Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

1 minute ago, Skipper said:

I.e., this clearly means no additional positives out of the traveling party based on results received today.   This isn't rocket surgery.  Or misdirection.

247 mentioned additional positives after testing today.

Edited by TexasFan21

4 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

True story. When my dad passed away we found over 100 + faxes/copies that my dad had sent to HCs and the AD dating back from the late 1980’s. Lots of tersely written stuff. Very pissed. I have the box of them in storage with most of my stuff (will get them when I move).  Not that those letters and faxes etc did much. But he’d fire them off after a loss. Every time. On letterhead. Signed. Nothing anonymous. Those who post in here that knew my dad can imagine what was written. Lmao.

contagious love GIF

• Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, futureman said:

so much aggression aimed at someone who delivered you the truth on a silver platter.  you need help. 

this is as close to a compliment as I'll ever give you, don't tell me all the sudden you're a sensitive pussy? Might need to page some of the doctors here but maybe there's a nerve in your asshole that when fisted turns you into a bitch. Steer clear of that spot. 

3 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

this is as close to a compliment as I'll ever give you, don't tell me all the sudden you're a sensitive pussy? Might need to page some of the doctors here but maybe there's a nerve in your asshole that when fisted turns you into a bitch. Steer clear of that spot. 

Negged for quoting him.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

True story. When my dad passed away we found over 100 + faxes/copies that my dad had sent to HCs and the AD dating back from the late 1980’s. Lots of tersely written stuff. Very pissed. I have the box of them in storage with most of my stuff (will get them when I move).  Not that those letters and faxes etc did much. But he’d fire them off after a loss. Every time. On letterhead. Signed. Nothing anonymous. Those who post in here that knew my dad can imagine what was written. Lmao.

Posting on the day shift? You traitor, bet you got an ou shirt in the closet.  Shame.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, TexasFan21 said:

Interesting. If accurate doesn't necessarily mean part of the traveling party.  Regardless, for purposes of this thread, I think the report that practice is on is proof to the conspiracy theorists we aren't shutting everything down for the year because Herman is getting fired imminently.

Definitely in the "no shit" category, but Chad and Trey on 104.9 had Jeff Howe from Inside Texas on and asked them if he believes Urban Meyer to Texas is completely dead.  His answer was there's no way he would call it "completely" dead, and it wouldn't surprise him at all if Texas reaches out again as the season draws closer to a close.

7 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

i know someone currently who does this every week - to HC and CC'd AD. same thing, on letterhead, signed.

also know folks who write probably 5-10 a year to President and CC the AD on it

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Skipper said:

Interesting. If accurate doesn't necessarily mean part of the traveling party.  Regardless, for purposes of this thread, I think the report that practice is on is proof to the conspiracy theorists we aren't shutting everything down for the year because Herman is getting fired imminently.

Eight total players that include one starter and one contributor.

17 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

I bet he had some choice words for Mack after those 0u loses.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, FloridaHorn said:

unless I am going blind, there sure seems to be beans on top of that pile of shit.

It looks like spaghetti with Manwich on it.

They put beans on top but not IN the chili. What you see there is "five way" which is noodles, chili, onions, cheese, and beans. 

Cincinnati chili isn't turrible, but it's a lot different. It's sweeter and not a spicy. I've had Skyline and it's crap. 

1 hour ago, ChiTownDoc said:

I don’t think there was a single one of those teams that didn’t have more talent than OU...The only team with more talent that OU beats is you guys.
The playoff losses you live with - OU was a favorite in one of those games...against Clemson.  That was before we all knew who Clemson was.  Disappointing for sure but there’s hope in Norman.  And hope is a hell of a drug.  

I Guess If You Say So GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, NoName said:

i know someone currently who does this every week - to HC and CC'd AD. same thing, on letterhead, signed.

also know folks who write probably 5-10 a year to President and CC the AD on it

My dad does this. Not real sure how I feel about it, but he does it. Born in 1950, and a native Austinite. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Droopy said:

My dad does this. Not real sure how I feel about it, but he does it. Born in 1950, and a native Austinite. 

heh this guy graduated in probably the late 60s/very early 70s but i bet they get a TON of letters like this

48 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

If you are able to (and open to) post(ing) some, that would be interesting and appreciated.  (Sans any personal info, of course.)

• Hook 'Em 2

44 minutes ago, Steelers Roll Left said:

Definitely in the "no shit" category, but Chad and Trey on 104.9 had Jeff Howe from Inside Texas on and asked them if he believes Urban Meyer to Texas is completely dead.  His answer was there's no way he would call it "completely" dead, and it wouldn't surprise him at all if Texas reaches out again as the season draws closer to a close.

I just want to point out.....with no coaching speculation I have every seen at UT has there been so much use of the word "not completely dead" or "urban could change his mind at any moment"........Typically it is an unequivocal no its not happening lets move on.

26 minutes ago, nnm said:

I don't think that's right.  But they do serve it over spaghetti.

cincinnati-chili-17-754.jpg

I was deployed on a carrier in the Northern Arabian Gulf back at the beginning of OIF in ‘03.  Some nutless wonder crew member from Cincinnati wrote a sob story letter to Skyline about how they needed a “taste of home” while halfway around the world defending freedom.  Skyline responded in the least patriotic way possible.  They shipped enough of their canned cinnamon meat gruel to feed/poison an entire aircraft carrier.

It was horrific.  Just one of the many atrocities committed during that war.  The supply officer’s  only response to the significant criticism: “food’s brown, hot, and plenty of it.”  I can’t imagine the agony of the pilots who flew a sortie over Iraq with a belly full of that slop.  

The mouth breathers from Ohio were so proud of themselves.  

Edited by Guadaloopy
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic