So...about Charlie Strong at USF...

horn_of_the_morning

16 hours ago, ButtFumble said:

well Charles should have everything in place to have an OK season

UW is probably a loss L

GT has a new coach that (I don't think) is running the triple option, but he is from Temple so Charles should be familiar with what he runs and it will take time to transition from the triple option W

SC State should be a win W

SMU they have at home (putting it as an L anyway because I think Dykes can coach) L

UConn is UConn W

I am going to put BYU as a loss (on this fucking forum do we really need to discuss why) L

Navy W

ECU W

Temple has a new coach W

Cincy L

Memphis I am putting as a W because sometimes Charles has his day W

UCF W.....I think because the magic will be over for them with a bad season start because of QB issues and football is "mental" (as we all know because of Charles) W

so I have them 8-4 with a surprise loss to SMU and surprise wins over Memphis and UCF

I will put them in for a bowl win because he will not be feeling the heat and they will get a really shitty opponent so 9-4 total and ranked #36 to end the year 

You're treating this as a standard schedule but you're forgetting to add in the Charlie variable.

First take a sure win and make it an inexplicable loss. Then swap a win with a loss in random games. Next take one sure late season loss once all hope has been abandoned and make it a win.

Finally if a game must be won to achieve some postseason goal, it will be a loss.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, ButtFumble said:

well Charles should have everything in place to have an OK season

UW is probably a loss L

GT has a new coach that (I don't think) is running the triple option, but he is from Temple so Charles should be familiar with what he runs and it will take time to transition from the triple option W

SC State should be a win W

SMU they have at home (putting it as an L anyway because I think Dykes can coach) L

UConn is UConn W

I am going to put BYU as a loss (on this fucking forum do we really need to discuss why) L

Navy W

ECU W

Temple has a new coach W

Cincy L

Memphis I am putting as a W because sometimes Charles has his day W

UCF W.....I think because the magic will be over for them with a bad season start because of QB issues and football is "mental" (as we all know because of Charles) W

so I have them 8-4 with a surprise loss to SMU and surprise wins over Memphis and UCF

I will put them in for a bowl win because he will not be feeling the heat and they will get a really shitty opponent so 9-4 total and ranked #36 to end the year 

I hope there's a lot of folks out there that think like this.  I, for one, will be betting heavily against USF, at least at the start of the season before everyone finally catches on and knows what all of us here know, that Charlie is an idiot.  Everything we made excuses for actually proves his idiocy.  E.g., "doesn't know Swoopes first name?  Naw man he's just screwing with the lawyers."

I can just see him against Navy "whaaa?  they allowed to fake it like that?"

• 1 month later...
On 12/3/2018 at 3:41 PM, Thatguy said:

Everyone is talking big shit when we could very well take a step back next year. Then how dumb would we look talking shit about Charlie if we go 7-6, 9-5, 7-6, and Charlie goes 10-2, 8-5, and 10-2 over the three years since he left? Sometimes you have to have a little foresight.

#foresight 

Edited by CurlyDumps
  • Like 5
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

Charlie still isn’t earning what we’re paying him.

Or, is that albatross finally gone?

Last year was the final year of his 5 year contract with Texas.  USF is on the hook for $2.5 million/year for the next 3 years.  Not sure what the buyout is.

21 minutes ago, cabowabo said:

Charlie had no cake to frost. The cake was not baked when he got there. 

The cake is baked, dammit!

It's just a really, really shitty cake cuz Charlie doesn't know how to cook. Anyone can just throw some ingredients in a bowl, mix them up and put them in the oven. But if you think anchovies, dirt and your latest dump are acceptable ingredients...

Well, then you're Charlie.  

• Like 1

I'm very much enjoying the Bulls fans decent into madness.  Threads like "Fire Everyone" and "Strong has got to go!!!!!!"  (5x !  nice.) 

The best part is they know it's going to get worse, and finally the few CS defenders are finally giving it up. 

He will be fired, and the AD will lose his job.  It's just the matter of when.

schadenfreude

Edited by 0xdeadbeef

Hueyhog20    95

Posted 8 hours ago

Sloppy play 

we look unprepared (again) 

stupid penalties 

BORING style 

we will not change until Strong is GONE!!

Which one of you went back in time 10 years, joined USF fan club, so you can BE RACIST against Charlie strong ?!?!?

7 hours ago, 0xdeadbeef said:

I'm very much enjoying the Bulls fans decent into madness.  Threads like "Fire Everyone" and "Strong has got to go!!!!!!"  (5x !  nice.) 

The best part is they know it's going to get worse, and finally the few CS defenders are finally giving it up. 

He will be fired, and the AD will lose his job.  It's just the matter of when.

schadenfreude

Wait, the Chuckles apologists are giving up on sweet, sweet Charley already? Where the fuck is @MaybeACoordinator when you need him?