A story about a pathetic man's downfall

Francisco 2.0

23 minutes ago, Chooky said:

Over 50 voicemails of Rudy's angry flatulence.  

"Look man, ain't no fucking Donald here man.  The bitch don't live here!  Fuck you too!" /arseniohall 

14 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Anyone who doesn't yet should make AP News one of their top sources for facts.

No talking heads, few videos, calm, deliberate presentation of facts.  They pull no punches.  www.apnews.com

Ap, Reuters, BBC (the news kind), and watch the PBS NewsHour. My only complain with Ap is that their website always tries to get me to sign up for their news letter. It’s moved to the bottom of my reliable news list just due to annoyance.

CNN and Fox are good for understanding what the parties are pushing and Newsmax and Oann are good for understanding what kind of unhinged propaganda your parents are consuming.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Bookman said:

I have a good feeling that the Senate is going to convict Trump and make him ineligible to hold public office again.

If this is ever going to happen to a U.S. President, I can't think of someone more worthy.

I'm still trying to figure out who the 17 R's are that will pull the trigger, but if McConnell does infact want this to happen then its got a shot. 

11 minutes ago, shnsajax said:

I'm still trying to figure out who the 17 R's are that will pull the trigger, but if McConnell does infact want this to happen then its got a shot. 

I think it's just 2/3 of senators that decide to cast votes. Let's say 25 Republicans decide to not cast a vote -- or walk out -- then you only need 2/3 of 75 votes.

However, I think this hinges on McConnell. If Mitch wants Trump ex-communicated, it'll happen. If he doesn't lead the charge, I don't see them getting 2/3.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, C-Man said:

I think it's just 2/3 of senators that decide to cast votes. Let's say 25 Republicans decide to not cast a vote -- or walk out -- then you only need 2/3 of 75 votes.

However, I think this hinges on McConnell. If Mitch wants Trump ex-communicated, it'll happen. If he doesn't lead the charge, I don't see them getting 2/3.

yep. no need to do the math. it’s a one-man vote. 

2 hours ago, Bookman said:

I have a good feeling that the Senate is going to convict Trump and make him ineligible to hold public office again.

If this is ever going to happen to a U.S. President, I can't think of someone more worthy.

Unfortunately, it’s not going to happen. 

4 minutes ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

Does Mitch have any real power once the majority switches?  I guess they are holding onto hope to win back sooner seats next cycle?

I'd say he's the de facto leader of the GOP, right now, so I imagine he'll be able to get about whatever number of votes he wants from the Reps for impeachment. 

6 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

I'd say he's the de facto leader of the GOP, right now, so I imagine he'll be able to get about whatever number of votes he wants from the Reps for impeachment. 

Yea, he's the leader of the party that doesn't have much control anymore.  He can't promise them good committees or promise pork for their state.  What's the keep them from saying "fuck off Mitch" except loyalty and hope they take back the Senate in 2 years?

20 minutes ago, Nivek said:

So can I buy that debt and hound trump and his family?

When I was working in Indonesia we had a client that ran up a substantial amount of unpaid invoices.  One of the local guys in our office offered to introduce us to a debt collector to try and sort this out.  Well, meeting time rolls around and in walks this 6’ 5” steroid monster - not a common sight in Indonesia, picture a taller, bigger version of Bo Scarborough. He offered to buy the debt at $0.50 on the dollar but due to the shadiness of this dude we declined to engage his services.

I later learned that Indo Scarborough was a former Indonesian Special Forces commander and is known in the debt collecting space as “The Butcher”.  He definitely owns a necklace of human ears.  I may still have his card if anyone wants to help out Mr. Giuliani. 

14 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

When I was working in Indonesia we had a client that ran up a substantial amount of unpaid invoices.  One of the local guys in our office offered to introduce us to a debt collector to try and sort this out.  Well, meeting time rolls around and in walks this 6’ 5” steroid monster - not a common sight in Indonesia, picture a taller, bigger version of Bo Scarborough. He offered to buy the debt at $0.50 on the dollar but due to the shadiness of this dude we declined to engage his services.

I later learned that Indo Scarborough was a former Indonesian Special Forces commander and is known in the debt collecting space as “The Butcher”.  He definitely owns a necklace of human ears.  I may still have his card if anyone wants to help out Mr. Giuliani. 

Note to self: stay on Nuggets' good side. 

I don't feel particularly inclined to spend the time and $$ on Pacer, but in case you've forgotten about Lev Parnas et. al. his case is still winding its way through they system. Some of the documents are available for free on Court Listener while others you have to fork over the dough. Link at bottom. Of interest is that one of the attorneys for the prosecution is leaving the case: Audrey Strauss, Acting US Attorney.

https://www.courtlistener.com/docket/16318332/united-states-v-parnas/?filed_after=&filed_before=&entry_gte=&entry_lte=&order_by=desc#entry-156

This is a nice outline:

https://www.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.nysd.524342/gov.uscourts.nysd.524342.156.0_2.pdf

1 hour ago, Sawbonz said:

Schumer should go to McConnell privately and say if he gets 17 votes he won’t kill the filibuster this cycle

I  like the idea, and have considered similar, but I don't think you make any fucking promises. What you do say is, "Lets help purge the poison from your party, and lets do some good for America as a whole. And if we work together to heal America, I won't have to repeal the filibuster, stack the courts, or make DC a state this term."

• Rage+1 1

• immamac changed the title to A story about a pathetic man's downfall
  • Bozo_Casanova changed the title to Poll: President Trump's Major Announcement