. That's it.

That doesn't mean it isn't true, I'm just saying lots of people, even in this thread, just will automatically assume whatever happened is her fault and come up with reasons to back that up. I've heard the rumor before, and I very much doubt she was fired for hitting any players or anything like that. It would have been all over the Lubbock news.

Just now, TexasTroll said:

Your his kid??

Ban You!!

That's right I'm Beard's bastard and I will be named or he will suffer the consequences.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

That doesn't mean it isn't true, I'm just saying lots of people, even in this thread, just will automatically assume whatever happened is her fault and come up with reasons to back that up. I've heard the rumor before, and I very much doubt she was fired for hitting any players or anything like that. It would have been all over the Lubbock news.

Not necessarily. School districts are great at covering shit up, especially rich districts like Frenship. 

Hell, even my little as high school Gainesville was great at covering shit up they shouldn’t have.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

For what it’s worth, I was recently on a jury for the same charge and was told it was legally strangulation / impeding airways if you were to hold someone back by the shoulders and the victim feels their airway are impeded.  No idea what beard did or didn’t do here, but ya, it’s a really broad definition.  

In my case the defendant was holding the victim back against the wall  via shoulders for about 10 seconds.
cops asked victim what happened and if they ever felt a shortness of breath.  Victim said yes without really knowing that it jumped the incident up from a  misdemeanor to felony   Once victim realized the consequences they later refused to testify  

Absolute shit show.  Probably how this will turn out

Edited by FORTY NINE TO ZERO
  • Hook 'Em 4

8 minutes ago, FORTY NINE TO ZERO said:

For what it’s worth, I was recently on a jury for the same charge and was told it was legally strangulation / impeding airways if you were to hold someone back by the shoulders and the victim feels their airway are impeded.  No idea what beard did or didn’t do here, but ya, it’s a really broad definition.  

In my case the defended was holding the victim back against the wall  via shoulders for about 10 seconds.
cops asked victim what happened and if they ever felt a shortness of breath.  Victim said yes without really knowing that it jumped the incident up from a  misdemeanor to felony   Once victim realized the consequences they later refused to testify  

Absolute shit show.  Probably how this will turn out

Similar to what I reported a couple days back.  What is considered "impeded airways" is very broad.  Perhaps this is yet another of the reasons we are not hearing much from any of the sides (LEO, DA, accuser, Beard, his attorneys, UT, etc.) 

This thread has reinforced the immutable fact that some people will distort any information they are presented to support their preconceived biases. They will create facts where there are none. They will misinterpret facts. They will preach. They will pre-judge. They will ignore facts. These people suck. 

• Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

This thread has reinforced the immutable fact that some people will distort any information they are presented to support their preconceived biases. They will create facts where there are none. They will misinterpret facts. They will preach. They will pre-judge. They will ignore facts. These people suck. 

eyeroll-lucille-bluth.gif.8914ebc2813cadcced489217157ae790.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, Pancho said:

Not necessarily. School districts are great at covering shit up, especially rich districts like Frenship. 

Hell, even my little as high school Gainesville was great at covering shit up they shouldn’t have.

That is true. Our school district ditched an abusive coach and it never made the news. He was also not a great coach.*

Trew had just taken her HS volleyball team to their deepest round of the playoffs, which is usually considered a good thing, and then she resigned, which is odd. Of course, she may have resigned to follow Beard to Texas, but who truly knows? I am no way claiming she is or is not abusive, and she certainly didn't "deserve" to be assaulted. Just wanted to learn more. 

*In our district, it's the parents who are the most crazy. My wife is an admin. The stuff they have pulled over the years is truly mind-bending. 

36 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

But...aren't you just pre-judging these people too?

1931832419-spicoli04_jpeg.jpg

• Haha 3

56 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Hang in there, it is pretty disorienting when you start using the internet.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3

58 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

When you see the number 71 describing the amount of posts made with the complete lack of information we’ve seen so far, for an event that happened recently, this is what you get. Caveat emptor. 

I know you’re not new around here, but I have to ask  Are you new around here? 

8 minutes ago, Pancho said:

The best part about this thread being so long is its full of people who have never really posted in the basketball forum, don’t go to games, and who would get upset if basketball got too successful. 

Once it’s decided what happens to Beard and this is over, you’ll never see them in this forum again (unless we go to the FF).

Agree

3 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

This is why a jury of your peers is terrifying.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Pancho said:

The best part about this thread being so long is its full of people who have never really posted in the basketball forum, don’t go to games, and who would get upset if basketball got too successful. 

Once it’s decided what happens to Beard and this is over, you’ll never see them in this forum again (unless we go to the FF).

First - samsies in baseball, second, I pay attention I just don’t post much on the sports ball threads, third I don’t because of all the morans. 

• Hook 'Em 1

• immamac changed the title to Huge Piece of Shit and Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi
  • immamac changed the title to Huge Piece of Shit and alleged Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi