Huge Piece of Shit and alleged Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi

The Ace of Aces

3 hours ago, SL Xpress said:

There's still a lot of room between 0 and $50 million. Even if the buyout ends up being closer to the zero number, like @immamac already stated, I foresee this easily getting into the 10 figure range just to make it go away. 

He violated his for cause clause in the contract just for being arrested. I don’t see us paying anything if we don’t have to. Good luck suing, Mike Leach(RIP) out front shoulda told ya. 

• Hook 'Em 1

• Pancho changed the title to Chris Beard has been fired by UT
3 hours ago, immamac said:

This is so naive its stupid. This is the 2nd highest paid person in the UT System with a ton of legal exposure. It's not Jay Hartzels decision, it's not CDCs decision it never has been. This is going to cost well into the 8 figures to unfuck. 

This is not how any of this works. This is like Sundar Pichai just saying fuck it I don't like Chrome and killing it with only "board support and consideration" it's laughable.

Yes, I can't believe people think that UT anyone can do anything without BoR approval. They have to approve fucking raises for assistants. You think firing a head coach where there is certainly a buyout or legal exposure for wrongful termination in an extremely public way isn't going to involve them? 

The Board of Regents is more than one person, correct?

That's the fucking point. Eltife isn't making all the decisions.

1 minute ago, 4th&Five said:

If this was always going to be the outcome (it was) I wish it would have been handled sooner.

I didn't really bother engaging in much speculation because I couldn't really imagine another outcome, even if he ultimately is proven innocent. The legal process is going to take a significant amount of time and there's no way the university could just sit there on its hands and wait for the outcome. And if they DID do that, and he ultimately is found responsible, that is probably the worst PR nightmare the Texas admin could imagine. What happened that night (the arrest and plastering of Beard's mugshot and the video of him in a jail uniform) put the university in a situation where it was absolutely impossible to retain him.

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

I hope every one of you retarded motherfuckers (who said the legal process matters and that Beard's actual guilt matters and that CDC/Texas would never react quickly) read this letter twice. And fuck you.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Fuck You 15

Just now, JFKFC said:

I hope every one of you retarded motherfuckers (who said the legal process matters and that Beard's actual guilt matters and that CDC/Texas would never react quickly) read this letter twice. And fuck you.

You have been the one screaming for weeks that this wasn't being done fast enough.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

He violated his for cause clause in the contract just for being arrested. I don’t see us paying anything if we don’t have to. Good luck suing, Mike Leach(RIP) out front shoulda told ya. 

Well, the time to negotiate something is before the termination. 

But if there's some way to make a public fuss, especially someway to subpoena UT officials to enter depositions, there's still a path to receiving a settlement. Don't know what that path would be, though. 

I wonder if someone Beard trusts within the UT power structure was trying to give him assurances there was still a path to keeping his job available to him, even if only a slim one. If so, that was the wrong take. 

Ya know this is just a shitty situation with no winners but I trusted UT to do the right thing and without knowing all the details I have faith they did. I’ve been watching aggy chirp about the Petrino hire and UT keeping Beard and all’s fair as long as you win. Well here ya go. There is a difference between us. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Pancho said:

And we will never see you on another basketball thread or support basketball in any means ever again. You got your wish. 

I don't give a damn about college basketball. I do care very much about the University of Texas. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 16

1 minute ago, SL Xpress said:

Well, the time to negotiate something is before the termination. 

But if there's some way to make a public fuss, especially someway to subpoena UT officials to enter depositions, there's still a path to receiving a settlement. Don't know what that path would be, though. 

I wonder if someone Beard trusts within the UT power structure was trying to give him assurances there was still a path to keeping his job available to him, even if only a slim one. If so, that was the wrong take. 

Yep, that contract language that floated around seems pretty straightforward.  The power to terminate with cause was all in UTs hands and at their discretion 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, cashman said:

FCB

Texas has fired basketball coach Chris Beard

By FUCK CHIP BROWN     15min ago

Texas men's basketball coach Chris Beard has been fired with cause, a high-level UT source told Horns247. UT officials confirmed the termination Thursday in a statement from Texas AD Chris Del Conte.

"The University of Texas has parted ways with Chris Beard," Del Conte said Thursday afternoon. "This has been a difficult situation that we’ve been diligently working through. Today I informed Mr. Beard of our decision to terminate him effective immediately.

"We thank Coach Rodney Terry for his exemplary leadership both on and off the court at a time when our team needed it most. We are grateful he will remain the acting head coach for the remainder of the season.

"We are proud of our student-athletes, coaches and staff, who throughout this difficult time have continued to make us proud to be Longhorns."

3 minutes ago, Lymanward said:

Ya know this is just a shitty situation with no winners but I trusted UT to do the right thing and without knowing all the details I have faith they did. I’ve been watching aggy chirp about the Petrino hire and UT keeping Beard and all’s fair as long as you win. Well here ya go. There is a difference between us. 

Aggy will hire beard after they fire Buzz at the end of the season.  

11 minutes ago, BigOrange1 said:

that is pretty cut and dry.

Yep, he and his lawyer were clearly lobbying to wait for the legal outcome, and UT said it doesn't matter.

And put me in the camp of those that care a lot about basketball (20th season as season ticket holder and have probably missed about a dozen games total) and have been pretty bummed since the morning it happened.  

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

If this was always going to be the outcome (it was) I wish it would have been handled sooner.

I disagree. They had to do everything they could to make the “for cause” as ironclad as possible. It would have been negligent and a breach of fiduciary to react immediately without being certain of the financial impact.
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I would like to know what was said to prompt the "does not understand the significance of his behavior" part of that letter. 

Pure speculation, but I’m guessing Beard’s lawyer sent correspondence saying Beard would not resign and outlined some (basic) reasons as to why he would not be doing that. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Well, that sucks. I feel bad for everyone who was excited about the new direction.

Many people here thought he might be retained, and even compared it to what happened to Leach. This was way worse than that situation, as it emerged it was mostly made up CJ's son. Are we guessing that UT saw the bodycam footage and heard the 91 call? 

While I am in the camp that predicted his demise, there is no joy in being right. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

• immamac changed the title to Huge Piece of Shit and Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi
  • immamac changed the title to Huge Piece of Shit and alleged Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi