Tucker Carlson Tonight

atomheartbevo

I voted for Clinton, but I distinctly remember Dole being on a late night show after the election (maybe Letterman?) and he was much more engaging than he ever came across during the campaign.  He might have had a chance had he just revealed his true character.

• Hook 'Em 1

21 minutes ago, safe sex said:

Lmao the first election I really can vividly remember was 96 and Dole losing to Clinton. My parents are Republicans, so obviously I was a Republican back then and (this is maybe the straightest thing I've ever done) I was so upset about Dole losing that I wrote him a little at school telling him not to be sad and to try again next time.

Nah bro.

Writing a letter to console a man when he’s sad is totes gay.

Edited by Dnaguy
  • Haha 1

There is nothing wrong with having voted for Dole in 1996.  He was a true American patriot and genuine leader.  He just fumbled a bit, plus the last 18 months of Clinton's first term were a good time for the country so Bob was just thrust into the role against all odds.  Some people I take real fucking serious tell me Dole was one the best, if not the best, person they ever worked with/for.  That was the first presidential election I was eligible to vote in and as much as I admired Bob Dole, I went for Harry Browne as a 20yo trying to be edgy.  In hindsight, Clinton and Dole were standup guys and that was a ballot to be proud of as a country. 

Say what you want about Reagan or H.W. Bush or Dole or Romney.  Those folks love this country.  They would bleed for it if required.  To people like Tucker and Trump, it's just a storefront.  Just a place in which to make easy money.  That's all it is to them.  You could drop them in any country at any time in history and they'd find a way to fleece the stupids.  The cliche line in "Usual Suspects" about  the Devil convincing the world he doesn't exist was not his greatest trick.  His greatest trick is like what Henry Hill says in "Goodfellas", your biggest threat comes to you in your time of need, he comes as your friend, as your validation.  That's why people like Tucker succeed and influence.  They have always been here because they know what we all try to hide and bury in our souls---that we vulnerable and unsure of why we're actually here.  And they provide validation and comfort.  The Devil never said he didn't exist, he was actually quite honest about his intentions.  "Come with me and forget about your lack of confidence or moral compass and the world shall be yours."  He was pleased to meet you.  and his name?  You guessed it.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

I voted for Clinton, but I distinctly remember Dole being on a late night show after the election (maybe Letterman?) and he was much more engaging than he ever came across during the campaign.  He might have had a chance had he just revealed his true character.

I used to think the same thing but he's on record supporting Donald Trump.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/22/politics/bob-dole-donald-trump/index.html

“He lost the election, and I regret that he did, but they did,” Dole told USA Today’s Susan Page. 

Well, he was fucking 95 years old.  Cut him some slack.  When my grandfather died at 95, he said he wished Guiliani was President.  Thankfully he passed before Rudy turned out to be a completely unhinged fucking lunatic and my Grandaddy died a happy man.  

1 hour ago, YGIFS said:

There is nothing wrong with having voted for Dole in 1996.  He was a true American patriot and genuine leader.  He just fumbled a bit, plus the last 18 months of Clinton's first term were a good time for the country so Bob was just thrust into the role against all odds.  Some people I take real fucking serious tell me Dole was one the best, if not the best, person they ever worked with/for.  That was the first presidential election I was eligible to vote in and as much as I admired Bob Dole, I went for Harry Browne as a 20yo trying to be edgy.  In hindsight, Clinton and Dole were standup guys and that was a ballot to be proud of as a country. 

Say what you want about Reagan or H.W. Bush or Dole or Romney.  Those folks love this country.  They would bleed for it if required.  To people like Tucker and Trump, it's just a storefront.  Just a place in which to make easy money.  That's all it is to them.  You could drop them in any country at any time in history and they'd find a way to fleece the stupids.  The cliche line in "Usual Suspects" about  the Devil convincing the world he doesn't exist was not his greatest trick.  His greatest trick is like what Henry Hill says in "Goodfellas", your biggest threat comes to you in your time of need, he comes as your friend, as your validation.  That's why people like Tucker succeed and influence.  They have always been here because they know what we all try to hide and bury in our souls---that we vulnerable and unsure of why we're actually here.  And they provide validation and comfort.  The Devil never said he didn't exist, he was actually quite honest about his intentions.  "Come with me and forget about your lack of confidence or moral compass and the world shall be yours."  He was pleased to meet you.  and his name?  You guessed it.

Beelzebub Francis stallone?

• Hook 'Em 1

We get a twofer here; Carlson and Douglas Macgregor.  If you don't already hate that dipshit already, I'll tell you he bags on the kickass American M1 Abrams tank.  Says it gets so hot you can see it from space.  

Also:

40-50k Russians have been killed with another 40-50k wounded

4-500k Ukrainians killed.

