The Twitter Debate

Neonmoon

45 minutes ago, GW Hayduke said:

I agree. But IMO Elon is highly likely a bad actor (and thus twitter will be if it already isn't) and I doubt he would hesitate to use twitter's algorithms to influence elections.  I doubt he would hesitate with providing user info of dissidents to authoritarian states.  He may even have an in-house Cambridge Analytica - make those services available to the highest bidder.

Of course he is and of course he would. But it's less about just wanting more political power (which he does want) and more him just wanting his fans to murder people who make fun of him.

We'd probably be better off as a planet if our supervillains were actually like James Bond-esque supervillains. Instead they're just spoiled rich kids whose natural impulse the moment they get criticized for the first time in their life is to destroy the planet and everyone on it.

What are the odds Musk’s discussion with Putin regarding space immediately prior to his Twitter acquisition went something like this?

Secretary:  Mr Musk, I have Vladimir Putin on line 1.

Musk, picking up phone:  Vlad!  How good of you to call.

Putin:  Enact operation Moonshot.

Musk:  Yes, I understand the weather in Spain is wonderful this time of year.  Perfect for a lunar mission launch.

Putin:   Precisely. *click*

Musk:  Thanks for the call, Vlad!  Talk to you soon!

Musk to secretary:  Get me Matt Taibbi on line 2.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, wildcat09 said:

We'd probably be better off as a planet if our supervillains were actually like James Bond-esque supervillains. Instead they're just spoiled rich kids whose natural impulse the moment they get criticized for the first time in their life is to destroy the planet and everyone on it.

At least with James Bond-esque supervillains, you mostly understood their motivations - geopolitical power, wealth, etc.

Reading Grimes’s DMs, shit posting, and pushing batshit conspiracy theories that only mentally ill people believe is really weak.

On 12/3/2022 at 11:06 AM, atomheartbevo said:

Hey Caitlyn, shame that Kim Howe didn’t have massive security and a safe location back in 2015, otherwise she might be alive.

Fuck this fucking bitch.  Has any person in the US ever so thoroughly ruined their longstanding reputations more than Caitlyn or Rudy or Elon?  I'm struggling to think of any.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

does this megamaniac magat moron not realize that the members of the virus hive mind are the ones he needs to buy his shitty EVs to keep him rich? Because it ain't gonna be the magats.

Keep talking and tweeting dough boy. Bankrupting TSLA will really pwn the libs. Destroying a major social media platform will be taking the lib pwnage to unheard of hardcore levels.

1 hour ago, High Plains Drifter said:

does this megamaniac magat moron not realize that the members of the virus hive mind are the ones he needs to buy his shitty EVs to keep him rich? Because it ain't gonna be the magats.

Keep talking and tweeting dough boy. Bankrupting TSLA will really pwn the libs. Destroying a major social media platform will be taking the lib pwnage to unheard of hardcore levels.

I am gleefully awating TSLA margin calls, which will force stock sales, further erode the price and create more margin calls.  

• Drool 1

4 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

chaotic evil”

I never knew my nerdy DnD days would be so relevant. 

Edit: the rent though is probably easier to replace. I'm willing to bet they can get new tenants. The severance denials are another story. I've seen too many people get shafted. 

Edited by cactusflinthead
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

TFG disagrees. If the other guy really needs your money, you have leverage. It’s evil, but it works. And “chaotic evil” is the most worshipped approach in society right now, so there we are.

20 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

I never knew my nerdy DnD days would be so relevant. 

Edit: the rent though is probably easier to replace. I'm willing to bet they can get new tenants. The severance denials are another story. I've seen too many people get shafted. 

Yeah, like I said in the other thread, if you are a landlord, you start planning on booting them out, because if he's not paying now, he's not going to be paying when he has various payments to make on twitter, and he hasn't done anything to significantly boost revenue.  And some of those locations are prime locations and will have no problem finding paying tenants. 

Plus, there is the chance that he's going to declare bankruptcy and/or bail for Texas.

• Rage+1 1

16 hours ago, High Plains Drifter said:

We're just one family, but my wife and I were planning to buy a Tesla once her Camry bites it.  Now we won't be as long as he's associated with the company.  I hope there are many others like us and Tesla tanks causing him to be forced out.

• Hook 'Em 1

55 minutes ago, Longhornfan1024 said:

We're just one family, but my wife and I were planning to buy a Tesla once her Camry bites it.  Now we won't be as long as he's associated with the company.  I hope there are many others like us and Tesla tanks causing him to be forced out.

there are other EV options out there, probably just as "good" as a tesla. Check out the Volvo Polestar:

https://www.caranddriver.com/polestar/polestar-2

12 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

there are other EV options out there, probably just as "good" as a tesla. Check out the Volvo Polestar:

https://www.caranddriver.com/polestar/polestar-2

A house in my neighborhood has a Kia EV6 and a Model S in their garage - they both like driving the Kia more and said it'll beat their tesla off the line

5 hours ago, Longhornfan1024 said:

We had a deposit down on a Model X and were supposed to take delivery next week.  We canceled and forfeited the deposit, in part, because of Musk's fuckery with Twitter.  That caused me to go looking at other options again and I bought something else last week.  I was concerned with the long term viability of the company as well with him at the helm.

It's just a hunch, but I don't think as many magats buy electric vehicles as people who lean left.  His full GQP heel turn on twitter can't be good for business.  Anecdotal for sure, but I did notice quite a few Tesla vehicles on the used car lot at both the dealership and at Carmax.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, The Royal We said:

It's just a hunch, but I don't think as many magats buy electric vehicles as people who lean left.  His full GQP heel turn on twitter can't be good for business.  Anecdotal for sure, but I did notice quite a few Tesla vehicles on the used car lot at both the dealership and at Carmax.

If MAGA types are getting EVs, they are getting EV versions of F-150s, Silverados, or the sedans.

• Hook 'Em 1

Tesla had a huge first-mover advantage that will all but disappear next year as virtually every manufacturer will release quality EVs with ample supply to start bringing price premiums under control. Just in time to face legitimate competition, he shot himself in the dick with the exact people who are most likely to buy EVs.

Just incredible dumbassery.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Haha 1