the 2023 speaker of the house voting thread of implosion

henrygandorf

48 minutes ago, TexEx15 said:

They have no interest in governing. Their dear leader has turned it into a reality show for the base and ratings is all that matters.

Nancy should know better than to bring up how well she treated ex-Speaker Dennis Hastert (who is now a convicted pedophile) just to make her point about how fucked up they’re treating her.

This is the type of shit Qs love to use when creating fairytales about Dems being a bunch of fucking pedophiles. “Well Nancy gave Dennis the good office so he could diddle kids privately, and his office was well known as the gathering spot for all the liberal Democrat pedophiles to worship Satan in between House votes…” I can hear it now being twisted to blame the Dems again. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Bow tie Speaker Pro Tem is hella mad. First, the gavel. Now this:

52 min ago

Pelosi says interim speaker McHenry has ordered her to vacate her office in the Capitol building

From CNN's Haley Talbot and Dana Bash

Former House Speaker Nancy Pelosi said interim speaker, GOP Rep. Patrick McHenry, has ordered her to vacate her office in the Capitol building.

She maintains her regular office in the Cannon House building.

CNN viewed an email that was sent just after 6 p.m. ET from McHenry’s office to Pelosi’s office: 

“Going to reassign h-132 for speaker office use. Please vacate the space tomorrow.”

"Sadly, because I am in California to mourn the loss of and pay tribute to my dear friend Dianne Feinstein, I am unable to retrieve my belongings at this time,” Pelosi said in a statement, referring to the California senatorwho died last week. 

She added: 

“This eviction is a sharp departure from tradition. As Speaker, I gave former Speaker Hastert a significantly larger suite of offices for as long as he wished,” she said. “Office space doesn’t matter to me, but it seems to be important to them. Now that the new Republican Leadership has settled this important matter, let’s hope they get to work on what’s truly important for the American people.”

CNN has reached out to McHenry.

Shit, sorry. Info already posted.

Edited by C-Man
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, MrBig said:

Nancy should know better than to bring up how well she treated ex-Speaker Dennis Hastert (who is now a convicted pedophile) just to make her point about how fucked up they’re treating her.

This is the type of shit Qs love to use when creating fairytales about Dems being a bunch of fucking pedophiles. “Well Nancy gave Dennis the good office so he could diddle kids privately, and his office was well known as the gathering spot for all the liberal Democrat pedophiles to worship Satan in between House votes…” I can hear it now being twisted to blame the Dems again. 

I1V.gif

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 3

36 minutes ago, MrBig said:

the wolf of wall street idgaf GIF

1 minute ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

Gonna need to see Trump's birth certificate now.

Please please please have a vote on it and have Trump lose. He will call it rigged, blame the voting machines, file 55+ lawsuits, and have his simpleton army storm the Capitol.

Y’all who seem to think that Trump won’t be speaker because “he doesn’t know how to do the job and doesn’t want to do the job”…dudes. He felt the same way about the presidency, and he was happy to hold that office for 4 years and wants it to be 4 more. Because it’s not about the office or the job. It’s about the ego, the worship, the cult, playing to the crowd, being a reality Tv star, etc.
His tenure as speaker will be just like his tenure as POTUS: zero leadership or accomplishments, just 20 new outrageous statements, ideas, etc per day.
It’s going to happen. And y’all know it is.

• Rage+1 1

4 hours ago, UTGrad98 said:

Chat GPT just told me this

The absence of a Speaker of the House is a significant disruption to the legislative process. It means that the House cannot pass any bills, and it also means that the House cannot investigate or impeach the president.

hello shutdown in 40 whatever days

8 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Y’all who seem to think that Trump won’t be speaker because “he doesn’t know how to do the job and doesn’t want to do the job”…dudes. He felt the same way about the presidency, and he was happy to hold that office for 4 years and wants it to be 4 more. Because it’s not about the office or the job. It’s about the ego, the worship, the cult, playing to the crowd, being a reality Tv star, etc.
His tenure as speaker will be just like his tenure as POTUS: zero leadership or accomplishments, just 20 new outrageous statements, ideas, etc per day.
It’s going to happen. And y’all know it is.

Lol.  It’s beneath him.  He only wants to be King.  He tried to make himself one last time.  And he will try again if he wins.  But the only way is through the Presidency.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Gee, not like he'd be above selling new committee assignments for cash or PAC donations.  Nothing can stop a speaker from overhauling committee slots in the middle of a seated Congress.  

What he's likely going to do is try and have Biden and Harris removed from Earth so he can re-assume the POTUS spot without the nuisance of an election.  Oh right, right...he doesn't have any loyal known traitors on the inside of the Secret Service.  Totes forgot.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 2

1 hour ago, MrBig said:

Fuck em. Let em froth.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, SimonBolivar said:

What R is going to vote against him publicly? 

There’s like 215 of them. They don’t all like the guy. Shit, they could have done this a year ago but they were determined to go round and round until McCarthy neutered himself enough to get it- which allowed for this to happen with one vote in the first place. 

Lol.  It’s beneath him.  He only wants to be King.  He tried to make himself one last time.  And he will try again if he wins.  But the only way is through the Presidency.  

Dude. The answer is “both.” He wants to hold both. At the same time. What’s that, you think he can’t? [laughs in Alito]
What R is going to vote against him publicly? 

