Game Week- Alabama

Wulaw Horn

Dammmmmmmmmnnnnn!

This Alabama team is being anointed to god-like status. 

Well the last time I saw an opponent receive so much hype was when I was strolling across the Rose Bowl grounds two stepping to Big and Rich and shot gunning Buds with Ted Ferguson the Budweiser Daredevil.

As a result of all the hype, I am reversing course and now… 

image.gif.7f00b59e1f6b701bb46d24abdc983382.gif

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

How did it do a ranking last week with no games played?

can't speak to SP+ but I know FEI has preaseason, then adds in week 0 games for the teams who had them. IIRC SP+ works basically the same way and phases out preseason projections after teams have played X games.

33 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

How did it do a ranking last week with no games played?

"Below are my final SP+ projections for the 2022 college football season. As mentioned previously, these are based on three primary factors: returning production (final rankings for which you can find at the bottom of this piece), recent recruiting and recent history. How good have you been recently? Who do you have coming back? How good are the players replacing those you don't have coming back? That's loosely what we ask when we're setting expectations for a team subjectively; it's also what these projections attempt to do objectively."

If you want to get depressed about our chances watch this preview.

Strengths:

Alabama OL sucks but Young gets rid of the ball in 2.5 seconds or is really good at getting out of trouble and is a great decision maker.

Receivers are unknown but fast as hell and they got one out of Georgia that catches 90% of his targets.

Pass rush is the main strength and they have 3 gems that can take you out. Even worse they are going against Jones and an inexperienced Banks.

Will Anderson may be a better run stopper than pass rusher

Safeties are experienced hard hitters and Battle allows 1 reception for every 17 targets that come his way

Weaknesses

Linebackers are nothing special but you have to get to the second level first

Inside DL is nothing special but if Will is crashing they may not have to be

Corners can be had and good receivers can exploit them but your receivers may be double teamed if you are expending all kinds of resources at stopping the pass rush

As a hobby, I like to keep an eye on the secondary market for tickets for big UT games (RRS, Longhorn Bowl Games, etc); it seems like the secondary market for UT Bama is interesting.  It's definitely a big game but  prices look to be going down the closer we get to the game.  My read is that alot of ticket holders who wanted to sell, aimed too high early on.  That and the fact that much of the market doesn't think Longhorns have a chance has led to a softer market.  

There also doesn't seem to be an army of Bama fans snapping up tickets.  If I recall correctly, the ND game in 2016 was much more in demand

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, allrightallrightallright said:

As a hobby, I like to keep an eye on the secondary market for tickets for big UT games (RRS, Longhorn Bowl Games, etc); it seems like the secondary market for UT Bama is interesting.  It's definitely a big game but  prices look to be going down the closer we get to the game.  My read is that alot of ticket holders who wanted to sell, aimed too high early on.  That and the fact that much of the market doesn't think Longhorns have a chance has led to a softer market.  

There also doesn't seem to be an army of Bama fans snapping up tickets.  If I recall correctly, the ND game in 2016 was much more in demand

Forecast for early kick probably not helping either.  Looking like a hot one.  

8 minutes ago, allrightallrightallright said:

LSU market was as also a decent amount higher then this game. 

1 hour ago, allrightallrightallright said:

We also just announced an SEC move so not as much rush to get there when you can wait a year or two

46 minutes ago, texifornia said:

I wouldn't take that scoreline right now because I'm not a giant pussy, but I wouldn't exactly cry about it if it happened, either

39-20 would not upset me in the slightest.  Nothing fun about a 19 point loss, but our defense "held" them to 39 and we scored 20?  I'd be gladly surprised.

5 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

We're Texas. We heard they were called the Million Dollar Band so naturally assumed they were small and used to cheap seats. 

We're Billion with a B or bust up in this bitch. 

Bitching about band seats…not allocating enough seats  for the “Million Dollar Band”……hell, just bring $500K worth….fixed that.

Since Saban got things rolling at Bama in 2008, they have played an intersectional OOC game against a “name” P5 program in the first or second game every year except for the Covid year of 2020. I’ll exclude Duke in 2019 because it’s Duke. That’s 12 games in all. 

In those games, Bama is 12-0. The closest margin of victory was 10 points (33-23 WVU in 2014 and 34-24 VT in 2009).  The largest margin of victory was 46 (52-6 USC in 2016). The average score was 36.2-12.6. The median margin of victory was 22.5. 

Takeaway? Bama is extremely good at winning these games, and typically does so  in comfortable, but not humiliating fashion. 

3 hours ago, Tex Long said:

'62 - or maybe '64 - fucking Arkansas sold their band seats to BMD boosters, but brought their band anyway. Some idiot decided to let them stand on the sidelines, up against the stands, partly behind our fucking bench. They were even allowed to play some and partipate in the most annoying "cheer" ever. I reckon you pups never heard it done quite so loudly as it was in the day. I'll bet there's a youtube clip of it somewhere, but be damned if I'm gonna go look for it. 

Woooooooooooo, PIG! Sooie! 

RAZORBACK!

With incredible volume, especially on the five-second long "Wooooooooo000" part.

Bama not bringin' their band?  Don't give a damn.

Fuck 'em and let 'em eat fish heads.

When the Horns went to South Bend to play Notre Dame a few years ago, I was there.  They were remodeling part of the stadium, and I sat on a 2 X 12 rotting pine board.  Their band stood in the corners of the stadium….seats went to the fans.  Found that interesting.

16 minutes ago, Duane Moore said:

Since Saban got things rolling at Bama in 2008, they have played an intersectional OOC game against a “name” P5 program in the first or second game every year except for the Covid year of 2020. I’ll exclude Duke in 2019 because it’s Duke. That’s 12 games in all. 

