Things not going well for Joe Rogan

Parliament

2 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

I just went down a large rabbit hole on the Atrazine conspiracy theory. Apparently there is a study that says 10% of frogs change from male to female after exposed to Atrazine. Mind blown. 

And that's how we get dinosaurs breeding and then terrorizing a theme park.

Edited by Biff Tannen
Lobo beat me to it
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Al_4_ISU said:

I think more than anything I just really fucking hate the modern Republican Party.  I'm not a Bernie Bro, I'm not particularly woke, but I also don't feel threatened by that particular movement at all, despite other straight white males telling me I should be.  I detest the anti-trans legislation running around the right wing circles, and am just turned off by the whole culture war in general.  As a straight white male that grew up Catholic and still sort of relates to it, I have never once in my life faced any sort of existential threat from the alleged gay agenda. 

Hear, hear.

On 6/19/2023 at 11:15 AM, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

*has childhood flashback to the lie that was Sea Monkeys*

angry ace ventura GIF

On 6/20/2023 at 9:12 AM, wildcat09 said:

The most annoying thing about RFK Jr. is how fucking boring a conspiracist he is. He could actually make a pretty compelling case that the CIA assassinated his father and uncle, or he could go real crazy and go all in on the QAnon shit about JFK Jr. still being alive. But no, he's just a basic bitch crank replacement-level "AIDS isn't real and vaccines cause autism" dipshit.

Yeah, he could really be pushing the assassination stuff, complete with "I've had a lot of people come up and tell me stuff.  My Uncle Teddy told me quite a few things he learned in the Senate, even though they tried to stop him by planting the dead body of a woman in a car that they claimed he drove off a bridge"

On 6/20/2023 at 5:10 PM, SizzleChest said:

TheOnion really kicking it into overdrive with all the Rogan articles last and this week.

My favorite is the what to say to Joe Rogan fans, the one about starting your own conspiracy theory: "Too bad he’s going to die next Presidents’ Day.”

• Haha 1

On 6/20/2023 at 7:58 AM, Al_4_ISU said:

A good example of this would be how little the Dems have done federally to legalize weed and end the drug war.  That alone would take such a burden off of Black America and lead to actual improved racial relations and help restore trust between the American people and a lot of their institutions.  

You're not wrong, but the VAST majority of Americans who get popped for drug related charges are in local state and county courts. Areas that are strongly Dem have passed myriad statutes addressing these issues, creating diversion courts, changes in sentencing, etc. 

Of course, then the complaints roll in that they're greenlighting rampant drug use in cities, so....

10 minutes ago, Foosters said:

You're not wrong, but the VAST majority of Americans who get popped for drug related charges are in local state and county courts. Areas that are strongly Dem have passed myriad statutes addressing these issues, creating diversion courts, changes in sentencing, etc. 

I love the fact that the rest of the country is cluck-clucking about weed use, while simultaneously smoking out, drinking copious amounts of Bud Light Coors Light while driving, and in many cases distilling moonshine.

On 6/20/2023 at 9:48 AM, Al_4_ISU said:

jeb-bush-please-clap.gif

In the sweater and nice but wrinkly pants, he looks like the kindly but clueless neighbor who asks what church you attend. He smiles when your answer is not his homo-hating, Trump-defending, put-the-Ten-Commandments-in-the- schools-and-courthouses branch of the Church of (We're Serious! It's Not a Joke!) Christ.

He's a bigger sllimeball than W when it came to leeching off Dad's national resume. Thank God the GOP found somebody far worse to nominate.

Sorry. I think the sight of Jeb after so long got me all triggered.

F Joe Rogan

• Hook 'Em 1

• 1 month later...
These are some of the dumbest people. Are country is being overcome with stupidity

“Our” but your point stands.

This is perhaps the most egregious thing this stupid Neanderthal has said yet. This is weapons-grade stupidity.
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

These are some of the dumbest people. Our country is being overcome with stupidity

Joe Rogan has the reasoning of my 7 year old with the confidence of my 5 year .

The man is operating on a child level and somehow he’s the king of the idiots.

It must be nice to be too dumb to realize you’re so full of shit.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Dnaguy said:

Joe Rogan has the reasoning of my 7 year old with the confidence of my 5 year .

The man is operating on a child level and somehow he’s the king of the idiots.

It must be nice to be too dumb to realize you’re so full of shit.

God.  Fucking.  Dammit.  

Every time this thread is bumped, I just can't wait for my next interaction with my moron "friend", who I am forced to interact with because of my wife's friendship with his wife, and it's all I can do to not just strangle him.

He's the absolute epitome of "just asking questions".  It's wild to watch.  He just busts out with the most random questions that have nothing to do with what anyone is talking about and I quickly realize it's because he just hit the pipe.  

It's like Jon Stewart in Half Baked. 

"Hey man...you ever wonder why otters don't have wings?  They'd be way cooler if they did!"

"No, no, I haven't."  

