The Supremes

tx 3 putt

Not SCOTUS, but the "Judaism isn't a real religion" stuff is beginning:

I don’t know if Tennessee elects judges at all levels, but Davidson County is Nashville. That isn’t buttfuck nowhere Trumplandia. It’s the equivalent of such a ruling in Travis County.

1 hour ago, gmr548 said:

I don’t know if Tennessee elects judges at all levels, but Davidson County is Nashville. That isn’t buttfuck nowhere Trumplandia. It’s the equivalent of such a ruling in Travis County.

there no reason to even hide it anymore 

11 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Kavanaugh can Door Dash his meal if he doesn't like the attention. Since 1976 there have been something like 11 murders, 26 attempted murders, almost 1000 threats of harm or death, over 600 stalkings, and four attempted kidnappings by anti-abortion activists against clinicians, staff, and patients. They have also bombed clinics over 40 times and set almost 200 on fire.

Shut up Mortons. Your food may be low tier, but your workers get to go home every night.

With the anti-abortion ruling and forced religion, does the masterplan involve carving the US into a new Ireland, only with more guns?    

22 hours ago, F250 said:

Dragging Tillman Fertita into the fight.

Jack Nicholson Reaction GIF

The statement that Morton’s put out is why he’s eating there. I wonder what c-suite right-wing prick chopped up the original statement which just said “Morton’s values all of our customers and strives to ensure they leave satisfied by our outstanding food and service.  We do not allow non-customers to interrupt their dining experience.” 

• Hook 'Em 1

Opinion: I was a Katy High football co-captain and we were pressured into prayer

I was a high school football player in Katy, Texas, and what I experienced with prayer during football games and activities was far from the Supreme Court’s out-of-touch decision. That few players complained speaks to the pressure they face, and the need to protect them from having religious beliefs imposed on them.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/opinion/outlook/article/Opinion-I-was-a-Katy-High-football-co-captain-17290739.php

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3
  • Rage+1 1

7 minutes ago, trauma babe said:

Went to high school in Abilene. Prayer was all over the place. Technically, since it was student lead, it wasn't unconstitutional, but you were gonna get shit if you didn't stand up with everyone else at lunch

Hard to believe it has been nearly 50 years since this was written.

https://www.texasmonthly.com/articles/gods-country-november-1975/

A.C. Greene on Abilene

• Hook 'Em 2

19 minutes ago, trauma babe said:

Went to high school in Abilene. Prayer was all over the place. Technically, since it was student lead, it wasn't unconstitutional, but you were gonna get shit if you didn't stand up with everyone else at lunch

At lunch time? Out of curiosity, what years was this?

1 hour ago, trauma babe said:

Interesting...My kids all went to school in Brock (a little west of Weatherford).  Parker County is quite the Baptist enclave.  There was a lot of prayer there but my kids never had any pressure to join in or not. 

We took them to church at Greenwood Baptist on Sundays, but my wife and I didn't attend.  Just dropped the kids off to at least get some exposure and see if that's what they wanted.  If kids didn't want to go we didn't pressure them.  I grew up Lutheran but I'm a deist now, BTW...

Oh...and I was always pissed when those fuckers would keep church going past 1200 when the Cowboys had a noon game.  They obviously didn't have their priorities straight.

1 hour ago, UDontKnow said:

At lunch time? Out of curiosity, what years was this?

Misspoke about the lunchtime prayers. That was actually in junior high. The Bible was also an accepted source for research in my eighth grade science class. A social studies teacher had multiple talks with my class about the evils of abortion.

As far as high school goes, we had pre-band performance prayers led by students with the same kind of social pressure present. Social studies and math teachers who would sprinkle bible verses into instruction under the guise of motivating students. And tons of other little nudges and subtle cues that if you don't believe, you don't really belong

This was in the late 90s and early 2000s

Edited by trauma babe

In the grad course that I teach where we talk about the Bremerton Coach and decision, we also (later) explore this story from Frisco TX in 2017:

Texas Attorney General's Office Raises Concerns over Frisco School Prayer Room

TLDR- Room set aside for student meditation and prayer to provide a space for Muslim students (who otherwise would leave campus for Salah). It's highlighted in a story written by a student for the school newspaper, and "online concern" leads to contacting the AG's office. AG Paxton begins investigation without even talking to anyone in the school or district (similar space is provided at another High School in the district, but I guess there weren't enough Karens to complain about that one).

