2020 Presidential Election -- Biden v Trump: Sleepy Joe vs Dopey Don [Results begin on page 409]

Patrick Bateman

It's amusing to see all of my Facebook friends from high school who have become constitutional scholars. I am enjoying the reruns of "why the election results prove my pre-existing views."

I think it's fair to ask if the U.S. political system is structurally capable of creating a fairer social contract. It's ultimately fundamentally undemocratic. 

Let's not overlook what it appears Biden has done, which is win 52% of the votes in the face of the biggest disinformation campaign in world history. Obama won 52.9% in 2008 and 51.1% in 2012. 

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

It's amusing to see all of my Facebook friends from high school who have become constitutional scholars. I am enjoying the reruns of "why the election results prove my pre-existing views."

I think it's fair to ask if the U.S. political system is structurally capable of creating a fairer social contract. It's ultimately fundamentally undemocratic. 

Let's not overlook what it appears Biden has done, which is win 52% of the votes in the face of the biggest disinformation campaign in world history. Obama won 52.9% in 2008 and 51.1% in 2012. 

Well there's your problem right there.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, SizzleChest said:

The fact that Republicans gained House seats and may hold court in the Senate potentially helps form the view that this election was more about ridding the electorate of Trump than ridding the electorate of Republicans.

The GOP would be best served relegating Trump and his band of grifters to the fringes.  They're doing that already before the election is even decided.

Trump will have a voice, but the Cotton's and Hawley's will co-opt Trump's style and messaging to siphon off Trumpkin support.  Trump may look to run again, but he's going to face major headwinds legally and financially to navigate.  He's also unwell physically (duh), and I would not at all be surprised to see his health decline bigly before 2024.

That is the take of Schindler and I don't think he is wrong on this. My big fear has been and continues to be that Biden will have four years of economic peril due to the pandemic, tax cuts, and the crazy spending the GOP did prior to the pandemic and four years of the right yammering about it. He may get it turned around just in time for their soft shoe number that lulls everybody into believing the GOP is not the authoritarian oligarchy they aspire to be. Trapped in their own growing nationalistic intercine fights, our former allies may not be able to help.

2 minutes ago, Tuco said:

Puerto Rico did vote for statehood, but it was a non-binding resolution and a narrow vote.  

PR as one and the collective pacific island territories as another. They serve in the us military in tremendous numbers per capita, they should have representation and voting rights. 

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, Jive Turkey said:

Meanwhile, Bannon wants Trump to start beheading Fauci and other “traitors.”

Remember, I'm a "kook" suggesting that we'll experience violence.....

STEVE BANNON (HOST): Second term kicks off with firing Wray, firing Fauci.

Now I actually want to go a step farther but I realize the president is a kind-hearted man and a good man. I'd actually like to go back to the old times of Tudor England, I'd put their heads on pikes, right, I'd put them at the two corners of the White House as a warning to federal bureaucrats. You either get with the program or you're gone -- time to stop playing games. blow it all up, put Ric Grenell today as the interim head of the FBI, that'll light them up, right.

JACK MAXEY (CO-HOST): You know what Steve, just yesterday there was the anniversary of the hanging of two Tories in Philadelphia, these were Quaker businessmen who had cohabitated if you will with the British while they were occupying Philadelphia. These people were hung. This is what we used to do to traitors.

BANNON: That's how you win the revolution. No one wants to talk about it. the revolution wasn't some sort of garden party, it was a civil war. It was a civil war.

"Stochastic terrorism."  It's a thing.  An old, time-honored thing.  Look it up.  This is how you get people killed.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

Meanwhile, Bannon wants Trump to start beheading Fauci and other “traitors.”

At first read, I thought it said "Barron wants trump to start beheading..." and I was trying to think which Game of Thrones season that would be.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSmsDL0bRDFBij0XRRDhri

Edited by TexLonghorn
  • Haha 3

King is saying dotard needs to win GA and PA, but I don't think that's true, unless I'm missing something. If Biden wins only GA, then there's a tie and it goes go to the House, where each state delegation gets one vote, and right now, dotard would win there. 

Doesn't look likely, but it's weird he's not even gaming that scenario out. 

Edited by Hookah Horns

30 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Here's my quick question -- folks are saying that if Biden wins, we must engage the other side, and work to heal this country.  I think that is sound reasoning.  It is indeed what we should do.  I don't know if I have the willpower to do it, but I agree that it's what should happen.

Now, run that same play....if Trump wins a second term.  Do you think team MAGA will "reach out to the other side to unite and heal this country?"  Or.....will it be an unrestrained orgy of overreaching and "SUCK IT, LIBTARDS!" around the clock?  Come on.  We all know the answer.  The Trumpkins who have the guts to post around here have admitted as much (and provided their example of how it would go).

There is a path to healing this country if Biden wins.  It will be tough, but there's a path.

There is no path to healing if Trump wins.  In fact, the mission will be to inflict as much pain on those who "betrayed" him as possible.  It will be four years of vengeance and cruelty, and policies aimed solely at inflicting pain on those they want to hurt.

And we don't know which will happen yet.  Thus, a LITTLE BIT of anxiety.

So the reasoning is sound on if Biden wins. I agree with it. 

If Trump wins I agree with what you said there too. 

I am fairly level-headed and have a really good ability to listen to others and their worldview. Prepare to read the following in Stephen A Smith’s voice. HOWEVER, I do not have the wherewithal to listen to someone talk about an entire political party participating in some wildly ridiculous conspiracy involving a child pedophile ring. I also do not have the ability to listen to a party full of our fellow human beings just randomly say COMMUNISM is coming with Biden and Antifa will be marching on our neighborhoods along with MS-13. There are people who are professionals at working with cult members and reintroducing them to the real world. My younger brother voted for Dotard. I have never heard him go the conspiracy route. He votes R because he thinks the economy will continue to crater with Biden as best I can tell. Trying to explain to him why that is not accurate in any way, shape, form or fashion is something I am not prepared to do at this point. I can be kind to them like I would anyone else, but not I will not listen to wild Pedo-driven conspiracies and the Deep State whatever you want to call it.

Edited by UpperWestside

1 minute ago, Hookah Horns said:

King is saying dotard needs to win GA and PA, but I don't think that's true unless I'm missing something. If Biden wins only GA, then there's a tie and it goes go to the House, where each state delegation gets one vote, and dotard would win there. 

He’s probably assuming Nevada and/or Zona goes Dem.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Hookah Horns said:

King is saying dotard needs to win GA and PA, but I don't think that's true, unless I'm missing something. If Biden wins only GA, then there's a tie and it goes go to the House, where each state delegation gets one vote, and dotard would win there. 

Trump has to win 4 of the remaining 5 states to win. Biden only needs two