"Oh, well, that would be wild.  Also, I heard that the government is trying to suppress the aliens man!  We can't trust any of them man!  Biden!  Trump!  It doesn't matter!  They're all the same man!"

seinfeld-hippies-one-of-the-more-jarring

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

4 hours ago, SizzleChest said:

He's captive to his ever-dumber audience.  He's moving his bulllshit from level 6 or 7 to level 9 or 10.  His audience demands it.  He'll be fully Qanon / Alex Jones very soon.

When he was buying into the Apollo 11 didn't land bullshit, and then tried to walk it back after people ridiculed him, that was a pretty good sign that he's stupid as fuck.

5 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

When he was buying into the Apollo 11 didn't land bullshit, and then tried to walk it back after people ridiculed him, that was a pretty good sign that he's stupid as fuck.

When he was baiting people to lie down in clear coffins filled with cockroaches for prize money was the moose out front that shoulda told you he’s stupid as fuck.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

Motherfucker. I clicked on the tweet this morning and saw the rest.

On the topic of Trump, Rogan said: “He's being targeted… these are actions of a banana republic. You take your political rival and you arrest him, and specifically you charge him with things that you are f*cking guilty of…”

180 degrees from reality.  You dumb fuck.  He needs to be gone.

this has got to be a bridge too far, right? I mean, this isn't just asking questions. this is locking in step with fascist rhetoric and outright lies. how long are we a society going to tolerate this shit because I for one am fucking fed up with it. once again I wish there were stiffer and immediate penalties for lying. like struck by lightning penalties. ffs

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

this has got to be a bridge too far, right? I mean, this isn't just asking questions. this is locking in step with fascist rhetoric and outright lies. how long are we a society going to tolerate this shit because I for one am fucking fed up with it. once again I wish there were stiffer and immediate penalties for lying. like struck by lightning penalties. ffs

Eh, he's well within his rights to spout bullshit.  It's kind of a core value.

3 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

I mean for his employers/people who write his checks

those people are doing a simple calculation of revenues > costs on joe rogan, and that math adds up for them, i guess.

but yeah, if corporations were interested in, i dunno, societal fucking responsibility, then joe rogan would be deplatformed to youtube, who might also deplatform him for his flat out "aw shucks" lies.

i get tired of it when posters do it here, for fuck's sake. this guy has a national platform and microphone and people are lining up to hear his bullshit.

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

those people are doing a simple calculation of revenues > costs on joe rogan, and that math adds up for them, i guess.

but yeah, if corporations were interested in, i dunno, societal fucking responsibility, then joe rogan would be deplatformed to youtube, who might also deplatform him for his flat out "aw shucks" lies.

i get tired of it when posters do it here, for fuck's sake. this guy has a national platform and microphone and people are lining up to hear his bullshit.

and this shit bleeds over to otherwise smart and normal people. a semi-good buddy of mine started up on some RFK Jr shit recently and before he could finish I said, "You listen to Rogan, don't you?" and he said yeah. I told him to pick a different topic as I am not going to get into with him about that lunatic. pretty much killed the conversation. i fucking hate it

Edited by Longhorn_Fan68
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

19 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

It's only a matter of time until he finds his Sandy Hook and ends up costing Spotify a whole lot of money.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

10 minutes ago, kevwun said:

It's only a matter of time until he finds his Sandy Hook and ends up costing Spotify a whole lot of money.

this is true. he's a more successful alex jones. but he's hooked on the edginess juice that feeds all conspiracy theories. they become convinced that by asking their questions, they are in the 0.5% exceptional elite wo fucking get it. like joe got a hardon up above when he said he's sure that election fraud is greater than zero. way to sound like an true edgelord you fuckwad. 

• 5 months later...
On 8/8/2023 at 3:30 PM, SydneyCarton said:

I'd like to remind everyone that Joe Rogen is actually doing QUITE well, financially. I'd argue that things are going exceptionally well for him. 

Indeed. And to that point, just read this:

If you didn’t have a Spotify subscription, you used to have to rely on your loudest cousin to recap episodes of The Joe Rogan Experience. You still can if you want to, but when the streamer renewed its deal with its top podcaster for $250 million, according to the WSJ, there was one big change: It will no longer be exclusive to Spotify.

That means last year’s most popular podcast on Spotify will also be available on Apple, Amazon, and YouTube.

https://variety.com/2024/digital/news/joe-rogan-renews-spotify-deal-not-exclusive-1235895424/

Maybe we should change the thread title to "Things going exceedingly well for man child Joe Rogan"

I do not understand how his content is worth so much, on any platform.  Not that’s it’s worthless in the marketplace, but the numbers are a few orders of magnitude larger than I would have guessed.  Where is the 250 million getting recovered?  Subscriptions that are only for him?  Some sort of advertising?  How much would those ads cost?  People buy enough shit to make that ad buy?  I just don’t understand. 

• Hook 'Em 2