Our military is as weak as it was in 1979.  We done went woke or something.

ETA

Back to his hatred of the Abrams.  That "shitbox" carried his sorry ass to victory at 73 Easting.  He's a Russian stooge.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Douglas_Macgregor

• Haha 1

On 2/16/2024 at 2:34 AM, Fastbreak said:

I was just in Vietnam and bought a bowl of Pho, with fresh spring rolls and 2 beers for around $6 US.  In Singapore, that same meal would be around $60.  So Vietnam is a much better place to live than Singapore, right?

Vietnam, clearly. You didn't even tell us bout the ladyboys

On 2/25/2024 at 6:24 PM, Parliament said:

We get a twofer here; Carlson and Douglas Macgregor.  If you don't already hate that dipshit already, I'll tell you he bags on the kickass American M1 Abrams tank.  Says it gets so hot you can see it from space.  

Also:

40-50k Russians have been killed with another 40-50k wounded

4-500k Ukrainians killed.

Our military is as weak as it was in 1979.  We done went woke or something.

ETA

Back to his hatred of the Abrams.  That "shitbox" carried his sorry ass to victory at 73 Easting.  He's a Russian stooge.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Douglas_Macgregor

Douglas MacGregor has a pretty well-worn shtick for conservative security commentator guys— “too tough and blunt for Big Army.”  He tapped out at colonel despite being objectively a very good warfighter.  The decision to pass him over has been proven correct almost every time he opens his mouth because he’s a giant gaping asshole and bigot who should not have gotten a command. 

The father he gets from his army career the worse and less relevant he gets. And he is a Russian stooge at this point.

• Hook 'Em 3

• 2 weeks later...

Tucker Carlson is so high on his own supply.

I know it’s not a surprise, but he absolutely thinks he’s smarter than EVERYONE in the world and completely vacillates on almost everything.

Beauty, cleanliness, and safety are the most important things for a country?! 
Crime is optional?

Anytime he’s pushed he backpedals.

The only thing he didn’t do is show us the stigmata and the cross ge bears everyday.

This morning's NPR was interviewing some Trumpy voters on their thoughts on VP nominee.  One of them suggested Tucker Carlson, because "it'd be funny to see everyone's heads explode."

These are not serious people.  Yet.....they may yet control this country.  We are not a good country, we are not a good people.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

This morning's NPR was interviewing some Trumpy voters on their thoughts on VP nominee.  One of them suggested Tucker Carlson, because "it'd be funny to see everyone's heads explode."

These are not serious people.  Yet.....they may yet control this country.  We are not a good country, we are not a good people.

The only silver lining I've been able to convince myself of regarding the threats of climate change and nuclear holocaust is the fact that these fucks are going to be vaporized. How the same species that put a man on the moon is capable of such blatant ignorance and dumbfuckery blows my mind. 

• Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, LateAughtsHorn said:

The only silver lining I've been able to convince myself of regarding the threats of climate change and nuclear holocaust is the fact that these fucks are going to be vaporized. How the same species that put a man on the moon is capable of such blatant ignorance and dumbfuckery blows my mind. 

MAGA
college gameday sport GIF

• Haha 3

You don't really see that on the other side. No one wants Biden to select Keith Olberman or Alec Baldwin as his VP, to "own the pubs" or whatever.
A lot of people would love Jon Stewart to run. Just sayin.
  • Drool 2

1 hour ago, tchookem said:
6 hours ago, Red Five said:
You don't really see that on the other side. No one wants Biden to select Keith Olberman or Alec Baldwin as his VP, to "own the pubs" or whatever.

A lot of people would love Jon Stewart to run. Just sayin.

Jon Stewart and Tucker Carlson has virtually nothing in common. Keith Olbermann is a more apt comparison. Just full blown propagandists.

2 hours ago, aggie08 said:

Jon Stewart and Tucker Carlson has virtually nothing in common. Keith Olbermann is a more apt comparison. Just full blown propagandists.

“Owning the pubs” in the VP selection  is fine, as long as you win. The answer is Taylor Swift. 

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, Dnaguy said:

I know it’s not a surprise, but he absolutely thinks he’s smarter than EVERYONE in the world and completely vacillates on almost everything.

Crime is optional?

The only thing he didn’t do is show us the stigmata and the cross ge bears everyday.

Lex is a fucking dog shit interviewer on any topic that's not engineering related. What a pussy. I don't get why anyone likes his podcast. He's the most boring kind of nerd there is.

• Hook 'Em 2

On 3/7/2024 at 2:13 PM, Dnaguy said:

Crime is optional?

The only place I've ever seem Tucker come off as genuine and likeable.

