2020 Presidential Election -- Biden v Trump: Sleepy Joe vs Dopey Don [Results begin on page 409]

Patrick Bateman

2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Odds are that Biden is sworn in on January 20th, and is president for four years.

What you arent seeing is...that doesn’t matter.

Remember Force 10 From Navarone? We’re at the part where the charges planted inside the dam have gone off....but it seems like the attack failed. The dam still stands, looking sturdy as ever. But the Brit demolition officer sits calmly, puffing his pipe and telling us to wait. It starts after a while, with cracks appearing. A few. Then more. After a while, many more, then water breaks through, then it fails.

The destruction of norms like transitions, are having what people believe are free and fair elections, are dead. They aren’t coming back.

Crack.

Crack crack.

No argument here. At least for the moment, when the trial balloons are sent up, more Americans are pushing back. That is important. Very important.

But, the vertical columns are being eroded.

It's the 21st of November.

36 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Perhaps I am mistaken, but it's my understanding that in Georgia, they match signatures when you apply for a mail-in ballot (which are, again I am assuming, the issue to which they are objecting). If the signatures do not match, they don't send a ballot. So am I mistaken or are they just doing the usual crap flinging? Also, if they want a recount or audit, they can raise the funds themselves. I'm not paying for chicanery more than I already have, and Georgia residents shouldn't have to either.

No, you’re right. They are asking for things that they know are impossible, then acting incredulous when they don’t happen to sow doubt among their disciples.  Signature match when there are no longer signatures to match, proof that dominion is accurate, etc. 

4 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Odds are that Biden is sworn in on January 20th, and is president for four years.

What you arent seeing is...that doesn’t matter.

Remember Force 10 From Navarone? We’re at the part where the charges planted inside the dam have gone off....but it seems like the attack failed. The dam still stands, looking sturdy as ever. But the Brit demolition officer sits calmly, puffing his pipe and telling us to wait. It starts after a while, with cracks appearing. A few. Then more. After a while, many more, then water breaks through, then it fails.

The destruction of norms like transitions, or having what people believe are free and fair elections, are dead. They aren’t coming back.

Crack.

Crack crack.

Trust me brisket. I’m not some wide eye babe walk-in in the woods blind to the danger that  surrounds us. It is definitely there. 

What I’m talking about is stamping out the republicans and it’s doe eyed enablers that allow a pre Nazi party to even exist in the first place. Eternal vigilance.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Perhaps I am mistaken, but it's my understanding that in Georgia, they match signatures when you apply for a mail-in ballot (which are, again I am assuming, the issue to which they are objecting). If the signatures do not match, they don't send a ballot. So am I mistaken or are they just doing the usual crap flinging? Also, if they want a recount or audit, they can raise the funds themselves. I'm not paying for chicanery more than I already have, and Georgia residents shouldn't have to either.

The system has been updated during COVID. Now you apply for a ballot by inputting name, date of birth, and DL number into their website. There’s no signature on the application for a mail-in ballot.

You do sign the envelope which I assume is matched. I also assume that the ballots and envelope are separated.

Trust me brisket. I’m not some wide eye babe walk-in in the woods blind to the danger that  surrounds us. It is definitely there. 

What I’m talking about is stamping out the republicans and it’s doe eyed enablers that allow a pre Nazi party to even exist in the first place. Eternal vigilance.

And to start, we (and particular the Democratic Party) need to stop treating them like a politics party, and start treating them like what they are: a terrorist insurgency.

For example, Michigan governor Whitmer is a dead woman walking. She will not be alive a year from now - the plot they uncovered is far from the only one. And more plots are being fomented and hatched daily. Democratic politicians are going to die. Several of them. Maybe when we bury a governor, enough of us will realize what the GOP is doing. Maybe when we see the rubble of the next OKC, we’ll realize.

