45 indicated

Cairn Horn88

2 minutes ago, dcbc said:

He's likely paying her at least $5M.  Under the strange procedural circumstances, I wonder if they could move to increase the supercedeas bond?  Or are they stuck with the one they have.

Well, I think this would be a separate appeal of a separate judgment and require a separate bond in the amount of judgment.

Going to be a bit tougher to post this one.  Does Carroll dare attempt to collect pending appeal?

28 minutes ago, yoladu said:

Oh? You should tune in to FoxNews. They were talking about the border when I flipped over. 

I wonder if the average maga cultist is even aware of today’s events. 

I stand corrected. Jesse Watters is interviewing throuples now. 

Edited by yoladu
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Well, I think this would be a separate appeal of a separate judgment and require a separate bond in the amount of judgment.

Going to be a bit tougher to post this one.  Does Carroll dare attempt to collect pending appeal?

I think that was already covered somewhere above, but yeah, I think it's a separate bond for each appeal. that's why everyone is chuckling over the fact that if he keeps yapping he'll get dragged right back to court. and she'll collect the money. 

what does she have to lose at this point? she's already a target of the maga hoard. if she's the one to actually bring him down, she'll be a heroine. funny thing is, if it's not her it's likely another woman along the way that will.

25 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

That's what I figured.  So does the $5M bond posted to appeal the judgment on liability and initial damages apply to her ability to recover the "amended" amount?  Probably?

3 hours ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

I don't give a fuck. I spent a day and a half inside a 2 man cell (part time) with 5 other guys for an unpaid no liability insurance traffic ticket in The Land Of The Free apologizing to the guy sleeping on floor whose face was closest to the toilet while I was peeing when I was poor as fuck and it's nauseating seeing this fuckstick know he's only subject to his VIP Civil code of goddamn law and quite confident he'll never experience the same even though he should be rotting in Guantanamo. 

High Five Friends GIF by Amazon Freevee

• Drool 1

22 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

I think that was already covered somewhere above, but yeah, I think it's a separate bond for each appeal. that's why everyone is chuckling over the fact that if he keeps yapping he'll get dragged right back to court. and she'll collect the money. 

what does she have to lose at this point? she's already a target of the maga hoard. if she's the one to actually bring him down, she'll be a heroine. funny thing is, if it's not her it's likely another woman along the way that will.

I haven't paid close enough attention to this from a procedural standpoint.  And the idea of two separate damages trials stemming from one liability finding already is making my head hurt.  Or that might be the shingles vaccine I got earlier.

15 minutes ago, dcbc said:

I haven't paid close enough attention to this from a procedural standpoint.  And the idea of two separate damages trials stemming from one liability finding already is making my head hurt.  Or that might be the shingles vaccine I got earlier.

You slept with South Austin‘s mom, too?

• Prepare your anus 1

4 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

It will not.  You could have video evidence of the most despicable sex crimes and it would be minimized as his “locker room phase” by the MAGA faithful.  

That's mighty Baptist of them.

This trial turned out just how Trump wanted.  He wanted to lose, bigly.  Alina did exactly what she was supposed to.  

You can’t destroy the rule of law, which you’ve told your acolytes is sad and unfair, if you win trials.  You have to lose. Then you lose and it’s proof it was unfair, these judges and the jury and the deep state but you’ll fix it! After you’re president you’ll just declare everything you do or did legal and you had to, because the courts are so unfair. 

I am not kidding. Americans are like dodo birds, we are entirely unprepared to recognize what’s in front of us. We can’t conceive of a would be dictator losing his cases on purpose just to prove to everyone that it’s all unfair and we shouldn’t have laws apply to him. But that’s what’s happening. Winning court cases are for chumps, winning elections and never leaving means you never have to win a court case. 

• Like 4
  • Rage+1 3

29 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

This trial turned out just how Trump wanted.  He wanted to lose, bigly.  Alina did exactly what she was supposed to.  

You can’t destroy the rule of law, which you’ve told your acolytes is sad and unfair, if you win trials.  You have to lose. Then you lose and it’s proof it was unfair, these judges and the jury and the deep state but you’ll fix it! After you’re president you’ll just declare everything you do or did legal and you had to, because the courts are so unfair. 

I am not kidding. Americans are like dodo birds, we are entirely unprepared to recognize what’s in front of us. We can’t conceive of a would be dictator losing his cases on purpose just to prove to everyone that it’s all unfair and we shouldn’t have laws apply to him. But that’s what’s happening. Winning court cases are for chumps, winning elections and never leaving means you never have to win a court case. 

His followers don't need proof of anything other than him proclaiming it to be true.  If he were to win the upcoming election, he'll do his best to give himself a lifetime get out of jail card irrespective of however many civil/criminal trials he's involved in and whether or not he's found guilty.

He's not playing 4D chess.  He hires people who do/say what he wants.  It just doesn't work as well when he can't pay the judge and jury as well.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, GenXer said:

Do you have a gin preference?

I’m not a gin drinker but I suppose Tanqueray is the standard. I tried Esme gin and noticed a not insignificant flavor difference. Also, Tanqueray has 7% more ABV than Esme.

Not really. Aviation is good and I’ve also used Bombay and beefeater. It’s not worth using expensive stuff like Hendricks IMO. 

8 hours ago, G650 said:

For a Negroni I wouldn't use Tanqueray. I'm sure DDD will chime in with his picks, but ive always found Gunpowder Gin and Anitca the best combination. Something like Junipero or Aviation could be good as well. The London dry gins are a little too bland for a Negroni in my experience

So I stayed away from gin altogether for about 30 years after bad experiences at Debutant balls involving Tanqueray. 

recently came to the conclusion that my issue wasn’t gin but tonic (and of course too much gin). 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

So I stayed away from gin altogether for about 30 years after bad experiences at Debutant balls involving Tanqueray. 

recently came to the conclusion that my issue wasn’t gin but tonic (and of course too much gin). 

Went shopping this evening

9f519f45707aa54baff8fb895da948f7.jpg
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Drool 2

IMG_2278.gif.ec4e37586129ee75d183a2619d209621.gif

LIVE: Scene of the jury, leaving after the E Jean Carroll verdict. Defendant Trump had walked out during closing argument, and none of them looked at the well-done steak supporting Trump sitting in the row behind Trump’s counsel as they left the building.

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, DDD Dad said:

Not really. Aviation is good and I’ve also used Bombay and beefeater. It’s not worth using expensive stuff like Hendricks IMO. 

Lol. My take away from debutante balls is vodka is the go to martini. Also, God bless the taxi industry.

11 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

He lost. He has to pay. He hates nothing more than either of those.

I don't give a goddamn half-fuck what Trump hates. I give a fuck about measurable quality of life consequences. I hate a lot of things, Population Everyone. A corporation person as defined by the Supreme Court is only subject to their own VIP corporation people, separate parallel system of law and is fundamentally inviolate of America's cornerstone of "all men are created equal". To lay down, flare your butt cheeks, accept and enable without any semblance of resistance a system that launches gelatinous, silk-palmed, semi-literate fail fucks to the top Shit Mountain is a world every generation after should rightfully condemn us for.

• Hook 'Em 3

9 hours ago, NIUHuskies said:

Nice post and all, but all I can think of is that dog saying "AAAAHHHHH WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!"

And you may ask yourself, well, how did I get here?

8 hours ago, HornPhD said:

IMG_4567.jpeg.5ec816322eb1443f8d81b907c08fcae0.jpeg

Edited by Bullneck
  • Like 2

47 minutes ago, tbone_ said:

Odds of her actually collecting any of that $83m are about zero though, right?

If he appeals, he has to put the cash in escrow, or post a bond. 

So yeah, unless he prevails on appeal, she will collect. 

• Hook 'Em 1

54 minutes ago, tbone_ said:

Odds of her actually collecting any of that $83m are about zero though, right?

What about NYS running his businesses once his licenses are forfeited. I would imagine the monitor / trustee would have an obligation to pay the judgment.

5 hours ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

I don't give a goddamn half-fuck what Trump hates. I give a fuck about measurable quality of life consequences. I hate a lot of things, Population Everyone. A corporation person as defined by the Supreme Court is only subject to their own VIP corporation people, separate parallel system of law and is fundamentally inviolate of America's cornerstone of "all men are created equal". To lay down, flare your butt cheeks, accept and enable without any semblance of resistance a system that launches gelatinous, silk-palmed, semi-literate fail fucks to the top Shit Mountain is a world every generation after should rightfully condemn us for.

I agree with everything I could comprehend about the above. You quoted me for this fiery respsonse. I would like to add context:

image.png.0da61342fe0ee5596545857ecadbe72c.png

I was responding to that specific part of one of your posts. It doesn't mean nothing to him for the reasons I stated.

• Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, C-Man said:

Rudy saying Rudy things. Trump wasn’t convicted of rape, just sexual assault.

Rudy- “And second… you can be guilty of rape,  and the person can be a wacko!  You can still defend yourself from defamation!”

Host: “um….yea…”

IMG_5502.jpeg.354677558e6592312c172f8eaa1542b0.jpeg