2020 Presidential Election -- Biden v Trump: Sleepy Joe vs Dopey Don [Results begin on page 409]

Patrick Bateman

We're going to start getting a bunch of results from Pennsylvania if for no other reason than the government workers don't want to come back on a Saturday.  We're going to get a call tonight.

Goddamn--I really wish my father were still around to see this.  He hated Trump more than anybody I know (and that includes @Brisketexan).

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Throwing out, you know, that, Mrs. Lincoln really enjoyed the production of "Our American Cousin"  at Ford's theater.

It’s just another mindless slogan from Planet Conservatardia.

And it’s really stupid. Watch me do this one:

”Throw out Texas and Biden won the popular vote basically by 5M.”

Yeah I said that, but I’m not patting myself on the back and acting all brilliant...because there’s nothing brilliant about that observation. Just some shit Limbaugh would say.

Since 2012 states like LA, AL, FL, NC and now likely GA have all elected a Democrat through a statewide election or had their electoral votes go to a Democrat President candidate.  Yet TX is lumped in with the likes of MS, AR, KY, etc.  You are known by the company you keep and this state politically sucks fucking shit.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

I kind of like Philadelphia.  There are some really pretty parts along the river.  There is some pretty good food.  And there's a lot of history/good museums to check out as a tourist.

Yeah I lived in Bucks county for a few years about 45 minutes North of downtown Philly.  Center City/Downtown is like a little New York City.  World Class restaurants and south Philly is unbelievable Italian food served in restaurants that are like little houses.  Also, Reading Terminal Market downtown is a cool food scene.  Problem is the city is surrounded like many cities with some let's say "rough" neighborhoods.  Between the food, history, and museums it's a cool place to visit.

1 minute ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Since 2012 states like LA, AL, FL, NC and now likely GA have all elected a Democrat through a statewide election or had their electoral votes go to a Democrat President candidate.  Yet TX is lumped in with the likes of MS, AR, KY, etc.  You are known by the company you keep and this state politically sucks fucking shit.

It's like you are saying that Ted Cruz, John Cornyn, Abbot, Perry, Gohmert, etc.. are bad leaders.  With a state like TX it sucks we can't get better representation for its people.  

1 minute ago, The Dog said:

or they could just call Nevada and Arizona and end this. Trump isn't winning either. 

there's some fuckery going on with AZ votes. I don't really understand how they are batching the counts. If they are from Maricopa trump is threading the needle to make it like a sub 500 vote race though. 

If maricopa really is Dem stronghold they are probably just making it dramatic and then a blowout drop will come. 

That Philadelphia Inquirer article is a kick in the fucking teeth, the count of maybe 100K provisional ballots only started about 20 minutes ago, so this could take days. If true, shit. 

https://www.inquirer.com/politics/election/spl/provisional-ballot-pennsylvania-counting-election-2020-20201106.html

HARRISBURG — Those across the nation eager for a winner to be declared in Pennsylvania might have to wait a little longer because of a flood of provisional ballots, most of which are only now being counted in a process that takes a lot more time than tallying in-person or mail votes.

As of Friday morning, 56 of the state’s 67 counties reported about 85,000 provisional ballots cast based on only a partial count, a Pennsylvania Department of State spokesperson said. House Speaker Bryan Cutler told reporters Friday he’s told the number could top 100,000.

Provisional ballots are cast when a voter’s eligibility is in question. And so far, 2020 looks like it might be a record year, owing mostly to the state’s expansion of no-excuse mail voting.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Captainant said:

Not to be too cynical, but assuming that these polls are as off as the rest of the polls... 

Could be, but military respondents are different. And Bernie did well with the military in terms of fundraising.

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/bernie-sanders-leads-trump-all-2020-candidates-in-donations-from-active-duty-troops-946188/

Good article on how Trump is not a darling of active duty military. 

19 minutes ago, heso said:

Look, we’re all having fun with philly saving the day, but come next hockey season philly will go back to being the dumbest, most violent, and overly drunk sports city in the country. 

they can enjoy their respect through Inauguration Day. After that they’ll go back to being fat drunk and stupid and they‘ll remind everyone for the next 50 years, as they vomit into a urinal, about that time they saved America.  

spacer.png

1 minute ago, immamac said:

there's some fuckery going on with AZ votes. I don't really understand how they are batching the counts. If they are from Maricopa trump is threading the needle to make it like a sub 500 vote race though. 

If maricopa really is Dem stronghold they are probably just making it dramatic and then a blowout drop will come. 

kinky GIF

5 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

I was hoping Texas would find a more independent path from the low information states - and, to its credit, Texas is on the cusp of becoming purple. But - yes - Texas is looking like the touchstone for Trump Republican idiocy in the overall scheme of things. That is a blow to Texas prestige in the bigger business world. 

10 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

Yeah I lived in Bucks county for a few years about 45 minutes North of downtown Philly.  Center City/Downtown is like a little New York City.  World Class restaurants and south Philly is unbelievable Italian food served in restaurants that are like little houses.  Also, Reading Terminal Market downtown is a cool food scene.  Problem is the city is surrounded like many cities with some let's say "rough" neighborhoods.  Between the food, history, and museums it's a cool place to visit.

I handled the Pittsburgh-Philadelphia road trip for the Dallas Stars back in 2003 or 2004 and I enjoyed both cities quite a bit. We had an off-day in Philly so I did all the historic stuff and it was bad ass. Downtown area of Pittsburgh is cool too.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, shakahorn said:

I dunno man, before Tuesday, I would have thought they largely hated him, but after seeing what we've seen, I wouldn't be surprised if officers lean trump and enlisted are waaaaay trump.

Younger enlisted folks care about two things:  1) Getting paid and 2) getting laid, and not necessarily in that order.

Shit, when I was in, I never bothered dealing with an absentee ballot, I just didn't vote.  My biggest concern was making sure my important bills got forwarded.

I don't know how they do it these days though - were these ballots actually requested, or did Georgia flag registered voters that were out-of-state military, and send those ballots out automatically/unrequested?  

If they were requested, then yeah, there might be a high number that actually vote.  Then again, Trump really fucked the military around with how he's handled the Middle East, Europe/NATO, etc.

16 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Georgia: Biden currently leads here by a razor-thin margin (1,561 votes) with about 8,200 regular absentee ballots, up to 8,900 overseas ballots and at least 5,500 provisional ballots left to count (plus 2,000 rejected absentee ballots that could be “cured” by their voters). 

You're behind on your count amigo. Biden is +4000. 

That Philadelphia Inquirer article is a kick in the fucking teeth, the count of maybe 100K provisional ballots only started about 20 minutes ago, so this could take days. If true, shit. 
https://www.inquirer.com/politics/election/spl/provisional-ballot-pennsylvania-counting-election-2020-20201106.html
HARRISBURG — Those across the nation eager for a winner to be declared in Pennsylvania might have to wait a little longer because of a flood of provisional ballots, most of which are only now being counted in a process that takes a lot more time than tallying in-person or mail votes.
As of Friday morning, 56 of the state’s 67 counties reported about 85,000 provisional ballots cast based on only a partial count, a Pennsylvania Department of State spokesperson said. House Speaker Bryan Cutler told reporters Friday he’s told the number could top 100,000.
Provisional ballots are cast when a voter’s eligibility is in question. And so far, 2020 looks like it might be a record year, owing mostly to the state’s expansion of no-excuse mail voting.

PA needs to get their shit together by the next election

4 minutes ago, C-Man said:

I handled the Pittsburgh-Philadelphia road trip for the Dallas Stars back in 2003 or 2004 and I enjoyed both cities quite a bit. We had an off-day in Philly so I did all the historic stuff and it was bad ass. Downtown area of Pittsburgh is cool too.

I drove from Texas to NY for my move in 2011 and was pleasantly surprised how beautiful Pittsburgh is, very cool to drive thru the tunnel on the WV side and then BOOM there's Pittsburgh on the other side.  The Pirates happened to be in town, so  stuck around to catch a game in PNC, beautiful park/view. 

California argument is so goddamn stupid. If a democrat said “Well, if we throw out Wyoming, Alaska, North and South Dakota, Montana, Idaho, West Virginia, Nebraska, Kansas, Mississippi, Arkansas, Iowa, Utah, Oklahoma, Kentucky, and Louisiana,” that democrat would still be throwing out over 1,500,000 fewer people despite throwing out 81 EV (I think, just did that in my head off the screen real quick so maybe give or take a couple) to California’s 55.

If you ever hear anyone try the “Well, excluding California” thing, dismiss them as a moron and ridicule them immediately. If you do not, you are a moron and should be ridiculed.

20 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

30 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

I kind of like Philadelphia.  There are some really pretty parts along the river.  There is some pretty good food.  And there's a lot of history/good museums to check out as a tourist.

Agree with both of these.  Underrated city, IMO.  CC is compact and walkable and it's surrounded by some cool neighborhoods.  Great food city and the "Skookill" is a great river and the trail is awesome.  However, Beantown is correct about some of the more "rough" areas.  The Philly attitude is a bit of a cliche' but it's true.  They have a loveable chip on their shoulders for a whole list of reasons.

Edited by Aqua Buddha