Or even worse....they’ll just keep chipping away and get it done.
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mole said:

The system has been updated during COVID. Now you apply for a ballot by inputting name, date of birth, and DL number into their website. There’s no signature on the application for a mail-in ballot.

You do sign the envelope which I assume is matched. I also assume that the ballots and envelope are separated.

Thanks for the info. Kemp is no angel, but I did believe that they were running things properly simply because Stacey Abrams would hand him his ass in a snuff box if they didn't. She was doing the Lord's work in Georgia to keep them on the straight and narrow.

1 minute ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Thanks for the info. Kemp is no angel, but I did believe that they were running things properly simply because Stacey Abrams would hand him his ass in a snuff box if they didn't. She was doing the Lord's work in Georgia to keep them on the straight and narrow.

Brian Kemp is a goddamn moron.

MV5BYWEyYTE5ZGQtNjIxNi00MTQwLTgzNzEtNzUw

2 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

No argument here. At least for the moment, when the trial balloons are sent up, more Americans are pushing back. That is important. Very important.

But, the vertical columns are being eroded.

It's the 21st of November.

Trump still received millions of more votes than in 2016.  I, as I assume many posters here, thought he would lose votes after the craziness of the past four years.  He received more.  

@Brisketexan is right that Biden will likely be sworn in on January 20, but it really doesn't matter.

We've learned from both the Senate impeachment trial and this attempt to overturn an election that Republicans in power will unwaveringly and without shame side with corruption to hold absolute power at the executive level rather than attempt to check it.  

We've learned that when the conservatives' favorite media outlet attempts to fairly report the outcome of an election, millions will change the channel to a more fringe outlet that will tell them what they want to hear -- that this attempted coup is legitimate and their election was stolen from them.

That genie isn't going back in the bottle just because Trump leaves.  We have a side of the media and millions of people that refuse to acknowledge reality if it doesn't match what they want to hear, and they have already proven -- at least some of them -- that they are capable of violence and domestic terrorism if they don't like what they see.

We. Are. Fucked.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

And to start, we (and particular the Democratic Party) need to stop treating them like a politics party, and start treating them like what they are: a terrorist insurgency.

For example, Michigan governor Whitmer is a dead woman walking. She will not be alive a year from now - the plot they uncovered is far from the only one. And more plots are being fomented and hatched daily. Democratic politicians are going to die. Several of them. Maybe when we bury a governor, enough of us will realize what the GOP is doing. Maybe when we see the rubble of the next OKC, we’ll realize.

Where we disagree is I do not believe they will succeed.

I agree with you on their intent. Where I think you are wrong is their ability to carry it out. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I agree with you on their intent. Where I think you are wrong is their ability to carry it out. 

I hope you’re right, and I’m dead wrong.

Will gladly buy you a whiskey or five in 10 years of you turn out to be right - we’ll know by then.
  • Hook 'Em 1

23 minutes ago, Tom said:

We've learned that when the conservatives' favorite media outlet attempts to fairly report the outcome of an election, millions will change the channel to a more fringe outlet that will tell them what they want to hear -- that this attempted coup is legitimate and their election was stolen from them.

a couple days ago i flipped over to fox news as i'll do on occasion, and they had some guest on who was pushing the fraud story hard.  the ~sensible host asked when trump and his supporters would finally accept the results and move on.  the guest said that democrats never accepted the results of 2016, which is why they kept on with russia russia and the phony impeachment hoax and blah blah.

they think this is the fucking same.  we are so fucked as a people.

• Hook 'Em 1

It only takes one of these maniacs to inflict another Oklahoma City or El Paso or Las Vegas or Pulse Nightclub.

Law enforcement - those that aren’t actually sympathetic to their cause, which is another huge problem - has to be perfect in stopping the violence.

The bad guys only have to get “lucky” a couple of times.
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, The Dog said:

In short, she can replace any board member who refuses to certify with someone who will. 

