Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away

InkaUtexas

Hey hey hey!  Went to the Randall’s at Brodie and slaughter at 7:30 this morning, they actually had toilet paper.   Busiest I’ve ever seen it though, except holidays.
There's a Randalls right by me at Mesa/Spicewood. Never busy. Pretty sure I'm the only customer under 65 that's ever been in the store. I think I'm going to avoid it just because I don't want to kill the whole store by spreading inadvertently.

9 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

Interesting to see the Drudge headlines all in red trying to stoke the panic more though.

Just wait until the sex robots become sentient and the robot apocalypse actually begins. Drudge will have a link to a live feed of himself masturbating.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Hate said:

Something interesting that may come from all of this self quarantining (and something I thought about as a result of the lol thread) is that there is going to be a new generation of "boomers" in 9-11 months as a result of all the self quarantining.  There isn't much else to do other than drink and fuck.

I am going to go ahead and preemptively dub this generation the Covidiots. 

5 minutes ago, gmr548 said:
10 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:
Hey hey hey!  Went to the Randall’s at Brodie and slaughter at 7:30 this morning, they actually had toilet paper.   Busiest I’ve ever seen it though, except holidays.

There's a Randalls right by me at Mesa/Spicewood. Never busy. Pretty sure I'm the only customer under 65 that's ever been in the store. I think I'm going to avoid it just because I don't want to kill the whole store by spreading inadvertently.

I’m all set for a few days of confinement.

spacer.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MissingInAction said:

Everyone laughed at me when I started prepping a month ago. Everyone laughed at me when I bought a bidet. My neighbor laughed when he saw me hauling in 20 pound bags of dog food.

Who's laughing now, motherfuckers?

My dog eats 20 pounds of dog food in a week.  What sort of terrier do you have?

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

People who fully recover from the coronavirus can be left with '20 to 30%' less lung function, and gasping for breath when they walk quickly, Hong Kong doctors find

https://www.yahoo.com/news/people-fully-recover-coronavirus-left-103917303.html

That's a fucking "study" of 12. Twelve fucking people. I am not saying people should go start licking handrails but holy shit. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Somnio said:

That's wonderful.

That’s a panic-inducing headline meant to freak people out. Previously healthy lungs can repair themselves relatively quickly. Short term lung function will probably be impacted but they will likely repair themselves if there’s no overt fibrosis. People who stop smoking can return to normal lung function in a couple of years.

This is the kind of shit that causes overreaction and irrational panic.

Edited by Billy Pilgrim
  • Like 5

14 minutes ago, gmr548 said:
18 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

Visiting that Randalls or the Walgreens across the street significantly increases your chance of taking a weak elbow from an old while trying to line up to pay.  They don't leave their house other than to stop for food or drugs, and by god no one will get in their way!  

Yesterday there was a run on the adult diapers at Walgreens.  Had a lady with eight packs of them push past me to the front of the line.  I let it go.  She needed to get out there quicker than I did I suspect.

Edited by Samson's Wig
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

If I were you, I’d be on my boat in a very remote area.

I very much want to do this.  But alas, it is not to be.

Management call at 9 am this morning.  An employee of a company in our building suspected of coronavirus.  Game over.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, JimmyHoffa said:

That's a fucking "study" of 12. Twelve fucking people. I am not saying people should go start licking handrails but holy shit. 

Technically that statement was only about "two or three out of those 12 patients."

Edited by JBJ
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, dcbc said:

My ass is ready. 274e6ea60e464752d1177198471a1fa7.jpg

Welcome to the club. Handheld bidets have been in my home for years. Washing your ass with water is required under Islam and has seeped into Middle Eastern culture even for those of us who don't practice that religion. 

Edited by Iconoclast Texan
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

Management call at 9 am this morning.  An employee of a company in our building suspected of coronavirus.  Game over.  

Well, at least you won't have to watch UCLA football anymore.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

LOL we also had an employee of a company within our building suspected.  Still here.  They claim we are "low risk" 

3 minutes ago, dcbc said:

My ass is ready. 274e6ea60e464752d1177198471a1fa7.jpg

So, I have never used a bidet.

It seems shitty water would splatter all over your junk and ass using one.

I realize I must be wrong otherwise people wouldn't use them.

Think I'll stick with TP, wet wipes, and daily showers and call it good.

5 minutes ago, Wally Fairway said:

I stumbled onto this - it is a long article, with lots of charts, that simplify things (but only if you read the context)

https://medium.com/@tomaspueyo/coronavirus-act-today-or-people-will-die-f4d3d9cd99ca

1*NSLFDRry46VwCkmZiED5iA.png

1*sJQrjQFmY4_ll6ywp2pb1g.png

1*-O84hhKDRHmgMVAslvgj-Q.png

I read that article once....at the HOUSTON RODEO.

All kidding aside, I read that a few days ago and went to the store the next day. It’s when reality set in.

• Like 1

ICSC, the biggest commercial real estate conference in the US, cancelled.  Not even remotely surprising, but Vegas has got to be getting destroyed. And there is so much debt on some of those properties they have to be looking at some major defaults. 

Yeah, I'm going to go pull on a slot machine handle right now.

spacer.png

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Somnio said:

34 minutes ago, Hawndoh said:

They walk around much more than Americans do.

Americans drive .1 miles to the store and wait 5 minutes just to park 4 spaces closer to the door. Then shop from a scooter.

Much of the rest of the world at least walks a moderate amount every day. 

Plus we put corn syrup in everything we consume. 

True, but America is built completely different.  Europe has stores within walking distance in most cases, large swathes of the US doesn't.   The closest grocery store to my house is 5 miles away.  Outside of that I have a gas station I could walk to, and its about a mile away.  We built the bulk of the country around the idea that everyone has a car.  

3 minutes ago, TXSG8R said:

True, but America is built completely different.  Europe has stores within walking distance in most cases, large swathes of the US doesn't.   The closest grocery store to my house is 5 miles away.  Outside of that I have a gas station I could walk to, and its about a mile away.  We built the bulk of the country around the idea that everyone has a car.  

Off topic, but you're correct and it was a mistake.

10 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

ICSC, the biggest commercial real estate conference in the US, cancelled.  Not even remotely surprising, but Vegas has got to be getting destroyed. And there is so much debt on some of those properties they have to be looking at some major defaults. 

Yeah, I'm going to go pull on a slot machine handle right now.

spacer.png

For fuck's sake. I thought they'd wait until next month to assess before pulling the plug.

8 minutes ago, Somnio said:

I used to think the same thing until I flew through Narita airport in Japan.  All their stalls have these top of the line bidets where you can set the seat temp, water temp, spray pressure, etc.  Its fucking life changing.  

• hayden_horn changed the title to Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away