Give me a phat beat

blacklab

• blacklab changed the title to Give me a phat beat
6 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

Didn't they time that video so the team ran onto the field right at the end of the video?

Or is that one of those false memories that I wish were true?

Yes, through a ring of fire in the video but through the fog machine/extinguishers of the SEZ. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

I assume that video started being played at some point in the late 90s?  

Therefore I feel like we need to do it right and do a 90s Night At DKR

- band/stadium music is 90s themed 

- Minotaur bevo intro video played multiple times for maximum awesomeness. 

- James brown is granted one game of eligibility and starts at QB

- Ricky assumes head coaching duties and is allowed/required to smoke joints throughout the game. 

• Haha 1
  • Drool 1

2 hours ago, Bullneck said:

I was in the stadium the first time (I'm pretty sure) they played this.  Most of the reaction (around me/west side upper deck) was more "what the hell was that?" than "hellz yeah, let's kick some ass."

I distinctly remember laughing. But it was kind of fun, unpredictable and cringy ... like many of the teams it introduced.

• Hook 'Em 2

It was like Pong, but for College Football stadiums.  That video was used more recently than we'd like to remember.  And also much, much worse.  

Could we overlay Will Ferrell from 'Old School' running along the Steers through East Mall, "We're going up through the quad to the Gymstadium! (burp) You think Kerbey Lane is still open?"  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, PantsTent said:

I don't think it has worked in years. Hell it was often not functional when I was there in late 90s. No clue why they don't fix it or get rid of it.

Yes - it needed repair.  Some committee decided, I think to be more green, to turn the east and west mall fountains into decorative non-fountains.  

I'm pretty sure it was first shown in 1999, the season after Ricky won the Heisman. That's why both he and Earl come alive out of their Heisman statue poses and then transmogrify the longhorns into Minotaur football players. Maybe it was 2000 but it was definitely in the early Mack years. 

• Hook 'Em 2