2023 Texas @ Alabama - 6pm on ESPN

Pancho

I might have said this before... I know we talked about it while watching, but I wasn't posting, so...

Milroe was on his way to Texas. Whether he just wanted to play for MensaTom and was pissed over the firing, or what, I dunno. One of the talking heads said he switched to Bama because he wanted to play for Sark.

Whatever, but here's what I was thinking... we might oughta see if we can talk him into the portal, on accounta be another RoJo, moving from QB to RB. It could be worth a try.

6 minutes ago, Ignatius said:

I was very underwhelmed by the noise/intensity level inside the stadium. Maybe they really are a genteel Suh-thuh-nuh crowd or maybe all the winning has gotten boring, but for the most part it was a pretty lame crowd. Friends In Low Places was way more rowdy than most third downs….

Watching it on TV is was really surprised how quiet they were when Texas was trying to convert 3rd and 4th downs in the 4th quarter.

35 minutes ago, kevwun said:

Saban doesn't have great coordinators anymore.  He used to avoid brain drain by hiring replacements who were just as good.  He hasn't done that the last couple of years.  They haven't had a good OC since Sark left.

Saban hired BoB after Sark. His offense consisted of Bryce going off script and doing Bryce things. BoB didn't recruit QBs worth a shit and here they are. He apparently didn't develop QBs either. 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Gucci_Suit said:

I’ve been to a handful of games there and I’ve always thought it was underwhelming. Last night was the best pre-game I’ve seen there and my bammer friends agreed. Just something about when Texas rolls into your town. The local guys all get pissy. The local gals put on their best dresses. The local economy gets a nice bump. 

I went to LSU@Bama about a decade ago, and I've been to multiple Iron Bowls at Auburn. Bama is more glamorous and has better tailgating, but Iron Bowls at Auburn are fucking awesome

Edited by TotallyLegit

26 minutes ago, Macanudo said:

Someone did.

And seeing him describe, in grisly detail, how his team had been out-executed AND out-coached ("we were in quarters, and they called a quarters beater")... shit, man, when was the last time we had a coaching staff out-coach somebody? Particularly as good of a coach as THAT.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, texastroubadour said:

The last Bama TD question (where we whiffed on tackles): wasn’t that an illegal block in the back of our db around 7 yd line?

11 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I wondered as well but they only showed one bad angle replay

It was close. I was 100% certain it was a block in the back until I watched it again. The receiver did get his right arm/shoulder just barely inside the front of the DB's left shoulder pad. It could have been called but it's not as egregious that it wasn't as I initially thought.

image.png.3b1026cab4ba0bad4bd02f9b140443f2.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tex Long said:

I might have said this before... I know we talked about it while watching, but I wasn't posting, so...

Milroe was on his way to Texas. Whether he just wanted to play for MensaTom and was pissed over the firing, or what, I dunno. One of the talking heads said he switched to Bama because he wanted to play for Sark.

Whatever, but here's what I was thinking... we might oughta see if we can talk him into the portal, on accounta be another RoJo, moving from QB to RB. It could be worth a try.

A guy at the watch party I was at said he changed plans when Ewers came to Texas, didn’t want the competition.

23 minutes ago, speed817 said:

SIAP

NSIAP. While I was looking at responses in that thread, I saw this. George Teague is crying about some of our players merely walking across or being on the Bama logo at midfield. Absolutely nothing disrespectful happening there at all. What a bitch.

1 hour ago, Surly Bevo said:

I enjoy the juxtaposition of watching both Sark and Saban in their pressers vs Boomhauer aggy.  You can not like Saban and that is fine but he fucking owns the losses.

Ah shit, I don't hate Saban. I admire him. He's an amazing football coach who keeps trying to get better and adapting. And from all accounts, a terrific human being.

Like Sark said, Sark isn't here today without Saban.

1 hour ago, South Austin said:

Am I the only person who’s read the entire internet the past 24 hours?

Nope. I've generated half of the content, too.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

NSIAP. While I was looking at responses in that thread, I saw this. George Teague is crying about some of our players merely walking across or being on the Bama logo at midfield. Absolutely nothing disrespectful happening there at all. What a bitch.

That’s weak shit! They have to be on the field, even post-game. It ain’t magical at Bama!

Hook’em!!

1 hour ago, Saint Tacky said:

It was close. I was 100% certain it was a block in the back until I watched it again. The receiver did get his right arm/shoulder just barely inside the front of the DB's left shoulder pad. It could have been called but it's not as egregious that it wasn't as I initially thought.

image.png.3b1026cab4ba0bad4bd02f9b140443f2.png

Glad Hill was alright after that, he ran right into the DB really awkward 

• Hook 'Em 4

6 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

Ah shit, I don't hate Saban. I admire him. He's an amazing football coach who keeps trying to get better and adapting. And from all accounts, a terrific human being.

Like Sark said, Sark isn't here today without Saban.

Nope. I've generated half of the content, too.

He seems like a bit of an asshole to me.  I've never seen anything that makes me think he is a terrific human being.  Now he is the greatest living college football coach and maybe the best ever.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, bullet said:

He seems like a bit of an asshole to me.  I've never seen anything that makes me think he is a terrific human being.  Now he is the greatest living college football coach and maybe the best ever.

The vast vast majority of players and coaches that win at legendary levels in sports leave something to be desired in the terrific human being category.  Not all of them mind you, but a LOT of them.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

The vast vast majority of players and coaches that win at legendary levels in sports leave something to be desired in the terrific human being category.  Not all of them mind you, but a LOT of them.

This applies not only to sports, but practically all pursuits. Business, politics, finance, music, movies, etc.

Admire them for their success and relentless ambition, but realize that most are probably sociopaths and not people one should emulate.

• Hook 'Em 3

22 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

I feel like he’s the college Bellichick. 

There was a documentary a couple years ago about Belichick and Saban. Belichick came across personable and possibly fun to be around with his real life friends. Saban seemed like football is all he ever thinks about 

• Hook 'Em 1

31 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

Yeah, the obsessiveness often means they ignore their families and other human-type obligations and endeavors.  And sometimes to some fairly disordered behavior on the interpersonal front.

But, on the other hand, they are involved in the development of young men.  They may not necessarily develop them in the most well-rounded ways, but they are teachers after a fashion.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Braff Zacklin said:

This applies not only to sports, but practically all pursuits. Business, politics, finance, music, movies, etc.

Admire them for their success and relentless ambition, but realize that most are probably sociopaths and not people one should emulate.

Occasionally, though, there are fantastic successes that don't have to be completely obsessive about it and can actually be decent human beings.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

Great heads up play by Hayden. These are the opportunities the dumb teams of the past didn’t capitalize on. If he doesn’t react, and the DL gets back across, no penalty.

If you watch that play from the other angle  showing Hayden from the front it also looks like he subtly drew him offsides by just the slightest flinch of quickly opening then closing his right fist. Genius

• immamac changed the title to 2023 Texas @ Alabama - 6pm on ESPN