Oh nothing, just Michael Flynn calling for an open air coup

hpslugga

1 hour ago, GRHorn said:

Cheney was not the only Republican to disagree with Trump yelling conspiracy. She was just perhaps the most vocal and started making herself a distraction from moving forward. I think Republican leadership is walking a fine line trying to move on from Trump and on to the next fights. Their focus will shift on to Biden policy and midterms. 

Democratic politicians and the media are smart to try to pull focus back to the election hysteria. Cheney enabled that, thus it was deemed that she needed to go. 

It’s June, and they’re actively auditing the election results of Arizona.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 4

4 minutes ago, mchookem said:

in the past i have assumed you were a serious poster attempting to have reasonable discussion from a different ideological perspective.

if you honestly believe the above, you are stunningly naive and/or completely oblivious to what is happening in GA, WI, MI, AZ, PA, TX, etc.

if you don't really believe that and are just perpetuating the dangerous lie, you are indeed a troll and deserve every bit of neg rep you reap.

THAT^ IS THE REPUBLICAN LEADERSHIP. they are not in any universe 'walking a fine line'. they are/have mounted an all out assault on democracy.

whether you are blind or malicious, you are the problem.

The Atlantic article I linked in the GQP thread says it really nicely.

The Republicans, facing an investigation into an insurrection provoked by their own leader, have armored up and gone into armadillo mode. They will protect their own—rather than their nation and the Constitution they swore to defend. This behavior should serve as a warning: A party that doesn’t believe in anything ends up believing only in its right to rule. And a movement that believes only in its own power is a deadly enemy of constitutional democracy.

• Hook 'Em 7

GRUHorn is a troll. And a decidedly uninteresting one who supposedly lives in San Antonio, works in the “medical field,” prefers grocery shopping at wal mart over HEB because of mask policy, and eats at Bob’s steak and chophouse and then  posts pictures of digusting looking meals with hot dogs or carrots supposedly from Bob’s, and when called on it makes it his avatar. 

He’s the trolliest troll who ever trolled. Best just to make fun of him and move on. 

• Hook 'Em 4

3 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

He’s the trolliest troll who ever trolled. Best just to make fun of him and move on. 

i'd say ban his ass.  straight up trolling is one of the few no-no's we have here.  but it's what he does on a near daily basis.  just get rid of him at this point.

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

GRUHorn is a troll. And a decidedly uninteresting one who supposedly lives in San Antonio, works in the “medical field,” prefers grocery shopping at wal mart over HEB because of mask policy, and eats at Bob’s steak and chophouse and then  posts pictures of digusting looking meals with hot dogs or carrots supposedly from Bob’s, and when called on it makes it his avatar. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 4

5 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Bob's should actually sue.  At least Lemmon Avenue Bob's should.  Business disparagement for publicizing that photo.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

i'd say ban his ass.  straight up trolling is one of the few no-no's we have here.  but it's what he does on a near daily basis.  just get rid of him at this point.

The only thing he’s actually good at is not crossing the line into a banning. 

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

They want to move on so hard, they demoted the only member of leadership wanting to actually move on

Yup. His pretend alternative explanation is a lie. I wish the media would stop using terms like "misinformation" and "conspiracy theory." Just call it a lie. It is a lie to claim that the election was "stolen," it's a lie to say that there were "voting irregulatities" that require legislation, and it is a lie to say that the republican party is not dominated by people who spread these lies. A majority of republican voters still claim the election was "stolen" and worship donald trump. Party leaders might wish to "move on" to pretend they didn't enable trumpism, but they can't, they used it to stay in power and can't break free of what they created. Fuck them all, and fuck this poster for lying. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

but I think the Bob’s picture thing is actually real.  I’ve seen other pictures of that carrot abomination on reviews of Bob’s since he posted it.  

The carrot is a Bob's thing.

