Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

2 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

At least you don't live in Baltimore, and don't have to risk your life crossing the street while under heavy gunfire to get a little bread or toilet paper, all the while wondering if your home will be destroyed by artillery fire while you are out and about.

You can buy that TP at Costco to cut down on trips across the street. Also a great value !

4 minutes ago, Red Five said:

If Michael Scott had done that it wouldn’t have been believable.

Huh... maybe that's how to get through this period in America. Just have a mental soundtrack of the office running on a loop. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hank Kingsley said:

A real statesman. 

You see, it's funny because they would only drop a few feet.

Unlike on 9/11 where hundreds of their colleagues plunged hundreds of feet under the collapse of two mega-skyscrapers and a cloud of toxic debris. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Upgrayedd said:

You see, it's funny because they would only drop a few feet.

Unlike on 9/11 where hundreds of their colleagues plunged hundreds of feet under the collapse of two mega-skyscrapers and a cloud of toxic debris. 

Still too soon?  How about this gem from Trump on the afternoon of 9-11-2001.

"40 Wall Street actually was the second-tallest building in downtown Manhattan,” Trump replied, “and it was actually, before the World Trade Center, was the tallest — and then, when they built the World Trade Center, it became known as the second tallest. And now it’s the tallest."

4 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

Still too soon?  How about this gem from Trump on the afternoon of 9-11-2001.

"40 Wall Street actually was the second-tallest building in downtown Manhattan,” Trump replied, “and it was actually, before the World Trade Center, was the tallest — and then, when they built the World Trade Center, it became known as the second tallest. And now it’s the tallest."

It'll always be too soon.

1 hour ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Antifa is the real danger, don't you know?

I like how trump and the trumpkins are constantly complaining about people who call themselves “anti-fascist.”

Maybe if trump and the trumpkins stopped acting like actual fascists the “anti” fascist’s might leave them alone? 

In my opinion, Trump’s current hate rallies make hitler’s rallies in the 30s look tame in comparison. Stop throwing hate rallies where people engage in chants of locking people up and sending them to other countries and the anti fascists might find other things to do? 

• Like 1

I always thought that was a bizarre claim, so I looked it up.  40 Wall Street was the 5th tallest building in Manhattan prior to the WTC collapse.

1) WTC

2) Empire State Building

3) Chrysler Building

4) 70 Pine Street

5) 40 Wall Street

How in the hell is 70 Pine Street not "downtown Manhattan"?  It's about a 3 minute walk from the Trump Building.  Lies upon lies.

It's like what we see in the tweet calling Cummings a racist. Part of the thrill is to just say/do anything and get away with it. The other part is that the WH/Rs can be as cruel as they want, all the while drumming up support for the '20 election.

21 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

It'll always be too soon.

Maybe.  Its all still personal for everyone involved though.  At some point, it will just be an event in the history books like battles in the Revolutionary and Civil Wars, or even Pearl Harbor, are now.  Currently living people may have had relatives die in those battles, but they didn't know those relatives beforehand.  As it is, kids born in the last decade have little to no personal connection to 9-11.

That being said, I don't recall ever hearing a Pearl Harbor joke.  The Challenger accident is the first thing I think of when I think of people joking about tragedies.  But that event differs in that it wasn't truly personal for that many people.

Also, the POTUS should never be joking at any event that is about national tragedy or memorial.

Edited by FondrenRoad

22 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I always thought that was a bizarre claim, so I looked it up.  40 Wall Street was the 5th tallest building in Manhattan prior to the WTC collapse.

1) WTC

2) Empire State Building

3) Chrysler Building

4) 70 Pine Street

5) 40 Wall Street

How in the hell is 70 Pine Street not "downtown Manhattan"?  It's about a 3 minute walk from the Trump Building.  Lies upon lies.

I guess you could call Wall Street the original downtown border since it was the site of the city wall.  40 Wall is on the north side of Wall Street though.  The modern border for downtown is probably 14th Street.

11 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Trump’s current hate rallies make hitler’s rallies in the 30s look tame in comparison.

I’ve noticed this too.

Hitler rally speeches before he got into power were pretty contentious.  He was openly advocating the destruction of all other political parties but (unlike Trump) he often avoided naming names. 

Once Hitler acquired power, his rally speeches were unifying on an emotional level.  He often minimized himself as some average German propelled by destiny and the will of the German people to accomplish great things.  In short, Hitler’s messaging was more seductive than divisive.  It arguably made him more dangerous. 

Trump’s current rally speeches are nothing but division and hate targeted at people within the United States.  Trump’s rhetoric seems to come from a man still struggling to obtain power instead of a leader with power.  It’s almost as if he’s weapon of a foreign government. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I’ve noticed this too.

Hitler rally speeches before he got into power were pretty contentious.  He was openly advocating the destruction of all other political parties but (unlike Trump) he often avoided naming names. 

Once Hitler acquired power, his rally speeches were unifying on an emotional level.  He often minimized himself as some average German propelled by destiny and the will of the German people to accomplish great things.  In short, Hitler’s messaging was more seductive than divisive.  It arguably made him more dangerous. 

Trump’s current rally speeches are nothing but division and hate targeted at people within the United States.  Trump’s rhetoric seems to come from a man still struggling to obtain power instead of a leader with power.  It’s almost as if he’s weapon of a foreign government. 

That's because Trump doesn't give a shit about anyone but Trump.  Hitler was the biggest piece of shit of all time, but in his piece of shit mind he thought he was doing something for Germany not himself.  Trump doesn't give a shit about America or Americans.  He just wants adoring fans.  Hitler was certainly more dangerous.  Trump is a fucking idiot, but it is really the fact that he only cares about himself that saves us.  He could be dangerous if he actually cared about an ideology.

Racists love him so he loves them back.  Its as simple as that.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

That's because Trump doesn't give a shit about anyone but Trump.  Hitler was the biggest piece of shit of all time, but in his piece of shit mind he thought he was doing something for Germany not himself.  Trump doesn't give a shit about America or Americans.  He just wants adoring fans.  Hitler was certainly more dangerous.  Trump is a fucking idiot, but it is really the fact that he only cares about himself that saves us.  He could be dangerous if he actually cared about an ideology.

Yep.  Reptile brain.

42 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

Maybe.  Its all still personal for everyone involved though.  At some point, it will just be an event in the history books like battles in the Revolutionary and Civil Wars, or even Pearl Harbor, are now.  Currently living people may have had relatives die in those battles, but they didn't know those relatives beforehand.  As it is, kids born in the last decade have little to no personal connection to 9-11.

That being said, I don't recall ever hearing a Pearl Harbor joke.  The Challenger accident is the first thing I think of when I think of people joking about tragedies.  But that event differs in that it wasn't truly personal for that many people.

Also, the POTUS should never be joking at any event that is about national tragedy or memorial.

Yes, I do understand the concept of time.  

At the end, you got it though, so good for you.

1 hour ago, FondrenRoad said:

Sorry, but this implies that Trump is not actually racist himself.  That's incorrect - even if that racism is rooted in what he perceives as self-interested gains (rejecting apartment applications from minorities, for example).  

• Like 1

i'm going to pivot slightly away from the debate on whether trump was or wasn't an actual first responder - it's a close call.

so last night i was watching some parks and rec reruns, and got to the season where leslie is running for city council against bobby newport (paul rudd).  and during the debate, as his "ace-in-the-hole strategy", newport threatened that if he lost the election, that his father said they would be moving their candy company to mexico, and a bunch of people would lose their jobs, and the economy in pawnee would be destroyed.

so seeing as how this topic has come up more and more lately (this was just from a quick google search) - it seems that trump is definitely taking a page out of the newport playbook.

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-warns-market-crash-if-not-re-elected-2020-trade-war-wages-on-2019-6

so then i started thinking, who's the better candidate, newport or trump - there are a lot of similarities. 

i guess i was late to the party on this conversation...

https://www.buzzfeed.com/caseyrackham/who-said-it-donald-trump-or-bobby-newport

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2016/09/clinton-trump-debate-parks-and-recreation-mike-schur-interview

https://www.pajiba.com/miscellaneous/trumps-bobby-newport-parallels-arent-exactly-an-accident.php

https://www.reddit.com/r/PandR/comments/7hwhxu/donald_trump_is_literally_johnny_newports_campaign/

and there are tons more.

it's almost as if parks and rec was spoofing trump's campaign.  except that debate episode aired in april of 2012.  maybe trump is copying newport?

at least newport lost.

ok, carry on...