On 3/7/2024 at 11:17 PM, Brian Fantana said:

Lex is a fucking dog shit interviewer on any topic that's not engineering related. What a pussy. I don't get why anyone likes his podcast. He's the most boring kind of nerd there is.

He also does alright with Geo Politics. If he's interviewing pop culture contemporaries, I'll pass. Low energy, but sometimes meaningful questions.

Not claiming this was a great interview, but a very knowledgeable guest on Ukraine.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Why even hide it ….

For what it's worth, this tweet is misleading at best. Does he deserve this treatment for kowtowing to the Kremlin? Absolutely.

Kremlin TV Drops ‘New’ Tucker Carlson Show

The Kremlin propaganda machine has made Tucker Carlson its newest star television host, whether he likes it or not.

The former Fox News host has gotten his own show on the state-run channel Rossiya 24—except it’s not quite as new as the channel would have people believe. The program, called “Tucker. Rossiya 24,” treats viewers to days-old episodes of Carlson’s own show posted on X and YouTube, but with a Russian voiceover.

An episode was aired Monday night, for example, featuring Carlson discussing conspiracy theories about Lyme disease being used as a bioweapon under the title “ticks–nuclear weapons for the poor.” The same episode, minus the Russian voiceover, was available to American social media users on May 10.

The website of the All-Russia State Television and Radio Broadcasting Company features several other episodes of the supposedly new show, all of them featuring praise for Moscow, criticism of Ukraine, or grim predictions concerning the fate of the U.S.

In a description of the program, the site notes that Carlson “has actively criticized U.S. authorities for helping Ukraine since the start of the [war],” and that he was added to a well-known database of “enemies of Ukraine” last summer.

Carlson did not respond to a request for comment from The Daily Beast on whether he was aware of his show being repurposed. But he told the Financial Times last fall, when Rossiya 24 first began promoting a show hosted by Carlson, that he knew nothing about it.

Link from Newsweek: https://www.newsweek.com/tucker-carlson-launches-show-russian-state-tv-russia-24-1903045

The CEO of the Tucker Carlson Network has rejected claims in Russian state media that the former Fox News anchor had made a deal for his shows to appear on Russian television.

The claims appear to have originated with the program Tucker, which is broadcast on Russia 24 but comprises old episodes of Carlson's shows taken from X, formerly Twitter, and YouTube, complete with a Russian voiceover. The first episode and other clips from previous months are now available online, Russian state newspaper Rossiyskaya Gazeta reported.

On the website Smotrim.ru, where programs shown on Russian state channels can be viewed, is an episode introduced by Carlson dated May 18 and dubbed into Russian. The website also hosts other clips from previous months of interviews that Carlson had conducted.

Independent news outlet Astra confirmed that the program features Russian-language dubbing of Carlson's American shows and is not original content for Russian viewers. In September 2023, Russia 24 aired a trailer for a show featuring Carlson without clarifying when it would be broadcast, the BBC reported. Carlson told The Financial Times that he knew nothing about it.

Neil Patel, CEO of the Tucker Carlson Network, denied claims in Rossiyskaya Gazeta and Astra that the airing of the episodes was part of a "joint project." "The Tucker Carlson Network has not done any deals with state media in any country. Whoever is currently pretending to be the old Newsweek brand would know that if they had checked with us before printing like news companies are supposed to do," he wrote on X, formerly Twitter.

Dean Thompson, head of programming and production operations at the Tucker Carlson Network, later told Newsweek in a statement: "The story of a Russian show is totally false. Any use of our content by that channel is without legal permission."

Newsweek has also contacted VGTRK and Smotrim.ru for comment and will update this article if a response is received.

Exclusively Available to SubscribersTry it now for $1

Following Russia's invasion of Ukraine, Carlson used a March 2022 episode of his primetime show on Fox News to fuel a conspiracy theory pushed by Russia about the supposed development of U.S. bioweapons in Ukraine.

When at Fox News, Carlson was praised on Russian state television for his positions on the war in Ukraine which were interpreted as sympathetic to Russian President Vladimir Putin. After he was fired by Fox News, one Kremlin mouthpiece described Carlson as a "voice of reason" who was "welcome in Russia."

Carlson was the highest-rated cable TV host before he left Fox News in April 2023. He launched a new show on Twitter called Tucker on Twitter, which later changed to Tucker on X with the social media network's rebranding.

In February this year, Carlson made a high-profile visit to Russia, where his interview with Putin at the Kremlin was criticized by many observers for allowing the Russian president to push his narrative on the war he started in Ukraine.

During the two-hour interview, Putin spoke extensively about Russian history and Kremlin talking points and was rarely challenged. Putin later appeared to criticize Carlson's interview approach, telling state television channel Russia-1 that he thought he would "behave aggressively and ask so-called sharp questions."