29 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

He'll just come back as another sock account when you do. He gets too much validation from derailing conversation on this board

He's unquestionably a troll, but at least he's a known commodity. Don't engage him seriously, but dunk on him from time to time exposing him for the rest of the board. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Pods said:

He'll just come back as another sock account when you do. He gets too much validation from derailing conversation on this board

He's unquestionably a troll, but at least he's a known commodity. Don't engage him seriously, but dunk on him from time to time exposing him for the rest of the board. 

it's really when he came with the "who is marjorie taylor greene?" take that his game became clear. i'm still deciding if he is for real or completely self-deluded or a troll. either way it goes, he has only hot takes left at this point.

2 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

it's really when he came with the "who is marjorie taylor greene?" take that his game became clear. i'm still deciding if he is for real or completely self-deluded or a troll. 

I'm not sure how it became clear but you're still undecided on whether he's a troll.  That was the defining moment where he blew his cover.  There should be zero doubt at this point, and you should ban his troll ass.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mchookem said:

if you honestly believe the above, you are stunningly naive and/or completely oblivious to what is happening in GA, WI, MI, AZ, PA, TX, etc.

"What are those places? I had never heard of them before seeing them here."

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

I think it's blindingly obvious that he's a fucking troll.

He seems to be.  However, in terms of this thread, he was called multiple times to participate in it.   His opinions were sought.  And then promptly negged for participating, lulz.  In the year 2021 a good chunk of this  board either hasn't figured out that ignoring trolls is the best way to handle them.  Or, and probably more likely since this isn't a board of stupids, this place actually likes trolls as it gives someone to vent anger towards.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, MC Fresh Breath said:

He seems to be.  However, in terms of this thread, he was called multiple times to participate in it.   His opinions were sought.  And then promptly negged for participating, lulz.  In the year 2021 a good chunk of this  board either hasn't figured out that ignoring trolls is the best way to handle them.  Or, and probably more likely since this isn't a board of stupids, this place actually likes trolls as it gives someone to vent anger towards.

I Guess If You Say So GIF

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, 'stache said:

Yup. His pretend alternative explanation is a lie. I wish the media would stop using terms like "misinformation" and "conspiracy theory." Just call it a lie. It is a lie to claim that the election was "stolen," it's a lie to say that there were "voting irregulatities" that require legislation, and it is a lie to say that the republican party is not dominated by people who spread these lies. A majority of republican voters still claim the election was "stolen" and worship donald trump. Party leaders might wish to "move on" to pretend they didn't enable trumpism, but they can't, they used it to stay in power and can't break free of what they created. Fuck them all, and fuck this poster for lying. 

I've been saying this for years now.  Some have gotten a bit better.

There's a PBS documentary about the Philly DA that I would like to watch, but haven't gotten around to yet.  In the previews, he's at some sort of press conference or hearing and he just plainly and forcefully tells the people "YOU'RE BEING LIED TO."  We need more people like that.

3 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Isolated pockets.  JFC.  Entire states, including Arizona and its "audit," are enacting voting laws premised solely on Trump's big lie.

There's a small handful of Republicans that denounce Trump and the associated madness.

The rest of them want to "move on" so they can continue with the program without having to confront what they've become and what they've endorsed, explicitly or implicitly.

Couldn't find 10 Republicans to sign on to the January 6th investigation into the attack on the Capitol.  You'd think if it was Antifa, BLM or whatever other Liberal organizations they blamed, they'd have gone all in on an investigation.  They won't even buy what they're selling.    

52 minutes ago, MC Fresh Breath said:

In the year 2021 a good chunk of this  board either hasn't figured out that ignoring trolls is the best way to handle them.

99% ignoring and 1% dismissive mockery seems like the winning formula to me.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, F250 said:

No it's not trolling, it's the only talking point they have left. He is echoing a pretty common Republican talking point used to try and explain away the Nationalist takeover of the GOP. It's obvious that they are trying to polish a turd but it's the only move they can make.

This is all they can do now.

season 5 GIF

"Anyone who speaks German can't be all bad"

1 hour ago, hayden_horn said:

it's really when he came with the "who is marjorie taylor greene?" take that his game became clear. i'm still deciding if he is for real or completely self-deluded or a troll. either way it goes, he has only hot takes left at this point.

dude, that's an astounding contradiction there. what became clear if you're not sure what he is? he's a fucking troll and we're all fools for indulging him. he does not make this site better. period.