BINGO.
The entire party fears their base.
The speakership is Trump’s if he wants it.

Yeah 218 votes to overlook the fact he isn't a House Members, isn't under indictment for violating the 14th amendment, and won't fuck them over in 2024 election efforts to maintain the house, and will be a horrible Speaker.  But 218 votes to overturn bullshit Rule 26.......that's just beyond the pale for these people?  That''s gonna be the big sticking point?  Come on man.  That's the fucking easy part.  It'll be done by Columbus Day.  The real shitshow starts next week. 

Good point.  A MAGA "student of the constitution" reminds us that a new Congress is seated in 2025 before the 2024 Presidential election results are tabulated by the Congress and weeks before an inauguration.  Throwing the House (and possibly again with the Senate) back to the Democrats would negate their efforts to reseat electors and/or have the election taken back to the States.  

but the civil war is coming.  He's going to rile up his base not to storm the Capitol, but to pressure their Reps to install him as House Speaker and then order them, in vague terms, to take out Biden and Harris, thus elevating him to POTUS.  When he can then pardon himself.  This was never a Mason-Dixon or Blue State/Red State civil war.  They're going to murder one another and their own government.  Forget ammo, buy gold and canned food.  2024 is going to be fucking insane.  

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Trump? Help the Republican Party?

oh no, it would have to benefit him somehow. Financially or something 

Exactly.  Wtf would it do for him?  The house is dogshit compared to the senate.  Once someone explains what the house and senate are he will back down.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, hobbes2702 said:

the wolf of wall street idgaf GIF

Exactly. They're going to make claims like those either way. They've become the Westboro Baptist Church of politics. "There are only two types of people who aren't us: fags pedophiles and fag pedophile enablers."

• Hook 'Em 2

I guess nothing should surprise me anymore, but it’s crazy and more than a little disheartening that McCarthy and his allies immediately started trying to blame the Dems for this. How does any voter not see right through that horseshit?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Exactly.  Wtf would it do for him?  The house is dogshit compared to the senate.  Once someone explains what the house and senate are he will back down.  

And therein lies the problem. The vast majority of people in America have no idea this is going on. My wife barely knows and I'd be surprised if any member of her family knows. Americans, even very educated ones, have largely been conditioned to tune out because it's just all so much bullshit. The Republic is in ruin. 

That a-hole Burchett from Tennessee who said Chip Roy is a smart man who’d make a wonderful Speaker was on CNN a few mins ago and floated some truly awful names for McCarthy’s replacement — Jim Jordan, Elise Stefanek. He said Mark Green or Scalise. Said they could probably pass those on the first vote.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Mdhorn said:

Trump thought the president was a king.  He has no clue what the speaker does, nor cares.  If he is told that the position can serve him, then he will pursue it.  People act like he's playing chess, checkers, or battleship, but he's incapable of winning at any of these.  He's an oaf that eats hamberders and drinks his water with both hands.  His handlers are the ones that direct him on the position, which is why everybody around him was and is complicit.  He did not know the first thing about Executive orders, pardons, laws, Bill of and Constitutional Rights, or navigating the position of Chief Executive.  He was guided the whole way.   And if someone explains to him that the Speaker of the House is the most powerful position in office and oversees the president, then he'll become Speaker. But people still applying logic to any of this after the past 6+ years and counting, have learned nothing.  The rule of law will only apply to him when it hangs or jails him, and not a moment before.      

I agree with a lot of what you're saying but his handlers have tried to convince him several times to help the party and he gives absolutely zero fucks.  See the Georgia Senate race.  'Go help the R party and be speaker of the house' isn't gonna do a fucking thing for his two brain cells.  Sorry, but if there's something he knows, it's MEEEEEEEE. 

10 hours ago, Js1 said:

There's only 425 in the House today (2 vacancies, 8 absences in the first attendance check), so he can only afford to lose 5. If all Dems vote aye (207), So far there's 4 - PedoGaetz, Crane, Goode, Burchett.  Biggs is a mystery and Buck was on TV bitching about McCarthy.  So it's going to be close. 

Hell the Dems should get a few Rs in Biden won districts to switch parties.

32 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

I agree with a lot of what you're saying but his handlers have tried to convince him several times to help the party and he gives absolutely zero fucks.  See the Georgia Senate race.  'Go help the R party and be speaker of the house' isn't gonna do a fucking thing for his two brain cells.  Sorry, but if there's something he knows, it's MEEEEEEEE. 

Yep, if he thinks it can bungle any of his trials or run out the clock, he's all in.  He needs help from above and the closest thing to a lifeline is Speaker at this very moment.  Logic and the limits of the position says it can't, but what's his alternative? They created a law stating that the president could not be tried while in office just for him.  I half assed expect SCOTUS to rule that Trump as speaker couldn't be tried while in office, based on bullshit.  

Aside from needing a fatter chimp, how prescient was Stanley Kubrick to envision Trump as Speaker:

image.png.af5fc9600620b683ba2e077faca0c81c.png

Edited by Mdhorn

The dems really fucked this up as usual. Who do they think is going to be the next speaker? Some middle of the road dude? No, it’s going to be some Q fuck face who will be 50x worse. They could have neutered Goetz and Q, but now they have empowered them…

• Haha 2
  • Fuck You 2