Huge Piece of Shit and alleged Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi

The Ace of Aces

44 minutes ago, SL Xpress said:

Who's talking about legal advice? I'm talking about pontificating. Not really about message board posts. Real life, face to face pontificating, with no risk of malpractice. Like I said previously, way better if you can get two attorneys in the same room who both want to spitball. 

I’ve never heard a lawyer pontificate in a social setting and give any kind of CYA mumble jumbo while doing it, but then again I tend to tune them out at the first mention of anything other than do you want another beer or where are we going next. I mean @trophtried to give me advice but damn I still want to steal their dog.

im still at the stage where I can’t even believe we are having this conversation. Sucks for everyone. At some point I guess I’ll post something on the basketball thread in a selfish way when emotions die down, but man I’m devastated.

56 minutes ago, SL Xpress said:

Very debasing song.

You're a debaser.

• Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, statsman said:

Pro tip- save your employer’s “Employee Assistance Program” (counseling for mental health, substance abuse, whatever) number as a contact. When your girlfriend/fiancée/spouse comes to you after an argument and proudly declares that she has called the police, immediately call the EAP and self report for anger issues. (This is also what you do when your employer tells you they will be giving you a drug test that you know you will fail). 

I don’t know if this works for guys like Beard, working on an individual contract, but it will work for most of the rest of us. 

This is actually very smart advice.  Beard is clearly either a dipshit, or he and his lady have been smacking eachother for some time.

23 minutes ago, justhookit said:

I’ve never heard a lawyer pontificate in a social setting and give any kind of CYA mumble jumbo while doing it, but then again I tend to tune them out at the first mention of anything other than do you want another beer or where are we going next. I mean @trophtried to give me advice but damn I still want to steal their dog.

im still at the stage where I can’t even believe we are having this conversation. Sucks for everyone. At some point I guess I’ll post something on the basketball thread in a selfish way when emotions die down, but man I’m devastated.

Ask me how I know you were not in a fraternity at UT...

53 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

There's no play here.  There's no angle.  There's no champagne room.  I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor.

Given that he didn't have a lawyer at arraignment, I think it's fairly clear he didn't have one to call and didn't call one probably until he was jailed.

Such a great scene and film. 

• Like 1
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, Horn Dog said:

Since absolutely nothing is happening, while we wait for Beard to be fired,  can we go over when it's OK to kick the cat (always) or dog (never)? 

A couple years ago some famous Woman was brutalized in social media for saying how her dog was doing something under her desk and she had to kick it out of the way.

I don't remember the details but the way she originally said it, it was pretty obvious that she just moved the dog away with her foot.
She didn't actually "kick" it.  

But the social justice warriors of the world did everything they could to get her fired from her job.

While we wait, I'll ask the question.  Do you think the University moves faster if this is Shaka in his last year where program trajectory is completely opposite that it is now.  I'd like to think it would be treated the same, but the reality is I think it's a much easier decision to toss a losing coach on his ass.

Talking about the "pace", Beard could be on unpaid suspension indefinitely.  Is there any possibility at all here that there are mitigating circumstances, APD over-reacted, Beard's lawyer gets the charge reduced to a misdemeanor, Beard is suspended for this season without pay, does some community service and rehab or whatever, then gets reinstated for next season?  or nah?  Seems like a final decision from the University would have to be made before the end of the year at the latest, just from a pragmatic point of view for staff, players, coaches for next season.

3 hours ago, statsman said:

Pro tip- save your employer’s “Employee Assistance Program” (counseling for mental health, substance abuse, whatever) number as a contact. When your girlfriend/fiancée/spouse comes to you after an argument and proudly declares that she has called the police, immediately call the EAP and self report for anger issues. (This is also what you do when your employer tells you they will be giving you a drug test that you know you will fail). 

I don’t know if this works for guys like Beard, working on an individual contract, but it will work for most of the rest of us. 

Except the managers conversation will go like this:

So when was his first contact with EAP?

-The night of the arrest. 
Anything before?

-Nope. 
OK well he’s fired. 

• Like 2

That awkward moment when you're about to enter into the most important legal battle of your life.  Your reputation, opportunity for future leadership positions, and even physical freedom are at stake.  And you realize your lawyer's expertise are construction law, torts, and real estate.  And the opposition's counsel literally prosecutes only bad guys for a very famous living.    

2 hours ago, statsman said:

In that case, you self report for drug dependency, not anger. (The idea is that you can’t be fired for issues you are undergoing treatment for). This doesn’t get you home scot free, but it buys time (your employer will probably put you in a probationary/monitoring program, with failure to adhere leading directly to termination of employment.) It’s kind of a Costanza move. 

What do you call it if you don't self-report and then sue for wrongful termination?

