Game Week- Alabama

Wulaw Horn

I believe we give the opponent something like 4,000 tickets which has been the B12 standard allotment (because it was the Big 8 standard allotment, the SWC standard was actually 10K).  If they chose to sell those instead of sending their band, that's a matter of their own priorities.

20 minutes ago, The Beast said:

Nobody gives a shit about the band.

11 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Isn’t this part of home field advantage? Why would we want their band celebrating every first down in our own house?  Allowing them limited seats in a bad section seems smart if they wanted to bring anyone 

7 minutes ago, utee94 said:

I believe we give the opponent something like 4,000 tickets which has been the B12 standard allotment (because it was the Big 8 standard allotment, the SWC standard was actually 10K).  If they chose to sell those instead of sending their band, that's a matter of their own priorities.

It's just more "big bad Texas is the bad guy, poor humble Alabama is being screwed over" nonsense. 

• Hook 'Em 3

51 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Isn’t this part of home field advantage? Why would we want their band celebrating every first down in our own house?  Allowing them limited seats in a bad section seems smart if they wanted to bring anyone 

YOU MAKE THEM SIT WAY UP THERE WE AINT BRINGING TH EMILLION DOLLAR BAND AT ALL!1111

nick-saban-the-devils-300x265.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

^

I still remember the late 90's LB/DE, Brandon "Red Nut" Nava.  And his name was folded out in the chairs for what seemed like 2 or 3 seasons.  I don't know how. 

I follow college football closer than most.  And I was there when we played Alabama.  But I was today year's old when I learned Alabama's band is called "The Million Dollar Band."  And I was bummed as shit to find out the band director is not, in fact, Ted DiBiase.  

Edited by YGIFS
  • Hook 'Em 6

11 minutes ago, Zeus said:

In the last 24 hours I've seen hot takes criticizing Sark for not showing more faith in his team with his quotes and criticizing Overshown for showing too much faith in his team with his quotes.

The internet was a mistake.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

I think based on all the buzz and circus around this game it is going to cut to one extreme or the other.  Either the team is focused and beats bama by a couple TDs +/- or they are deer in headlights and get beat by a couple TDs.  I don't see a blowout either way.

Regardless of the outcome I think we are going to see why Saban is pouting about having a blueblood in his conference.  He's about to learn he doesn't get to steamroll a weak division to a championship game anymore.  Sidenote but I see him retiring before he has to start going through both us and ou en route to a conference championship.

People bitching about where the band nerds sit make my head want to explode. Son of a fucking bitch, nobody with any sense at all should give a shit. 
Also, not a single black cheerleader for Alabama? How the fuck does that happen?  My high school was about 10-12% black. One of our 8 cheerleaders was always black or there would have been a riot. How you gonna have 20 cheerleaders and they are all white? 

• Like 1

No matter how I look at this game, I can’t see us winning, and mostly because of the defense. We just don’t have the dogs yet.

But if there is any chance, it’s going to be because of Bijan. Aggy beat Bama last year by finding success in the run game and the short passing game which relied heavily on the tight end. That’s a game plan we can possibly match.

But the defense…yuck.

11 hours ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

Christ almighty I thought LSU was pussified but you didn't even wait until your plane landed before you started crying! Boohoo our band can't come! Boohoo I gotta walk up a bunch of stairs to my seat! fricking pathetic!

The atmosphere will be electrifying. You will see smoking hot Longhorn babes with those tan vests and fringe hanging off everywhere. Several east Texas heffers with big old tiddy's in a white tank top with the longhorn skull on their cleavage area. Oil money dudes drinking Shiners in their Polo button downs. Loud, loud, loud. Bulls and cattle running everywhere.  

Everyone will have a blast. Stop crying.

None of their double wides have A/C so I see this as a home field advantage for them.  PS: This has Aggie written all over it.  

12 minutes ago, Ghost of Shag said:

No matter how I look at this game, I can’t see us winning, and mostly because of the defense. We just don’t have the dogs yet.

But if there is any chance, it’s going to be because of Bijan. Aggy beat Bama last year by finding success in the run game and the short passing game which relied heavily on the tight end. That’s a game plan we can possibly match.

But the defense…yuck.

Got to hope/believe/pray this is the game Patterson circled back in January and will work up some of that old magic he always used against Texas.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Horn Dogg said:

Yeah, but would you eat her pussy?  I just got a text from the devil and he said he might undo his deal with Saban if you were willing to dive in on that tough ass muff.

Paging @Uncle Boobs

1 hour ago, The Dog said:

I was in the endzone of the Cotton Bowl for this game and remember laying down on the bleacher seats watching Texas score. We won and I remember my parents, particularly my shirtless father waving his shirt around in celebration, being so happy and young. I miss those days. We can win this game, but it'll be tough. Here's to the team being tough enough. 🤘

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, TexArcher said:

God damn, Bama's got some aggy to 'em.  How can you still be bitchy when you win all the time?  Must be little dicks, right?

Not as many of them, but there are a lot more than you'd think. They are very offended by the idea that anyone could ever be better than them, even for two quarters. 

Just now, LTtxfan said:

I might be wrong, but getting Bijan going early is probably gonna be tough -- Saban's defense will try to take that away initially. 

That’s exactly what Saban will do. . Saban makes other teams play left handed. He’s going to load up on the run and make Quinn Ewers live up to the hype.!! 

im actually excited to see what the freshman does!!! 

• Hook 'Em 3