• Rage+1 1

Posted (edited)
On 2/20/2024 at 10:53 AM, YGIFS said:

The Devil never said he didn't exist, he was actually quite honest about his intentions.  "Come with me and forget about your lack of confidence or moral compass and the world shall be yours."  He was pleased to meet you.  and his name?  You guessed it.

Mick Jagger?

Edited by Bullneck

Wrong, Mikhail Bulgakov.  The Master and Margarita.  

I tell this story frequently but we talk about it at our hospitality ministry each Sunday at my wife's church, with the guys I make breakfast with for older folks and families with young kids.  And when we're cleaning the kitchen, we have time to kill and talk theology and philosophy.  And Charles brought up this really good point (he's Catholic, I am not).  Depending on the version you have, Satan/Devil is only mentioned in the Bible about 27 times, there are background tertiary characters that get more screentime than Lucipher.  And most of those are in the Old Testament, so the guy has the all-time greatest PR machine behind him.  But we didn't talk about him much growing up Lutheran, and I've noticed in the last 15+ years that my wife's Catholic church doesn't really talk about him at all much anymore, despite it being a massive aspect of Catholicism.  He was just a cautionary tale about falling from grace and avoiding sin, then suddenly the Church turned him into this all-powerful Kaiser Soze guy to scare the shit out of little kids.  

He never attempted the great trick of convincing the world he didn't exist.  He did the opposite actually, he tried to get more people to notice him.  And he has far out-kicked his coverage.  He does not come as Evil Incarnate.  He comes as Tucker Carlson or Donald Trump or Vladimir Putin.  He comes in a nice tie to make you feel better about your worst angels.  And his true gift is he comes for people that pride themselves on being able to sniff out evil when they see it.  And so they welcome in the vitriolic ignorance because it makes them believe they are renouncing Satan.  And ironically, he gets their money and adoration is exchange for validation.  It was always a fairly tale to me, but now I realize the true power of true stupidity and absolute grift.  The Dastardly doesn't come with a pitchfork and point tail.  It comes as a guy just asking questions on a podcast.  He comes as a game-show host.  Once again, our prize mistake---a lack of imagination.    

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Right wing Twitter is such a weird place.

Let me correct that: Right wing Twitter is such a fascist place.

I am so f*cking tired of seeing media/social media descriptions of the GQP-MAGA using weak sauce words like “weird”… “strange” … “asshole” … "hard right" … “extreme" conservative … “ultra" conservative ...“fake" conservative … etc. etc. etc. 

it’s almost like people are afraid to say it and think it… and thus help enable it.

Just f*cking man up and say it!

MAGA-GQP are fascists! 

Edited by BevoAbyss
  • Rage+1 1

Just now, BevoAbyss said:

I am so f*cking tired of seeing media/social media descriptions of the GQP-MAGA using weak sauce words like “weird”… “strange” … “asshole” … "hard right" … “extreme" conservative … “ultra" conservative ...“fake" conservative … etc. etc. etc. 

it’s almost like people are afraid to say it and think it… and thus help enable it.

MAGA-GQP are fascists! 

Let me tell you, you're gonna piss off a bunch of fascists when you start using that word. 

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Let me tell you, you're gonna piss off a bunch of fascists when you start using that word. 

I'm not worried about it … I don’t hang out with f*cking fascists.

PS: Yes, I use the term “fascism” among colleagues, at cocktail parties, dinner parties, art/museum gatherings, family gatherings, and in other public settings/publications/posts where the term fits the topic. I’ve been told it makes some people uncomfortable — including many liberals and my liberal girlfriend.

Well that’s just too bad. Boo hoo! 

Edited by BevoAbyss

4 minutes ago, Captainant said:

I know, right?  We call them fascists...and then....they'll have NO CHOICE but to go full-on fascist, because you MADE THEM DO IT!

Page-134.jpg

DARN YOU LIBTARDS FOR MAKING THOSE FASCISTS DO FASCIST THINGS!  THEY DIDN'T WANT TO, BUT YOU MADE THEM DO IT!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, BevoAbyss said:

I more meant the very fine MAGATs and sympathizers here on Surly getting chippy and making shit up in response

47 minutes ago, BevoAbyss said:

MAGA-GQP are fascists! 

40 minutes ago, BevoAbyss said:

PS: Yes, I use the term “fascism” among colleagues, at cocktail parties, dinner parties, art/museum gatherings, family gatherings, and in other public settings/publications/posts where the term fits the topic. I’ve been told it makes some people uncomfortable — including many liberals and my liberal girlfriend.

Well that’s just too bad. Boo hoo! 

It's ok to curse.  You can curse here.