Seven Win Steve Rides Again!

closetojumping

On 10/23/2023 at 10:26 AM, closetojumping said:

At this point, I unfortunately like my picks in the original post for the best bets of an upset. KSU with the freshman QB looks like a different team. They're really small defensively and they're not very fast on either side of the ball. It's in Austin, so nothing is a sure thing, but I'd rather be facing Will Howard.

Fwiw, they appear to be rotating the two QBs from drive to drive 

37 minutes ago, Fud said:

Fwiw, they appear to be rotating the two QBs from drive to drive 

You're right, but I've convinced myself that that won't be the case when they visit Austin. They look far and away better with Johnson taking snaps. That considered, film review should unlock better defending now that there is some out there. I'd been dismissive of KSU all offseason and the early portion of this season because I buy into Will Howard about as much as I buy into Joe Milton. Both have rewarded me for my deep skepticism. 

22 hours ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

You’re confident against byu with MM for four full quarters? They’re gonna stack the box and force him to throw and if he throws passes this Saturday like missiles it won’t be good. Arch isn’t playing this year and if he does it will blow his redshirt. 

New redshirt rule in place for coaches state that football players will now be allowed to play in up to four games and still qualify for a redshirt season, maintaining four years of eligibility.Jun 27, 2023

• Hook 'Em 2

On 10/24/2023 at 12:11 PM, mr.goodkat said:

New redshirt rule in place for coaches state that football players will now be allowed to play in up to four games and still qualify for a redshirt season, maintaining four years of eligibility.Jun 27, 2023

Is the Surl considered in "The Literature"?  I learn so much from it.

1 hour ago, Levi said:

I was close @gmr548. Bean was able to get it done.  Michael Scott Wink GIF

Hah. I had to go back and look at what this was even referring to. 

Fair enough. I don't think anyone would take KU's roster over OU's but the larger point that Texas really had no business losing that game stands.

Edited by gmr548
  • Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, gmr548 said:

Hah. I had to go back and look at what this was even referring to. 

Fair enough. I don't think anyone would take KU's roster over OU's but the larger point that Texas really had no business losing that game stands.

Kansas isn’t a bad unit. Ultimately, you’re still right tho. And it does sting a bit more knowing that they barely beat us even with the turnovers. 

• Rage+1 1

42 minutes ago, USNALonghorn said:

KSU game will tell us a lot about how well Sark can adjust to circumstances.

I’m a believer in you find a lot out about a coaches ability when he’s playing with a backup QB. 

If he crafts a gameplan to get us the win in that one it will be encouraging.

I’m becoming more convinced Texas lost to OU because they were stealing signals for both the offense and defense. I’m hearing way too much smoke around the rumors. 

If you watch Sark, he doesn’t cover his mouth, which may be one tiny example of a lack of attention to detail on this issue.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

I’m becoming more convinced Texas lost to OU because they were stealing signals for both the offense and defense. I’m hearing way too much smoke around the rumors. 

If you watch Sark, he doesn’t cover his mouth, which may be one tiny example of a lack of attention to detail on this issue.

Ego challenge maybe? He is probably thinking, "I'm smarter than everyone. I am an offensive genious. They cannot stop me". Haha

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Well LandThieves so duh. I’m convinced we just don’t care as much about beating OU as we should (this goes back years) but there were times the ass whippings were so severe I wondered if they had bugged our sideline or lockerroom. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 10/23/2023 at 3:22 PM, Pam Cummings said:

I think the Manning family trusts Sark because they know he isn't going to simply coddle the kid and hand him the job because of his name. They know he's got a lot of talent and they know he will play when he's ready. Or until Murphy gets hurt. Whichever comes first.

The Manning family is looking long term, a 20 year+ NFL career who cares if it starts a year in '27 or '28. Being in college longer will better prepare him so he'll be ready when he gets thrown to the wolves on a crappy team his first year. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Dbeasy said:

Can you elaborate?

Texas lost to OU because Quinn Ewers made a dumb throw on the second play of the game, Kitan Crawford ran into a punter, Texas couldn’t push OU a yard in four plays from the one, Sark didn’t go for it on 4th and 4 against a broken defense, and PK called the defense horribly in two minute drills.

If OU had Texas’s signs nailed Texas wouldn’t have put up over 500 yards of offense.
  • Hook 'Em 5

20 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Texas lost to OU because Quinn Ewers made a dumb throw on the second play of the game, Kitan Crawford ran into a punter, Texas couldn’t push OU a yard in four plays from the one, Sark didn’t go for it on 4th and 4 against a broken defense, and PK called the defense horribly in two minute drills.

If OU had Texas’s signs nailed Texas wouldn’t have put up over 500 yards of offense.

Ohio state put up 492 yards on Michigan and I guarantee you they had their signals. Illinois had more first downs than Michigan and almost beat them 19-17, Michigan had their signals too. Carry on though sir, you are consistent so I respect that. 

I more worried about Sark doing meathead things Herman would do like twice late with a 15 point lead insisting on trying to punch it in and failing instead of taking 3 points, making it a 3 score game yada yada yada.  Yea it didn't burn us there because BYU is pretty shit but just play smart football, not meathead football. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 3

extra meathead today, the time available dictated making it a 3 possession game, and he didn't, twice, before it was irrelevant. Dum Dum lollipop for him

I do like how he eased Maalik in, INT and all. We can all say BYU sucks but they did in fact beat 5 teams before us. And actually, only Baylor and Tech, have questions about being bowl eligible.

Because I have PTSD from the previous 13 years, part of me is looking at this like it's house money. We're bowl eligible and every win from here on out just means a better bowl. I mean, we know for sure that our team is going to get those desperately needed extra bowl practices. Hallelujah!

The other part of me will be really pissed if we don't win the conference and play for the national title.

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Surly Bevo said:

I more worried about Sark doing meathead things Herman would do like twice late with a 15 point lead insisting on trying to punch it in and failing instead of taking 3 points, making it a 3 score game yada yada yada.  Yea it didn't burn us there because BYU is pretty shit but just play smart football, not meathead football. 

Yep. Not kicking those FGs was idiotic. I am all for being aggressive but that was incredibly stupid 

• Like 1

Should Sark hire someone to call plays and still consult a bunch with the offense and maybe coach QBs?  He's been a really fantastic program builder even though his value was initially thought to be as a playcaller. I wonder whether he's stretching himself too thin at times and not being as effective as he could be on game day with the offense.

• Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, Keef said:

Should Sark hire someone to call plays and still consult a bunch with the offense and maybe coach QBs?  He's been a really fantastic program builder even though his value was initially thought to be as a playcaller. I wonder whether he's stretching himself too thin at times and not being as effective as he could be on game day with the offense.

People said the same thing about Charlie Strong.

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1
  • Rage+1 2