As aside - the losses in AZ and GA threw a monkey wrench into Trump's contingency plans once he lost the election. Their plan was to make it all about Pennsylvania and try to get the legislature there to name Trump electors instead - thereby giving him a 279-259 win.

That's why they flipped their shit when Fox called AZ for Biden on election night - they had planned to do this bullshit all along but wanted it to only be about one state. That's the only way it would have had any chance of success (and a very small one even then). The GA results made this little gambit of theirs impossible. 

I'm reading this as Fred from Scooby Doo exposing the scheme of Old Man Dotard, who's plan would've worked if not for those meddling voters.  

Edited by Mdhorn
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, Ted Lange said:

Any updates, bitch? 

You mean the folks that are all against Muslims yet want to destroy Democracy in the name of Republicanism, that Neo-wacko faux religious cult?  They're currently fighting to free us from election results and democratic laws.  When they say they're the party of law and order, they mean their law and order, just like in every other normal totalitarian government.  

Edited by Mdhorn

6 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

a couple days ago i flipped over to fox news as i'll do on occasion, and they had some guest on who was pushing the fraud story hard.  the ~sensible host asked when trump and his supporters would finally accept the results and move on.  the guest said that democrats never accepted the results of 2016, which is why they kept on with russia russia and the phony impeachment hoax and blah blah.

they think this is the fucking same.  we are so fucked as a people.

There are 350M Americans. There are going to be several million loonsand morons in a sample that big. If you obsess over the possibility there are enough of them to bring down all of us I feel sorry for you

6 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

For example, Michigan governor Whitmer is a dead woman walking. She will not be alive a year from now

You’re losing it again. 

• Hook 'Em 3

9 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

I'm guessing the secret service is already very busy, and it will get worse after January 20th, with plots against Biden and Harris. I don't know what the press will report, but I anticipate several attempts against them both, over the next 4 years. 

12 minutes ago, Bookman said:

How would a civil war work? No state is going to declare war against the United States. The militias might murder some people but they're not going to fight against the United States military. Their army would be a bunch of older fat people.

It wouldn’t work. The red states v blue states is a larping fantasy. The best they could hope for would be a Syria nightmare shitshow, but the majority of these fake soldiers aren’t willing to die for their Orange God, they just like playing dress up. But most likely, it would be crushed at the local crackle barrel. It would just be another form of domestic terrorism in our society, like school shootings, one or two of the true believers might shoot up or bomb something now and again, but that’s about it. 

5 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

It would just be another form of domestic terrorism in our society, like school shootings, one or two of the true believers might shoot up or bomb something now and again, but that’s about it. 

You’ve basically described all modern civil wars. The only real difference between what we’re at now and a civil war is the frequency of the violence.

Edited by wildcat09

25 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

You’ve basically described all modern civil wars. The only real difference between what we’re at now and a civil war is the frequency of the violence.

True, but there is a large difference between a white nationalist shooting up a White Castle twice a year and and daily small arms skirmishes in South Carolina with the US shelling strongholds. 

51 minutes ago, Bookman said:

How would a civil war work? No state is going to declare war against the United States. The militias might murder some people but they're not going to fight against the United States military. Their army would be a bunch of older fat people.

Correct. It won’t be an outright civil war, it will be shitheads shooting up a Whole Foods, a bunch of Bundy’s taking over a city hall, something like that. The only way federal troops get involved is if local law enforcement refuses to do their job or joins in with the idiots. Now that I type that out it really isn’t that far fetched I guess.  Some elected sheriff and his shitheels will fuck around and find out, the question is will it be Florida or Ohio. 

• Like 2

On 11/20/2020 at 11:30 AM, Hmbre97 said:

I think in the end, the one thing I will never be able to wrap my head around is the idol worship with Trump. He espouses almost no values of the typical conservative but a large part of their base treats him like the second coming of Jesus. I was just a baby when Reagan was in office; did conservatives treat him the same way?

No.  Whatever you want to say about Reagan, he was a great speaker and pretty inspirational, he projected humanity and decency, even if it was all bullshit.  

People liked him a lot because of that, but it wasn't this kind of insane worship.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bookman said:

This.

One the bigger arguments I get into with some of my "friends who think they are rebels" is that simply owning a firearm in no way, shape, or form makes you a soldier.  They insist gun ownership( which I strongly advocate) is the reason Japan didn't invade the US during WWII and it's why the leftists in our country haven't imprisoned us all.  All i know is that 21-22 year old me would kick my 50 year old ass without even breaking a sweat.  These dumbasses aren't going to realistically fight anyone.  The people who are smart enough to do it, don't engage such idiocy.

The flipside of this argument is that there are a very substantial number of 2A proponents who see these morons for who they are.   It's one thing to rattle sabers, run your mouths,  and shit.   Should the shooting ever truly start and terroristic acts occur, within the vein of thought being discussed in this thread, not only will the idiots face the full force of the US military, but they will face a metric crapton of their fellow gun owners who still believe in our country.

I think you have two captain states and line up the the other states and pick teams.  I could be wrong though.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

And it finally ends when the last two survivors come face to face in the ruins and one kills the other.  Then there will be peace among mAn.  I seem to remember some story from my childhood that this all started with a fight between brothers.  Cain and Abel, or something like that?

Edited by AnTiM

Listen to the podcast “It Could Happen Here.” 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, slorch said:

This.

One the bigger arguments I get into with some of my "friends who think they are rebels" is that simply owning a firearm in no way, shape, or form makes you a soldier.  They insist gun ownership( which I strongly advocate) is the reason Japan didn't invade the US during WWII and it's why the leftists in our country haven't imprisoned us all.  All i know is that 21-22 year old me would kick my 50 year old ass without even breaking a sweat.  These dumbasses aren't going to realistically fight anyone.  The people who are smart enough to do it, don't engage such idiocy.

The flipside of this argument is that there are a very substantial number of 2A proponents who see these morons for who they are.   It's one thing to rattle sabers, run your mouths,  and shit.   Should the shooting ever truly start and terroristic acts occur, within the vein of thought being discussed in this thread, not only will the idiots face the full force of the US military, but they will face a metric crapton of their fellow gun owners who still believe in our country.

100%

The one thing I've told people,  which I may have mentioned here, is there is this hilarious fallacy that the Trump side of this war is all the gun owners and they would run wild, and its such am asinine proposition on the face of it. We have guys like Stanley McChrystal and William McLaren lining up, the dumb side has Mike Flynn and Dan Bogino-whatever, and its pretty much the same down to the individual citizens. Capable people versus delusional losers. I know which side I'd want to be on.

• Hook 'Em 1

28 minutes ago, slorch said:

This.

Well with Michigans fuckery on display, I have to disagree with you. Terrorists plotted and began training to kidnap and assassinate a sitting governor. And YOUR president and fellow republicans have continued to stoke that firey rhetoric. Fuck outta here about 2A nutjobs policing their own. I own a bunch of guns and enjoy shooting and believe in a right to self defense, but fuck sake gun culture is toxic in this country. 

There's a sufficient critical mass of nutjobs being egged on by trump and encouraged by sitting republican elected officials. There will be more violence, and it shouldn't surprise you. And you and yours shouldn't detract from the heinous nature of their crimes and plots

• Like 1

Wait, there are people that think Japan didn't invade the Mainland United States because of gun ownership levels in the 1930-1940's?  

That's really a thing?  I've heard every theory about WWII that ever was, but I honestly don't think I've ever heard that one.  I would be fascinated to hear the rest of their theory fleshed out.  If it was just gun-toting Americans waiting at the shore, how else was their initial invasion plan going to work?  I mean we've seen the declassified plans for the air attack on Los Angeles, my wife's grandfather fought them in the uninhabited Aleutian Islands, and real Americans did die from those fire balloons and in another air attack on Honolulu several months after Pearl Harbor.  Unless it's still classified, I have never seen any evidence of a planned Japanese mainland invasion of the United States by any seaborne means (again, save for bombers which I don't think would be terribly worried about small arms owners in Fresno).  

I am fascinated.  I gotta learn more about these crazies.  Do they think Japan was gonna park the multiple field armies needed for such an invasion in Western Canada or Tijuana until they were sufficiently supplied and given the go-ahead?  But then they heard about gun ownership in Seattle and San Diego and said, "Ah, fuck it...let's go back home!" ???

Edited by Lobo

9 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Well with Michigans fuckery on display, I have to disagree with you. Terrorists plotted and began training to kidnap and assassinate a sitting governor. And YOUR president and fellow republicans have continued to stoke that firey rhetoric. Fuck outta here about 2A nutjobs policing their own. I own a bunch of guns and enjoy shooting and believe in a right to self defense, but fuck sake gun culture is toxic in this country. 

There's a sufficient critical mass of nutjobs being egged on by trump and encouraged by sitting republican elected officials. There will be more violence, and it shouldn't surprise you. And you and yours shouldn't detract from the heinous nature of their crimes and plots

Keep running the play...LOlz.  Always.  never deviate.  You own and even enjoy firearms, but gun culture is toxic?    

and whose president?

and which rebellious rhetoric am I stoking?

Gotdam dude.  Just a hot fucking mess of lunacy you are...

Edited by slorch

11 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Wait, there are people that think Japan didn't invade the Mainland United States because of gun ownership levels in the 1930-1940's?  

That's really a thing?  I've heard every theory about WWII that ever was, but I honestly don't think I've ever heard that one.  I would be fascinated to hear the rest of their theory fleshed out.  If it was just gun-toting Americans waiting at the shore, how else was their initial invasion plan going to work?  I mean we've seen the declassified plans for the air attack on Los Angeles, my wife's grandfather fought them in the uninhabited Aleutian Islands, and real Americans did die from those fire balloons and in another air attack on Honolulu several months after Pearl Harbor.  Unless it's still classified, I have never seen any evidence of a planned Japanese mainland invasion of the United States by any seaborne means (again, save for bombers which I don't think would be terribly worried about small arms owners in Fresno).  

I am fascinated.  I gotta learn more about these crazies.  

geek out over here -------->   https://www.surlyhorns.com/board/index.php?/topic/9820-midway-nov-2019/

nipponese plan was to use midway, johnston and palmyra as their own island hopping campaign to invade the big island in august 42 and oahu at the end of 42, and sue for peace using the population of oahu as hostages.

ask the magatts how the nipponese were going to support a 6000-mile naked supply line with 10 aircraft carriers and 50 capital ships.

15 minutes ago, Lobo said:

I am fascinated.  I gotta learn more about these crazies.  Do they think Japan was gonna park the multiple field armies needed for such an invasion in Western Canada or Tijuana until they were sufficiently supplied and given the go-ahead?  But then they heard about gun ownership in Seattle and San Diego and said, "Ah, fuck it...let's go back home!" ???

FB8B24B7-435C-4411-9936-EB4B2E41A7C3.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, slorch said:

Keep running the play...LOlz.  Always.  never deviate.  You own and even enjoy firearms, but gun culture is toxic?    

and whose president?

and which rebellious rhetoric am I stoking?

Gotdam dude.  Just a hot fucking mess of lunacy you are...

Yes, gun culture is toxic. When I used to shoot IDPA before Best in the West shut down, damn near every other person was wearing campaign or "Hillary for prison" gear, and other dumb shit like that. Gun owners shouldn't be praising dangerous criminals like the danger WASPs or rittenhouse. "No compromise" gun politics have taken over the rhetoric, and are all the same qanon and conspiracy adjacent loonies that are the voting base of the republican party. 

I didn't say that you were stoking the rhetoric, I said the people you vote for and defend on this board do. And you're still refusing to acknowledge the ongoing encouragement by the white house and GOP of armed insurrection against a state government. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, slorch said:

Not to mention the local law enforcement - Deputy Sheriff Bubba will tolerate those guys, up until they declare that they are in charge.  Deputy Sheriff Bubba will not tolerate a challenge to his authority.

44 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

geek out over here -------->   https://www.surlyhorns.com/board/index.php?/topic/9820-midway-nov-2019/

nipponese plan was to use midway, johnston and palmyra as their own island hopping campaign to invade the big island in august 42 and oahu at the end of 42, and sue for peace using the population of oahu as hostages.

ask the magatts how the nipponese were going to support a 6000-mile naked supply line with 10 aircraft carriers and 50 capital ships.

Yeah, I've seen those Imperial Naval plans, even heard lectures on it straight from the Naval War College.  The idea was to put just enough squeeze on Hawaii and Alaska so as to negotiate for a stand-down so they could head back to the South Pacific and China Sea to make trouble and rule everything between Wake Island and Afghanistan while we just helped out our fellow whiteys in Europe.  It proved a woeful pipe dream from a logistics standpoint, and as you point out...a lack of naval surface capacity. 

But what I never saw in any of the history books or lectures was, "And the Imperial Military" was also worried about civilian pushback on the mainland United States given their 2nd Amendment.  Germany also allowed for gun ownership in the 1940's...how did that fare against a foreign insurrection?  After the Battle of the Bulge,  most of the only people left defending the Reich were foreign conscripted members of the Waffen-SS.  There's no famous battle of "The Firearms Lovers of Frankfurt versus the Allies."  It was just German citizens who either surrendered/assisted or were murdered by Soviets.  There was no random middle-aged fat guy from Hamburg who went out in a blaze of glory shooting as many invaders as he could repel with his small arms collection.  I mean yeah, statistically speaking---there were probably a handful but that we don't know their names should tell you MAGA nuts there is no glory in this.  Surrender and move on with your lives.  

3 hours ago, Bookman said:

The revolution will be tweeted 

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Yeah, I've seen those Imperial Naval plans, even heard lectures on it straight from the Naval War College.  The idea was to put just enough squeeze on Hawaii and Alaska so as to negotiate for a stand-down so they could head back to the South Pacific and China Sea to make trouble and rule everything between Wake Island and Afghanistan while we just helped out our fellow whiteys in Europe.  It proved a woeful pipe dream from a logistics standpoint, and as you point out...a lack of naval surface capacity. 

But what I never saw in any of the history books or lectures was, "And the Imperial Military" was also worried about civilian pushback on the mainland United States given their 2nd Amendment.  Germany also allowed for gun ownership in the 1940's...how did that fare against a foreign insurrection?  After the Battle of the Bulge,  most of the only people left defending the Reich were foreign conscripted members of the Waffen-SS.  There's no famous battle of "The Firearms Lovers of Frankfurt versus the Allies."  It was just German citizens who either surrendered/assisted or were murdered by Soviets.  There was no random middle-aged fat guy from Hamburg who went out in a blaze of glory shooting as many invaders as he could repel with his small arms collection.  I mean yeah, statistically speaking---there were probably a handful but that we don't know their names should tell you MAGA nuts there is no glory in this.  Surrender and move on with your lives.  

And if anything, the American military was worried about what Japanese citizens would do when WE invaded THEIR mainland, given how they behaved on the outer islands.  

Should the shooting ever truly start and terroristic acts occur, within the vein of thought being discussed in this thread, not only will the idiots face the full force of the US military, but they will face a metric crapton of their fellow gun owners who still believe in our country.

I have no guns, but lots of non-Trumpkins do. There is a movement of arms purchasing from African Americans who won’t let fat white supremacist bubbas with black guns decide their participation in America. It is more difficult to massacre the well armed.
  • Hook 'Em 2