Lil’Jordan Humphrey

TheFlagship

14 hours ago, BradInATX said:

The Saints offense was significantly different (worse) from about week 12 on, including into the playoffs. He is right. 

Source - am Saints fan, watched every game. I could also look up stats to show my work, but your low effort post deserves a low effort response.

yep, it really started on turkey day.  offense was not good but the falcons kept turning it over.  struggles continued through the end of the season.

• 2 weeks later...

he's going to training camp !!!

New Orleans Saints Executive Vice President/General Manager Mickey Loomis announced Friday that the club has signed the following undrafted rookies to three-year contracts; defensive end Carl Granderson, offensive lineman Ethan Greenidge, linebacker Porter Gustin, running back Darnell Holland, wide receiver Lil’Jordan Humphrey, tackle Derrick Kelly II, long snapper Nick Moore, defensive tackle Shy Tuttle and linebacker Darrell Williams. The club also waived running back Martez Carter, linebacker Chase Hansen and tight end Jake Powell.

https://www.neworleanssaints.com/news/saints-announce-roster-moves-x4820

• 2 months later...

No kidding. No point in (unnecessarily and pointlessly) burning bridges that you might need later on.  

You don’t have to worry about burning bridges when you got that first round, really good idea to leave UT early money...oh, wait

aa26310e798e8aa2f31cf2427bf3ee6d.jpg
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Goodman said:

Not smart to eliminate potential revenue opportunities by acting smug. I hope he kills it, then he will never have to worry about a network he seems to be ok with reducing. 

UT alumni will forgive LJH about this tweet if he puts it in his past.  DeShon Elliott has been on the Horns sideline since his Twitter outburst last July...

Interesting timing that this LJH tweet is right as 2019 Big 12 Media Days are starting....  Deshon's outburst was also during B12 Media Days last year.

Quote on DeShon incident in July 2018:  "An unusually quiet offseason is now winding down following Big 12 Media Days this week, but former Texas Longhorns safety DeShon Elliott stirred things up on Wednesday with a series of critical tweets"....  critical of some of Texas Coaching Staff

https://www.burntorangenation.com/2018/7/18/17586860/deshon-elliott-tweets-texas-longhorns-tom-herman-nfl-draft

Edited by LTtxfan

3 minutes ago, GotThatFire said:

I’m not surprised. So stupid to burn that bridge.  If you were paying attention, you could’ve seen something like this coming from him. 

Just looking at him play you could tell he wasn’t a weight room freak or anything close to that. It kind of made his success that much more impressive. But add that to his alleged weed issues, shitty combine prep, and now these pointless comments, and it’s pretty clear he doesn’t have what it takes mentally to be great in the NFL. I give him less than 3 years. It’d be cool if he proved me wrong though.

5 hours ago, Goodman said:

Not smart to eliminate potential revenue opportunities by acting smug. I hope he kills it, then he will never have to worry about a network he seems to be ok with reducing. 

5 hours ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

No kidding. No point in (unnecessarily and pointlessly) burning bridges that you might need later on.  

Yep, even Vince and Ricky (among others) needed help later on and chances are, he will too.  Just the nature of the game.

4 hours ago, GringoSalado said:

Meh. I'm not seeing anything objectionable here.

"...Texas will always be Texas with or without me."

hesrightyouknow.gif

besides the lack of dignity and tact?

he aint wrong, but hes burning the goodwill of the university and its gigantic alumni network.  no AD/LHN lifelines for this dude

Meh, nothing too scathing there.  I think most people that juust graduated/left college are happy to be done, especially those with decent jobs lined up. Should be have posted that?  Probably not.  He could have said something like "I'll miss suiting up with my teamates, but I'm ready to move on as a saint, blah blah blah"

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

Meh, nothing too scathing there.  I think most people that juust graduated/left college are happy to be done, especially those with decent jobs lined up. Should be have posted that?  Probably not.  He could have said something like "I'll miss suiting up with my teamates, but I'm ready to move on as a saint, blah blah blah"

Yes, I think the main issue with these guys is the risk of injury. They see that pot of gold at the end of the rainbow getting closer, and everyone knows you can go out there and take a bad hit and it's over. Stressful deal. Hope he keeps getting better and sees the field for the Saints next year.

True, but most people don't fully appreciate it until they are working >40 hour weeks, and have a wife and kids and yard work and shit.  

Quoted for the fucking truth. I had buddies that always said they couldn’t wait to get out of high school. I always said fuck that, the real world starts after that. Working every day sucks.

I don't think LJH and Herman saw eye to eye on a lot of things.  LJH seemed like the kind of guy who could get away with being a little lazy, bad attitude, a "me" guy.  He got away with it with Charlie Strong but not with Herman.  That's how I see it at least.

According to this board, Herman doesn’t allow that and won’t play people behind it.

Not really some PR nightmare because you really can't have one of those as an undrafted free agent nobody gives a crap about.  Just another sign of immaturity.  It's cool to speak your mind, it's even cool to be willing to say the tough things...but have an end in mind and go all in on being clear.  This does neither as it is a statement that seemingly accomplishes nothing while being garbled enough to be read (or misread) as taking a shot at Texas

I still remember Lovell Pinkney saying something like "I've proven all I can at this level, it's time to take my talent to the Pros." It is not as easy as many of these guys seem to think it is. I think it's best to keep your thoughts to yourself until you are actually making a roster and getting some game action on Sundays.

Hope it works out for him, he was a fun player to watch, but the NFL chews up UDFAs like fucking candy.

• Like 1