New GOP Congressman's entire resume is faked

Orale

19 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

If this is what he actually sent out, he has a bit of an issue using parenthetical notation. 
see 1) third bullet under Goldman Sachs section

and 2) bachelors notation of suny

theres also a couple of bullets that are two independent ideas with not punctuation separating them, but a capitalized word to differentiate them under the metglobal section. 

So what's next, his claims that Mavis Beacon was his personal tutor for typing up and sending out his resume are going to be proven false?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, TexasHooch said:

The local newspaper North Shore Leader discovered it and reported on it months ago.  It was ignored.

Here's a short (5 minutes) interview with the publisher.

https://www.wbur.org/hereandnow/2023/01/05/north-shore-leader-george-santos

I guess nobody there can afford TV ads.  Sorry anyone in politics will tell you this falls on the Democrats.  They took shit for granted in NY and that’s a mortal sin.  Hopefully lessons were learned, lol…who are we kidding? 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

8 hours ago, Mdhorn said:

Let's see how the Christians feel about openly lying to the electorate? But what about that Ten Commandments thingy?   They're good with it as long as they pick up a seat?  Well then, congrats on your new position representing Christians in the Republican Party--the party of faith and values.  

brian-cox-laughing-at-you.gif

6 hours ago, The Dog said:

I think he's done. We'll see how long it takes to happen but I'm with @Longhorn_Fan68, I think Santos is gone one way or another. And probably sooner than later.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

If this is what he actually sent out, he has a bit of an issue using parenthetical notation. 
see 1) third bullet under Goldman Sachs section

and 2) bachelors notation of suny

theres also a couple of bullets that are two independent ideas with not punctuation separating them, but a capitalized word to differentiate them under the metglobal section. 

The most egregious thing, even more than claiming to be top 1%, is the utter disdain and insulting of our intelligence to think anyone would think that you could work at Goldman coming from a non-target, much less a CUNY. It's like he never even researched the high finance and banking industry at all, yet lied through his teeth about it.

I can't imagine he wasn't sniffed out by most discerning New Yorkers in Manhattan and in the FiDi, which is why he spent his time on Long Island, I guess.

1 minute ago, HamsterHookah said:

The most egregious thing, even more than claiming to be top 1%, is the utter disdain and insulting of our intelligence to think anyone would think that you could work at Goldman coming from a non-target, much less a CUNY. It's like he never even researched the high finance and banking industry at all, yet lied through his teeth about it.

I can't imagine he wasn't sniffed out by most discerning New Yorkers in Manhattan and in the FiDi, which is why he spent his time on Long Island, I guess.

Something jumped out to me about the top 1% thing.  His GPA was a 3.89.   With a student body of just under 16k that means that top 1% of the senior class was 40 people at the max and probably closer to 30.  3.89 seems kind of low to be top 1%.

And as for the resume in general, coming from someone currently looking for a new job, that thing is a mess.   

• Hook 'Em 4

4 minutes ago, The Dog said:

a) he's a massive electoral liability for NY GOP
b) losing a republican in congress doesn't really affect them this congress, they can't get anything done but show votes and investigations into hunter biden anyway
c) taking this position is basically all upside.  anyone who thinks it through at all is going to take this position. 

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, Satchel said:

I’m generally not the pearl clutching type, but now that the Magas have removed magnetometers from the House chamber entry points, what’s to stop an unhinged George Santos from acting on his crazy and shooting up the place?

Boebert and the others that insist on carrying in the chamber will swiftly and accurately eliminate the threat with callous precision and no collateral damage. 

12 hours ago, Satchel said:

In a weird sort of way, it’s hard not to feel some compassion for a guy who is so obviously disordered. Watching him move around the chamber, grinning, seemingly without a care in the world, is bizarre. He’s mentally ill.

I feel nothing for him. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Satchel said:

In a weird sort of way, it’s hard not to feel some compassion for a guy who is so obviously disordered. Watching him move around the chamber, grinning, seemingly without a care in the world, is bizarre. He’s mentally ill.

11 hours ago, Satchel said:

I’m generally not the pearl clutching type, but now that the Magas have removed magnetometers from the House chamber entry points, what’s to stop an unhinged George Santos from acting on his crazy and shooting up the place?

I don't think he's crazy, I think he's a foreign plant, which is extraordinarily dangerous. Otherwise, being a compulsive liar isn't in and of itself a mental illness, it just means he's an asshole. That would be the most benign of the possibilities. But like Brisket says, by the end of the year I bet he has substantial support amongst those who live only on "lib tears." They literally don't care who he is as long as he makes libs mad.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

I don't think he's crazy, I think he's a foreign plant, which is extraordinarily dangerous. Otherwise, being a compulsive liar isn't in and of itself a mental illness, it just means he's an asshole. That would be the most benign of the possibilities. But like Brisket says, by the end of the year I bet he has substantial support amongst those who live only on "lib tears." They literally don't care who he is as long as he makes libs mad.

A foreign plant from where? I mean, ex KGB would do MUCH better than this dipshit. Maybe this is the work of Turkmenistan?

16 hours ago, pantone159 said:

The part of his background to figure out is who financed Santos. Both his campaign, and also how he improved his personal finances in the past couple of years, with no obvious job skills or initial connections to do that.

McCarthy could have nipped this in the bud.  But he needed the vote to win the speakership.  So instead of a minor transitory scandal in January 2023, he's going to get a very large scandal sometime closer to the next election.

I guarantee you it's something financial and it's very, very dirty.  And the Democrats will make the Republicans in New York wallow in their association with George Santos.

24 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

It's not even his real name?

I swear, this is the exact accent of all my in-laws.

Fuck--that dude is probably a cousin-in-law or some goddamned thing.

• Hook 'Em 1

25 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

A foreign plant from where? I mean, ex KGB would do MUCH better than this dipshit. Maybe this is the work of Turkmenistan?

Russia. They saw (and likely helped) us elect a compulsive liar and joke of a human being as president, why not another as a Congressman? Hell, it could have just been a test case to determine exactly how stupid and divided an electorate exists in the United States, and we failed miserably yet again. Active measures and whatnot. 

Edited by 'stache

Russia. They saw (and likely helped) us elect a compulsive liar and joke of a human being as president, why not another as a Congressman? Hell, it could have just been a test case to determine exactly how stupid and divided an electorate exists in the United States, and we failed miserably yet again. Active measures and whatnot. 

I just think they would have done a little it’s bitsy but better at covering tracks.

26 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

You're talking about the same intelligence organization that had copies of the Sims video game planted in photos in order demonstrate a Ukrainian conspiracy to assassinate Russian journalists. Presumably, someone was told to place 3 sims in the photo and didn't realize the request was for SIM cards.  

image.png.250148bdc78a716f9eed741acfa4a4a5.png

https://www.vice.com/en/article/88gpmg/russia-sims-3

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

15 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

I just think they would have done a little it’s bitsy but better at covering tracks.

I mean it didn't come out until after the election, so it was hidden well enough when it mattered. And I think their sole purpose was to test the electorate. "I wonder if we could just make things up and see if they are really so stupid and divided that he can get elected." And he did. I truly think it was just a test which they thought might fail and instead proved to them the depths of the failure of our democracy.

1 hour ago, TexasHooch said:

YOU weren't elected by anyone!  The 100% fabricated character you created out of thin air was.

Of course Matt Gaetz is giving this fucker a platform.

Look at his eyes in that video. Look at them. They're gleeful. This guy is a sociopath, and he's getting off on ALL of this.