4 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

dude, that's an astounding contradiction there. what became clear if you're not sure what he is? he's a fucking troll and we're all fools for indulging him. he does not make this site better. period.

well, i've encountered people like him in my own life. either willfully ignorant, or living in a completely different reality from the rest of us. i haven't banned him because i think i need to be reminded that there are people like him out there.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

I put him on ignore. Shitposter plus disgusting avatar...I can't understand why this is not a no-brainer for the rest of you. 

2 hours ago, longhornmatt said:

He’s definitely a troll to some extent (though there is some merit to the point that even a non-trolling Republican partisan just has no decent material left at this point), but I think the Bob’s picture thing is actually real.  I’ve seen other pictures of that carrot abomination on reviews of Bob’s since he posted it.   Bob’s needs to move on from the big lie that this was ever a good idea.   

It's definitely real, but his photo skillz or lack thereof make it look gross af. It's like he used a piss filter. 

I happen to like carrots but have eaten there with people who don't. It doesn't look gross and it's not off-putting even to non-carrot fans. It's unique if nothing else and a bit of a trademark. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

well, i've encountered people like him in my own life. either willfully ignorant, or living in a completely different reality from the rest of us. i haven't banned him because i think i need to be reminded that there are people like him out there.

This is where I'm at.  The very fact that there is little to no substantive difference between russian bots, trolls and GOP posters needs to be front and center until it is no longer the case.

• Hook 'Em 4

4 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

It's definitely real, but his photo skillz or lack thereof make it look gross af. It's like he used a piss filter. 

I happen to like carrots but have eaten there with people who don't. It doesn't look gross and it's not off-putting even to non-carrot fans. It's unique if nothing else and a bit of a trademark. 

It's the photo and yeah it looks like a diarrhea filter was used for the picture because everything looks nasty in it. Probably just bad lighting. 

The big ass carrot itself is fine but can be a WTF if it's your first time eating there.

I think the time for fatwa is near.  A damn shame...we're losing trolls that we can shit all over.  The trolls really don't have any good material left so, I guess, I'm ok with it.  Here's hoping his next iteration is more creative.  Also you Texas fans bitching about the Bob's pic should be thankful he took a couple Texas legends off of his av.  Willie and Earl would want absolutely nothing to do with this cretin. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, GRHorn said:

Because she was an outspoken critic of Trump. I think the party would like to move past all the election controversy nonsense and rhetoric and move forward and that’s best done with a united front. 

i just came back to neg you for this in particular because PEOPLE FUCKING DIED AS A RESULT OF 'THE ELECTION CONTROVERSY NONSENSE AND RHETORIC'. 

their deaths are at the hands of you and others like you as much as they are Hawley, Cruz, etc. and the maga-ites storming the capitol. 

be proud of yourself for causing the death of other Americans. asshole. 

Edited by mchookem
  • Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, mchookem said:

i just came back to neg you for this in particular because PEOPLE FUCKING DIED AS A RESULT OF 'THE ELECTION CONTROVERSY NONSENSE AND RHETORIC'. 

their deaths are at the hands of you and others like you as much as they are Hawley, Cruz, etc. and the maga-ites storming the capitol. 

be proud of yourself for causing the death of other Americans. asshole. 

I think that this is what pisses me off about my few remaining outwardly Trumpy friends: they don't realize, and will never, ever acknowledge, that the crazies are very much their fault. Humoring them, giving them corners on the internet to amplify and radicalize their message, confirming and solidifying their views with the very real feedback loop of Facebook likes, writing your own diatribe that, while complete bullshit, is well written enough to convince the more susceptible that they're on the "right" side of things...

This isn't a fucking blue v. red, pick your team game anymore.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

I think the time for fatwa is near.  A damn shame...we're losing trolls that we can shit all over.  The trolls really don't have any good material left so, I guess, I'm ok with it.  Here's hoping his next iteration is more creative.  Also you Texas fans bitching about the Bob's pic should be thankful he took a couple Texas legends off of his av.  Willie and Earl would want absolutely nothing to do with this cretin. 

