Game Week- Alabama

Wulaw Horn

12 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Oh yes, because the idea that we could keep this game within 21 is so dumb as to not even be worth responding to. Or saying that losing by 6 TD’s is actually completely possible but not remotely the most plausible outcome in this game is soooooo stupid. 
I conceded we could lose by 45. The fact that you can’t concede that’s it’s possible we keep the game within 2 or 3 scores says more about you than me. 

Lmao you conceded Texas could get blown out while calling me out personally for a "bitch made" and "needlessly pessimistic" prediction, and referring to that as a "10th percentile" probability. That's putting the likelihood of getting blown out by Bama on par with that of losing to UTSA. Don't try to recharacterize that when it can be read a few posts up.

Sure, Texas could compete and flirt with covering, or even cover by a few points. Even that requires a lot of assumptions and things going right, as alluded to before, but it could happen. That doesn't change the fact that nearly all available data points to getting boat raced as the base case, and certainly doesn't align with that being an extreme outlier. 

5 minutes ago, mdleast said:

emoji443.png “one of the these things is not like the others” emoji443.png

Too bad we can't have an old school WCW Triple Threat Match. Would love to see Galindo put through a table, Howard catch a Diamond Cutter and Urban just kicked in the nuts repeatedly.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Bamboozled73 said:

Alabama’s last loss to Non power 5 was to ULM in 2007.  We have just defeated the same War Eagles last week.  Our only loss to Bama was in the 2010 national championship game. We all know how it has gone since that fateful day for both teams. The universe is realigning itself.   UT 38-Alabama 35 through a Auburn field goal.   

Believe it. 

That would be pretty bad ass for Alabama to lose on the last second to a guy named Auburn.

• Hook 'Em 3

31 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

Too bad we can't have an old school WCW Triple Threat Match. Would love to see Galindo put through a table, Howard catch a Diamond Cutter and Urban just kicked in the nuts repeatedly.

Corso hits Herbstreet with the dementia bomb in a stunning heel turn. 

• Haha 2

I wanted to look at the Alabama defense so I watched this 10 minute highlight clip.  There isn't a single highlight of the Alabama defense or Utah state offense.  There are 3 total Utah State highlights.  One is a against the second team UA offense (intercepted Milroe).  The other is a blocked punt by Utah State.  Their best highlight is a sack of Young.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Texas Flood said:

Bama's defense is legit. Their offense run game is suspect though. Looking forward to seeing the PK/GP chess match w/ BOB on third and longs.

Hell, I dont even need to the outcome of a 3rd and long play. If you tell me the data sample size is 5+ instances, then I’ll take that all day

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, lemonandaturd said:

A one-legged TJ Finley had them on the ropes in the Iron Bowl.  If Auburn's running back had stayed in bounds and run clock, Bama loses that game.

The issue here is that Bama is ripe for a loss/poor showing usually further along in the season.  Things settle in, depth charts lock in a bit,Ithey lose a little focus, have some injuries, more things on tape etc and they sometimes get surprised.  This is the second week of the season with all eyes on this game.  Saban has lost 3 September games in his tenure at Bama.  2 in his first season in 2007 and 1 in 2015 to Ole Miss.  They will be focused and motivated.

4 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

The issue here is that Bama is ripe for a loss/poor showing usually further along in the season.  Things settle in, depth charts lock in a bit,Ithey lose a little focus, have some injuries, more things on tape etc and they sometimes get surprised.  This is the second week of the season with all eyes on this game.  Saban has lost 3 September games in his tenure at Bama.  2 in his first season in 2007 and 1 in 2015 to Ole Miss.  They will be focused and motivated.

If they were not focused for the Iron Bowl, then it's just an excuse.  That is their historic rival. I guess they were not focused when Zach CALZONE beat them.