RIP Bob Saget

SizzleChest

47 minutes ago, Dennis Taylor said:

Fuck man this is horrible news. I don't know which is worse- Norm being sick and not telling anyone and dying or Bob dying out of the blue. He was funny as hell especially when you understand that he did that Danny Tanner cornball shit when he was actually as dirty as anyone when being himself 

FUCK

haha yes...i remember first seeing him do standup after Full House and AFHV...i was completely shocked at him being one of the dirtiest, filthy joke telling comedians i'd ever heard lol

6 hours ago, Dennis Taylor said:

Fuck man this is horrible news. I don't know which is worse- Norm being sick and not telling anyone and dying or Bob dying out of the blue. He was funny as hell especially when you understand that he did that Danny Tanner cornball shit when he was actually as dirty as anyone when being himself 

FUCK

Seemed like Norm's death really hit Bob hard. They were close, to a point I think Bob mentioned their family took Norm in as their own and he reciprocated.  Both are gone too soon.

It's an oldie, but nobody has posted it yet.  NSFW:

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, mchookem said:

haha yes...i remember first seeing him do standup after Full House and AFHV...i was completely shocked at him being one of the dirtiest, filthy joke telling comedians i'd ever heard lol

Exactly...it was a hard turn from model dad to the filthiest comic on stage. The juxtaposition was shocking.

He was a funny dude. RIP.

Listened to his "Unmasked with Ron Bennington" this morning (not the whole thing admittedly).  Holy shit, he was so effortlessly funny.  He could do the quick hit one-liner, the offensive insult, some crowd work, the meandering story that just floors you at the end, the standard setup/punchline premise, the humorous story recant, and then just these tennis volleys with Ron that were completely organic (and Ron's a master of those) that just floored everybody. 

I liked his standup and a few of his acting appearances.  I never really even saw him as the Full House guy.  But some comics I know have said for years he's one of the true comic's comics and unbelievably funny in every environ (Kinda like a Norm McDonald).  But if you can, go listen to his unmasked with Bennington.  And he was so warm and thankful in a very sincere way with Ron and the audience.  But I had no idea his range of comedic chops.  RIP, Saget. 

3 hours ago, Lobo said:

Listened to his "Unmasked with Ron Bennington" this morning (not the whole thing admittedly).  Holy shit, he was so effortlessly funny.  He could do the quick hit one-liner, the offensive insult, some crowd work, the meandering story that just floors you at the end, the standard setup/punchline premise, the humorous story recant, and then just these tennis volleys with Ron that were completely organic (and Ron's a master of those) that just floored everybody. 

I liked his standup and a few of his acting appearances.  I never really even saw him as the Full House guy.  But some comics I know have said for years he's one of the true comic's comics and unbelievably funny in every environ (Kinda like a Norm McDonald).  But if you can, go listen to his unmasked with Bennington.  And he was so warm and thankful in a very sincere way with Ron and the audience.  But I had no idea his range of comedic chops.  RIP, Saget. 

If Norm liked him, he had to be good.

• Hook 'Em 1

16 hours ago, ulukinatme said:

Seemed like Norm's death really hit Bob hard. They were close, to a point I think Bob mentioned their family took Norm in as their own and he reciprocated.  Both are gone too soon.

This is from 2014 and I haven't listened to it since it came out but I really enjoyed it at the time.

Some people probably saw this circulating when Norm died, but his roast of Bob is still legendary.  Lots of people didn't get it, but you can tell the comedians on the stage all got what he was doing.  Norm's closing remarks were sweet, looked like Bob got a bit emotional there at the end.

This Facebook link probably won't embed, could only find the audio on Youtube.

https://fb.watch/asQ5jCrplH/

• Hook 'Em 1

Man, that Kimmel deal was a tear-jerker.  

As for the Roast...watched it again just now.  It was such a brilliant stroke of originality by Norm.  The real beauty of it is, as y'all say, watching Saget's reaction---when he first lays into comedian Jim Norton---Bob sees inside Norm's mind and the fun begins.  The comics on the dais instantly get what Norm is doing.  And Bob turning to the others like, "Can you believe how he does this shit?"  He's just in awe and having a genuine laugh.  It's not just the delivery, it's the very clever wordplay that Norm had to cultivate just right.  It was like two old friends meeting in the park to play chess on their 80th birthdays to stay anew.  

I wish I had gotten to see Bob live.  What a life.

Apparently autopsy results show no drugs.

"Bob Saget was found unresponsive in the bed of an orderly Room 962 of The Ritz-Carlton Orlando on Sunday with no sign of trauma or foul play, according to an Orange County Sheriff's Office report released Monday."

"According to deputies, Saget last used his room key to enter the room at 2:17 a.m. An initial autopsy found no evidence of drug use or foul play. The cause and manner of death are pending further studies and investigation, which may take up to 10-12 weeks to complete."

https://deadline.com/2022/01/bob-saget-autopsy-no-drugs-foul-play-medical-examiner-1234907634/

12 hours ago, shnsajax said:

Great tribute.  Clearly his passing has left a lot of people completely heartbroken, demonstrating how impactful he was as a human being (setting aside the breadth of his professional accomplishments).  This fucking sucks, but there is a lot of beauty and love all wrapped up in seeing people speak to how Saget made them feel on a personal level.

Dusty af.

On 1/11/2022 at 12:36 AM, ulukinatme said:

Some people probably saw this circulating when Norm died, but his roast of Bob is still legendary.  Lots of people didn't get it, but you can tell the comedians on the stage all got what he was doing.  Norm's closing remarks were sweet, looked like Bob got a bit emotional there at the end.

This Facebook link probably won't embed, could only find the audio on Youtube.

https://fb.watch/asQ5jCrplH/

Also RIP Greg Geraldo.  That's three on the stage deceased. 

4 hours ago, Mdhorn said:

Also RIP Greg Geraldo.  That's three on the stage deceased. 

Somehow I didn't know Greg Giraldo passed away and that was like 10 years ago it looks like.  Cloris Leachman died in early 2021 too, so that's 4.

You could probably include Don Rickles too, although I think he just appeared via video and wasn't on stage.

51 minutes ago, ulukinatme said:

Somehow I didn't know Greg Giraldo passed away and that was like 10 years ago it looks like.  Cloris Leachman died in early 2021 too, so that's 4.

You could probably include Don Rickles too, although I think he just appeared via video and wasn't on stage.

I get Giraldo and Jeff Ross mixed up a ton. 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, freyguy said:

the difference to key on is Giraldo is (was) funny, and Ross is (and still is) fat.

I thought it was they look and sound nothing alike. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Edited by RPM
  • Haha 1

On 1/9/2022 at 7:15 PM, Celery Man said:

Been looking on line for the full version.  Hilarious in that he gets interrupted towards the end when he hears the MC introducing him and the audience applauding in the background.  He says something like “oh, sorry I got to go on.  Gotta entertain people” and gets up and walks out the door.

• 4 weeks later...