I actually really like the new trend of the trolls giving up and rolling in here and committing surlycide. Emaw had a pretty good flame out. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

The big problem is that to the people I know that are still on board with the Trumpers, they still do see it as a game.  They want lower taxes and they don't give a fuck whatever else happens because lower taxes is the only thing that they see that directly affects them.  Everything else is just window dressing.  They just assume that the roads and hospitals and jails will continue to get built and maintained because they always have.  They just assume they'll have good power and internet and access to food and entertainment because they always have. 

In short, all the Republicans I know these days are the "Fuck you, I got mine" variety.  And I have found no argument that will get them off that perch. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 2

2 minutes ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

The big problem is that to the people I know that are still on board with the Trumpers, they still do see it as a game.  They want lower taxes

See, I don't understand why some of them think they're getting lower taxes, when many aren't.  I'm not upper class.  I'm sort of approaching it if you squint at salary, investments, home equity, but I'm not retiring any time soon.  My taxes went WAY the fuck up under Donald Trump, mostly because of reduced SALT deductions, but also some other shit he pulled.  He did not come CLOSE to dropping taxes for all average Americans.  Even if the average lower middle class Joe Blow paid $500 less annual to the IRS, they don't seem to understand the corporations made out like bandits and that money ain't flowing down to them or their friends.  In the long run . . .

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

See, I don't understand why some of them think they're getting lower taxes, when many aren't.  I'm not upper class.  I'm sort of approaching it if you squint at salary, investments, home equity, but I'm not retiring any time soon.  My taxes went WAY the fuck up under Donald Trump, mostly because of reduced SALT deductions, but also some other shit he pulled.  He did not come CLOSE to dropping taxes for all average Americans.  Even if the average lower middle class Joe Blow paid $500 less annual to the IRS, they don't seem to understand the corporations made out like bandits and that money ain't flowing down to them or their friends.  In the long run . . .

Dude, mine went to shit too under Trump, but the people I know that are Trumpers are all boomers, and for their whole life Republicans = low taxes and Democrats = high taxes.  There is no evidence or proof you can show them that will get them to believe anything different.  I've tried.

• Hook 'Em 3

15 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Take your fucking Costco membership and shove it. / Paul Ryan

8 minutes ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

Dude, mine went to shit too under Trump, but the people I know that are Trumpers are all boomers, and for their whole life Republicans = low taxes and Democrats = high taxes.  There is no evidence or proof you can show them that will get them to believe anything different.  I've tried.

This is my Dad.  100% has always been this way and would never vote for a D, no matter what just because of this "low taxes" selfish, short-sighted smokescreen.  I have to believe he really digs the racism too, though.

13 minutes ago, ChuckNorrisActionJeans said:

This is my Dad.  100% has always been this way and would never vote for a D, no matter what just because of this "low taxes" selfish, short-sighted smokescreen.  I have to believe he really digs the racism too, though.

Same.

29 minutes ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

It’s the same with...every other propaganda they’ve been told. They want to believe whatever they want. Evidence will not stop them

Whether @GRHorn is a troll or not doesn't matter.  As someone has already pointed out, 53% of people who identify as Republicans agree with his expressed views.  You can't click an ignore button to not be affected by their influence on our society, you aren't going to neg-ban them to the Rhineland and there is no admin to remove them from physical existence.  For better or worse, we all have to coexist with a shit ton of people who think like him.

So I engage him and point out the logical holes in his views and arguments.  Not because I enjoy debating with a troll or have any real hope of changing his thinking.  I do it because I don't want his message to exist unchallenged for others to consume without understanding exactly how wrong, misguided and even evil it is.

Part of the conservative modus operandi is to make this all so distasteful, that no one except the loathsome are willing to participate.  What is the only thing necessary for the triumph of evil again?

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

People that would sign on to his bullshit already believe in the bullshit.  Fuck them too.

You are wrong.  In 2016, Trump got 62 million votes.  In 2020, he got 74 million.  Trump's base is expanding, not contracting.  They will not be ignored, no matter how badly you want to fuck them, too.

27 minutes ago, Goredho said:

Part of the conservative modus operandi is to make this all so distasteful, that no one except the loathsome are willing to participate.

Well, they prefer to coopt their own board and claim it's just for non-political discussion of the news

• Hook 'Em 1