The Trump + Covid thread

Gil Bang

10 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Let’s say you’re Trump and you test positive just before the debate, what do you do?

“Hey guys, can’t debate, got the rona. I’m not chickening out, I really have it.” 

No one would believe him and for good reason. He was screwed either way.   

Add in the fact he's a giant piece of shit and obviously he chose to go through with it and maybe even try to deliberately kill his opponent.

Any normal person would have taken the 'L' and admitted they had the 'Rona even if they realized it probably meant the end of their campaign.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

You couldn't pay me enough money to go into that petri dish right now.  Well, I guess I would go if I was given a free chance to kick dotard straight in his shriveled up balls.

3 minutes ago, horncyclist said:

Just did a search. He's still in the hospital with no updates. That doesn't seem to bode well for him. 

I read that as well. He is savvy enough to forbid release of info. Better to wait and round the corner because he knows that the media will be all over it. If he doesn't progress, then that would be the least of his worries.

Wow, the Trump admin still can’t get simple stories straight

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/10/07/kudlow-refuses-to-say-whether-trump-wore-a-mask-in-return-to-oval-office.html

The president actually showed up in the Oval Office yesterday with extra precautions with respect to his Covid-19,” Kudlow said. “And he’s getting a lot better, he’s much strong. So there was some limited activity.”

Asked by CNBC’s Joe Kernen if the president donned a mask while in the Oval Office, Kudlow said he “can’t be specific, Joe. It’s the work of the top rung of the federal government.”

The White House was quick to contradict Kudlow, however.

“While the President wanted to be in the Oval Office yesterday, he was not there—he stayed back in the residence working from there,” Ben Williamson, a White House spokesman, said in a tweet. “Safety preparations have been underway in the event he moves to working out of the Oval in the coming days.”

Either Kudlow was pretending to be in the loop when he’s.not, or they are feeding people like him fake info to see who leaks.

3 hours ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

Are the monoclonal antibodies Trump is being treated with from fetal stem cells?

So here is the best info that I can piece together from a variety of the publications on the development.  The detailed methods described in these papers is generally way way over my head, but I can piece enough together to address the question I think.  (REGN-COV2 development; Velocimouse).

The mouse models (Velocimouse, LOL) were built using mouse ES cells, no human ES cells involved.

No human ES cells or fetal stem cells were used in the development of REGN-COV2.

A cell tissue line (HEK293), which was derived from human kidney cells obtained via an aborted fetus from the Netherlands in 1970 and adenovirus, was used in the development of REGN-COV2. These are not stem cells, they are fetal kidney cells. The cell line has be propagated with a variety of variations since it's original development in the 1970s. The cell line is used in the production of a variety of products, medical (vaccines) to non-medical (food science research). 

So no, human fetal stem cells were not used in the development process; however, a very commonly used cell line started in the 70s using the products of an aborted fetus (but not stem cell material) was used in the development of REGN-COV2.  

Edited by Anastasis
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

So here is the best info that I can piece together from a variety of the publications on the development.  The detailed methods described in these papers is generally way way over my head, but I can piece enough together to address the question I think.  (REGN-COV2 development; Velocimouse).

The mouse models (Velocimouse, LOL) were built using mouse ES cells, no human ES cells involved.

No human ES cells or fetal stem cells were used in the development of REGN-COV2.

A cell tissue line (HEK293), which was derived from human kidney cells obtained via an aborted fetus from the Netherlands in 1970 and adenovirus, was used in the development of REGN-COV2. These are not stem cells, they are fetal kidney cells. The cell line has be propagated with a variety of variations since it's original development in the 1970s. The cell line is used in the production of a variety of products, medical (vaccines) to non-medical (food science research). 

So no, human fetal stem cells were not used in the development process; however, a cell line started in the 70s using the products of an aborted fetus (but not stem cell material), was used in the development of REGN-COV2.  

Science is cool as hell. I wish I could understand it better but I'm basically a kind-of-dumb child when it comes to anything beyond, like, very basic physics. 

2 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Science is cool as hell. I wish I could understand it better but I'm basically a kind-of-dumb child when it comes to anything beyond, like, very basic physics. 

Reading those papers, and especially the supplementary materials where the details are really laid out, really makes you appreciate the nerds that understand this shit on that other level.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, horncyclist said:

Just did a search. He's still in the hospital with no updates. That doesn't seem to bode well for him. 

He is prime person to die from this. If you are <60 and severely obese (BMI >40) 12x more likely to die from CV19.

All of these avoidable infections (and potentially deaths) just because Trump et al want to make some BS political point around masks.

Dumb.

14 hours ago, hookemATL said:

Katie Miller is pregnant?

KILL IT. KILL IT NOW!!

E09B7405-A22E-4A18-8F6D-AFAC0474EC95.jpeg

Animated GIF

1 hour ago, 406W30th said:

You guys can cheer for Chris Christie. Personally, I'd rather see America's worst senator, Ron Johnson, gasping for air.

You know, this isn't an either/or deal.  I can cheer for Chris Christie, Bill Barr, Ron Johnson, and Thom Tillis all at the same time.

I will say that if Christie dies, it will be very damaging for Trump.  It will further bring home the fact that (1) this is a dangerous disease, and (2) Trump and his administration has been completely reckless in dealing with it.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

You couldn't pay me enough money to go into that petri dish right now.  Well, I guess I would go if I was given a free chance to kick dotard straight in his shriveled up balls.

Ugh, the Trump WH is a Pepsi location.

48 minutes ago, BrazilHorn said:

He is prime person to die from this. If you are <60 and severely obese (BMI >40) 12x more likely to die from CV19.

All of these avoidable infections (and potentially deaths) just because Trump et al want to make some BS political point around masks.

Dumb.

And Christie ain't likely getting any of the good stuff that 45 got. I guess he'll get remdesivir if he struggles enough.

23 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

I will say that if Christie dies, it will be very damaging for Trump.  It will further bring home the fact that (1) this is a dangerous disease, and (2) Trump and his administration has been completely reckless in dealing with it.

ill_allow_it_community.gif

1 hour ago, Pancho said:

Yesterday, somebody here (sorry for not remembering who) pointed out that Trump being infected prior to the debate could explain why his people showed up too late to be tested.

My guess is that Trump didn't dare miss the debate due to infirmity because he'd been lying about Biden's physical competence. Whether he exposed Biden to the virus with murderous intent or just his usual indifference to anyone around him is difficult to discern.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Yesterday, somebody here (sorry for not remembering who) pointed out that Trump being infected prior to the debate could explain why his people showed up too late to be tested.

My guess is that Trump didn't dare miss the debate due to infirmity because he'd been lying about Biden's physical competence. Whether he exposed Biden to the virus with murderous intent or just his usual indifference to anyone around him is difficult to discern.

Well, of course every accusation is a confession, and the idea that those evil Dems infected Donald is pretty prevalent in certain right-wing online neighborhoods. So yeah, Trump was trying to kill Biden. 

I mean, nobody who's seen been paying attention would even think twice about it; of course he'd do it, if he could.

Edited by Bat Guano
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

• immamac changed the title to The Trump + Covid thread
21 minutes ago, Queen Bitch said:

"It's a simple yes or no Michael -- did the President test negative on the day of the debate?"

I want Kamala to ask Pencey this very question, and I don't want her to move off it until he answers.

the Biden/Harris camp needs to just become a parrot everywhere. If he doesn't have a negative test prior to the debates and after the rose garden event they just need to hammer that home.

25 minutes ago, Queen Bitch said:

"It's a simple yes or no Michael -- did the President test negative on the day of the debate?"

I want Kamala to ask Pencey this very question, and I don't want her to move off it until he answers.

Too easy. "I don't know the details of the President's medical testing regimen. I'm sure he behaved responsibly and appropriately. blah blah blah"

These people lie as easily as ... something really easy.

Apparently the White House won’t answer a very simple question. When is the last time the president tested negative.

That is not a red flag. That is 1000 red sirens blaring.

How long has President superspreader known he had Covid?  Did he only disclose it after symptoms got to the point he had to go to the hospital? 

19 minutes ago, Bat Guano said:

Too easy. "I don't know the details of the President's medical testing regimen. I'm sure he behaved responsibly and appropriately. blah blah blah"

It's too bad that for Tom Herman winning isn't that easy...

13 minutes ago, Bat Guano said:

"He made you the head of the White House coronavirus task force, Michael. Why aren't you aware of the testing regimen?"

He flusters, can't answer coherently, then you move onto asking why the WH refuses the CDC's offer to contact trace within the administration.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, DDD Dad said:

If this is true then he was probably already positive at the ACB event 10 days ago.

Which means he probably gave it to everybody there and at debate prep. And he knew he had it when he went to the debate, so he skipped the test there. Which results in more evidence he’s a piece of shit. But it means nothing to his supporters.