Takeaway line from the Superintendent- "(The letter) appears to be a publicity stunt by the OAG to politicize a non-issue."

Edited by NWBuck
  • Hook 'Em 1

22 hours ago, elfenix said:

Opinion: I was a Katy High football co-captain and we were pressured into prayer

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/opinion/outlook/article/Opinion-I-was-a-Katy-High-football-co-captain-17290739.php

just came here to post this. This guy hits on the topic that some conservatives ignore: the players are rounded up and required to participate. Sure if the 5-star RB said no, he would still start but most players feels they have zero choice but to participate and be indoctrinated.

EDIT: I also bet that this guy is taking shit for expressing this opinion. An American christian takes criticism as bad as pretty much anyone could.  To a point that I bet the article author is being told that his feeling of being pressured didn't exist. 

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, royiv said:

I wish he had a more visible role in the administration other than Secretary of Transportation.

Probably not the thread for my comment but Dems need Biden to announce he’s not running and then let buttigieg and/or Harris take a step forward. Now the Administration doesn’t want that because they don’t want the opinion that others should run against Biden.

11 minutes ago, royiv said:

I wish he had a more visible role in the administration other than Secretary of Transportation.

Yeah, he can lay it down with the best of them.

I voted for him in the primary, no big deal.

1 hour ago, royiv said:

He should be the face of the Democratic Party in short order. And the party needs to find more people like him of all backgrounds.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Probably not the thread for my comment but Dems need Biden to announce he’s not running and then let buttigieg and/or Harris take a step forward. Now the Administration doesn’t want that because they don’t want the opinion that others should run against Biden.

You can't make him a lame duck.  That's the worst political strategy.  Not that it really matters with this congress anyway.

• Like 1

Pete is over-educated and I can spot from miles away that he was basically bred for politics. Harvard guy joins the military? That's some resume-padding bullshit. He's good on TV but I need bold progressive policies not more neoliberalism.

why does it seem like kavanaugh is the only one getting press for being inconvenienced?  are people not yelling at alito and thomas?  those two pieces of complete fucking trash are the ones who should be getting some public displays of dissatisfaction.

Edited by sidis

3 minutes ago, sidis said:

why does it seem like kavanaugh is the only one getting press for being inconvenienced?  are people not yelling at alito and thomas?  those two pieces of complete fucking trash are the ones who should be getting some public displays of dissatisfaction.

I think they are getting shit and will continue to get shit. Check this out (NSIAP)

https://www.axios.com/2022/07/09/shutdowndc-supreme-court-abortion-roe-protest

8 minutes ago, sidis said:

I think it's because he's the most bitch made and makes a story about it to the press, who jump at the opportunity to break a story about a supreme court justice

• Hook 'Em 1

I seriously can’t take anyone serious who is advocating for Biden to give up THE greatest advantage he has - incumbency.

It’s not happening.

Remember this when DeSantis wins over an unpopular bowl of wet bran flakes that would be EIGHTY GODDAMN SIX at the end of the next term.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

3 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

I seriously can’t take anyone serious who is advocating for Biden to give up THE greatest advantage he has - incumbency.

It’s not happening.

Then he should change his VP and just step down a year in. Joe Biden sucks worse than he did when he ran in 2020 and that's saying something, because he was barely palatable then. His approval ratings are absolute trash. He's a disaster. 

• Hook 'Em 2

lol

Yes let’s give the press an actual “DEMS IN DISARRAY” story and have a chaotic and brutal two year primary while Trump waltzes to the nomination.

And I thought women were supposed to be too irrational and emotional and hysterical about politics.

This is like arguing with Chuck Todd.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1