In those games, Bama is 12-0. The closest margin of victory was 10 points (33-23 WVU in 2014 and 34-24 VT in 2009).  The largest margin of victory was 46 (52-6 USC in 2016). The average score was 36.2-12.6. The median margin of victory was 22.5. 

Takeaway? Bama is extremely good at winning these games, and typically does so  in comfortable, but not humiliating fashion. 

not that it's a huge deal but how many of those 12 games have been true road games?

answer, not many. last time they won a true OOC Away game was in 2011. that was also the last time they played a true road OOC road game (that was a home & home with Penn St)

either way, it's kind of incredible for them to play 1 OOC road game in 10 years.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Duane Moore said:

The key here is the difference between a "name" program and a blueblood on an upward trajectory.  

18 minutes ago, SubliminalHorn said:

Looking at seats on StubHub and considering looking for seats that are somewhat shaded by the upper west side overhang. What row does the shade usually start on?

I'm in Section 7 and it hits row 60 at about 1:30-1:45PM.  The higher your row is the earlier you get shade

• Hook 'Em 1

To paraphrase:

On any given Saturday, you're going to win or lose.

They've got their men, we've got ours. Which men are willing to give the most.

1. Total focus in practice.                    2. Practice to win.      3. Lift up and support your brothers.                 4. Attack every play and every assignment like it was your last moment on earth.       4. Be willing to bleed and die for your brothers.             5. Don't worry about the scoreboard,  100% effort and mental focus and the scoreboard will take care of itself.       6. Leave the field knowing there is not 1 single thing more you could have done and you have left absolutely everything you have on the number field and you will not fail. 

HOOK 'EM!

Reformatted the damned thing 3 times and it won't stick...sorry

Edited by SHOOTER12
  • Hook 'Em 3

3 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

Dammmmmmmmmnnnnn!

This Alabama team is being anointed to god-like status. 

Well the last time I saw an opponent receive so much hype was when I was strolling across the Rose Bowl grounds two stepping to Big and Rich and shot gunning Buds with Ted Ferguson the Budweiser Daredevil.

As a result of all the hype, I am reversing course and now… 

image.gif.7f00b59e1f6b701bb46d24abdc983382.gif

Good analogy. I hope the horns show up and make a huge statement. Sick of the Bama dominance and saban arrogance. Hope sark has a plan. horns cannot lose by a score like 48-12  , otherwise it will be a bad omen for Sark

I am well aware of the fact that the No. 1 alabama crimson tide is making their way to austin this weekend with arguably the greatest coach in college football leading them into DKR. I am well aware of the fact that the reigning heisman trophy winner is on their team and has ample weapons to throw to. I am well aware of the fact that Texas is almost a three td underdog at home for a game that will be nationally televised.
If you're using that as evidence that Texas not only won't win but wont compete this saturday and are asking those around you to manage expectations.
well
rage-against-the-machine.gif

Here's why Texas is going to win:
-The Bama defensive line is stout, there's no questioning that, but if anything we've learned through recent years of 1) UT fotoball and 2) Kyle Flood that Texas plays phonebooth games decently well. The last time they played a phonebooth game, they won over KSU where all the quarterbacks on the field had hard ceilings. Is KSU bama? no. Are players like Hayden Conner, Kelvin Banks, and Cole Hutson better served by going forward? Yes. Then you add in Bijan Robinson, who's going to spray mustard all over the crimson turds.
-Quinn Ewers is going to ball out. If you don't believe this, then I have little else to say. The last time Quinn was in a situation like the one he faces Saturday, he led Southlake Carroll over Duncanville. I know it doesn't translate cleanly, I dont give that much of a fuck, but this is a winner at quarterback. A winner who can pass the fucking football better than anyone we seem to have had in the past decade. Get on board.
-This isn't the best Alabama offense. Bryce Young may disagree, and sure, whatever, fine. Compared to previous Bama offenses, they are 1) not as explosive 2) not as dominannt in the trenches and 3) utilizing a good, not great RB room. If anything, this will be a bama offense that tries to move the ball down the field in a process rather than in one play. That means more margin for error for Bill O Buttfuck to buttfuck their offense. Give me DeMarvion on Fatu all day, he's a Fatu fuck. 
-The Pole Assassin is on our side. If she is with us, who can be against us? Plus her husband is going to help us on special teams, an area that isn't a huge weakness for Bama like it was on Saban teams of years past, but one that is weaker for them because we made ours stronger with Gia Monkey's stepfather.
-I dunno about Dallas Turner and Will Anderson. I can only pump so much sunshine.
This is an irrational board that does irrational things on an irrationally regular basis. We are beating bama. Join or die. Hook 'Em. 

4c3dd324c64f7fe34d7433e858d049d9.gif
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Awesome !!!

B-52's were first put in service around 1955. I don't know when the last airframe was made, but it had to have been a hell of a long time ago. Armybrat could probably tell us. If Eddie Ricketyback's going to crash on the flyover, at least let it hit the 'Bama sideline. (I've got under 64.5) 

I shouldn't complain--at least it's not a DC-3 . . .

8 minutes ago, Ravishing Rick said:

Here's why I'm optimistic.  There is only one team that has played Alabama multiple times and is undefeated against the Tide.  3-0, never lost to them.

Hide contents

my alma mater, the fearsome Rice Owls

Yeah, that seems really important and relevant.

All the players have to do is execute Sark’s first half script. And then just call some semi-legal flag football plays in the second half. And maybe not punt…still pissed this isn’t a night game but whatever. Hook’em. I’ve either heard we will get squashed like a pathetic bug or we will win. I just want to play well enough to show we belong on the damn field. A win would be outstanding.  But if we can’t win can we at least look like we belong? 

• Hook 'Em 3