12 minutes ago, CycleTex87 said:

Talking about the "pace", Beard could be on unpaid suspension indefinitely.  Is there any possibility at all here that there are mitigating circumstances, APD over-reacted, Beard's lawyer gets the charge reduced to a misdemeanor, Beard is suspended for this season without pay, does some community service and rehab or whatever, then gets reinstated for next season?  or nah?  Seems like a final decision from the University would have to be made before the end of the year at the latest, just from a pragmatic point of view for staff, players, coaches for next season.

I mean, i'm no lawyer, but it seems like this could be one potential outcome if the fiance recants, Beard provides true cover to the University through rehab and a real mea culpa to the public, and his suspension is long-enough to penalize him for his behavior.

Morally??? Idk if that is a good outcome. I'll leave that to those more moral than me to opine.

28 minutes ago, CycleTex87 said:

There's no way that Texas is going have TV announcers and opposing fans talk about how our team allowed both a player and a coach with domestic violence charges to continue on as if nothing happened.

Maybe he'd have an out if Morris had been kicked off the team or faced punishment. But letting Morris slide already looked sketchy AF imo and now limits any ability to give Beard a path back to coaching at the University of Texas.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

While we wait, I'll ask the question.  Do you think the University moves faster if this is Shaka in his last year where program trajectory is completely opposite that it is now.  I'd like to think it would be treated the same, but the reality is I think it's a much easier decision to toss a losing coach on his ass.

i think it is handled differently if a guy is 4 years into a 5 year deal and on a downward trajectory vs if he is like 1+ years into a 7 year deal.

• Hook 'Em 1

it's a tough reading the details of what allegedly happened in print.. What's going to be the reaction when the photos are leaked? This woman seems the scorch the earth type.. If Chris doesn't set a wedding day, I can see her saying fuck you, I'm going all in painting you as the devil.

Just now, MotownHorn said:

There's no way that Texas is going have TV announcers and opposing fans talk about how our team allowed both a player and a coach with domestic violence charges to continue on as if nothing happened.

Maybe he'd have an out if Morris had been kicked off the team or faced punishment. But letting Morris slide already looked sketchy AF imo and now limits any ability to give Beard a path back to coaching at the University of Texas.

It'll be our coach vs the world mantra and we cut down the nets as NATIONAL CHAMPIONS!!!!!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, MotownHorn said:

Lowell alone will be repeating the arrest details every 3 minutes.

Edited by OU Sucks
  • Rage+1 9

4 minutes ago, MotownHorn said:

At least we wouldn't be accused of hypocrisy..

- Norm MacDonald

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

This is already a non story outside the Austin centric bubble of this website. The University can't make a decision yet because what happens when the charges get dropped, become a class 3 misdemeanor, or she recants or becomes uncooperative. You give the drunk football coach a second chance that by the grace of god didn't dui on top of a kid on his tricycle, but no second chances for what may have been a slap fight between two people that bring the worst out of each other.

Nobody knows shit yet. At least Nobody on this site. I'm glad actual adults are making the final decision.

• Hook 'Em 7

23 minutes ago, ChickenNuggets said:

I mean, i'm no lawyer, but it seems like this could be one potential outcome if the fiance recants, Beard provides true cover to the University through rehab and a real mea culpa to the public, and his suspension is long-enough to penalize him for his behavior.

Morally??? Idk if that is a good outcome. I'll leave that to those more moral than me to opine.

AnimaniacsWheelOfMorality.gif.1272ca4e5c0492f975ea7e7d95e11a3f.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, ChickenNuggets said:

Rehab for what and why? The affidavit says alcohol wasn't involved. I'm no PR wizard but I'm pretty sure your problem needs to involve substance abuse for rehab to help. 

10 minutes ago, DaysOff said:

This is already a non story outside the Austin centric bubble of this website. The University can't make a decision yet because what happens when the charges get dropped, become a class 3 misdemeanor, or she recants or becomes uncooperative. You give the drunk football coach a second chance that by the grace of god didn't dui on top of a kid on his tricycle, but no second chances for what may have been a slap fight between two people that bring the worst out of each other.

Nobody knows shit yet. At least Nobody on this site. I'm glad actual adults are making the final decision.

Billy Madison Shut Up GIF

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, scottsins said:

Exactly what would you expect his lawyer to have done on scene, other than to just stop Beard from making a couple of comments to the cops? Do we know if he incriminated himself?

Otherwise a lawyer on the scene isn’t going to talk the cops out of arresting/charging him. That’s not how it works.

If he said a single word to the cops, then yeah, he probably said something that will ensure he can't completely come out clean on this.

• immamac changed the title to Huge Piece of Shit and Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi
  • immamac changed the title to Huge Piece of Shit and alleged Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi