2022 Fall Camp: Drippin'

DFW Horn

6 hours ago, 40acredropout said:

There is a difference between saying our defense is going to suck forever and looking at this roster and reasonably expecting us to suck balls again in 2022.

This was our defense last year:

• Points per Play - 93rd
  • Yards per Play - 100th
  • Turnovers per Game - 99th
  • Sack % - 103rd
  • 3rd Down Conversion% - 94th
  • Red Zone Scoring % - 93rd
  • Punts per Play - 85th

That wasn't a young unit being thrown into the fire.  65% of defensive snaps were taken by 4th+ year players.  

This won't be a brand new defense.  Returning players account for 72% of snaps from last season.  We have an incoming freshman class and the only two portal additions are a FCS LB and inexperienced 2nd year CB. 

Is it reasonable to expect marginal improvement due to a 2nd year in PK's system or GP being added to the mix?  Sure, maybe.   Addition by subtraction sending guys like Foster packing?  Maybe.   

I really don't think the lack of talent at LB can be overstated.  Tell me how you see that unit being materially better.  I hope I'm wrong but I don't see DTB moving the needle.  Without getting significantly better at LB, I don't see the defense materially improving.   Hope I'm wrong.

Not a bad argument.  That said, let's compare the two deep when it comes out and see how your argument stands then.  I think 72% coming back has less to do with the story than who plays where/when.   

3 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

Who is this clown? This is why our media can’t have nice things. They perpetuate this bullshit that gets soaked up by the national media and then it becomes a narrative.

I think he’s part of TFB.  Those guys called Sark first and said quinn was going to win the job months ago which in hindsight isn’t shocking 

27 minutes ago, Bigbend1812 said:

Get this shit out of here.  This is some dumbass shit.  “ It’s close! “.   Lulz ok.   Can we start the season yet.  Jesus tittay fucking Christ.

The $9.95ers made something up and were wrong. Somebody, who is not them, is clearly responsible for this travesty.

I like how he prints that reports were that Card was going to start despite it always being Ewers apparently (which anybody with half a brain knew). The guys who consider themselves experts on the program cannot grasp the obvious things even a casual fan would know.

But to be fair to them if they don't print weird wild stuff like Card being the starter then they are hardly going to generate much interest in what they have to say. Just like here they can start presenting completely normal and ordinary things like a 5* QB earning a starting role as some kind of shadowy mysterious corrupt abnormality that must have deep and dark reasons for happening.

Edited by Valmy77
  • Haha 2

Last five years recruiting class rankings, Texas vs. Baylor

(2018)   Texas 3rd     Baylor 29th 

(2019)   Texas 3rd     Baylor 36th 

(2020)   Texas 8th     Baylor 49th 

(2021)   Texas 15th    Baylor 41st 

(2022)   Texas 5th     Baylor 37th 

2021 Texas Longhorns, finish 5-7, unranked, did not go to a bowl game, lost to Kansas at home, quit playing after first half of OU game, lost 6 games in a row, shit themselves, quit on their coaches and families, made lifelong fans want to stop watching football, humiliated themselves and their school, unranked in final AP poll

2021 Baylor Bears, finish 12-2, beat OSU to win Big 12 Championship, beat Ole Miss to win Sugar Bowl, 5th in final AP poll

So much for class rankings

This team quit last year, simple as that. For anyone that ever played football in the backyard that is hard to wrap your head around. Why quit? If for nothing else your personal dignity, have a little pride in yourself for f**ks sake. It drove Coach Davis so crazy he almost had a psychotic breakdown, and at the time it seemed like a reasonable take on the situation. Whoever is injured, who is playing edge, who lines up at QB - all just noise. This team could win with either guy if they showed up to play. Until this issue is addressed nothing else matters. This loser mentality is so deeply entrenched at this point it will take someone truly special to pull them out of it. I like Sarkesian, he's a great OC, and maybe a great HC, but it will be some heavy lifting getting this group to play. This team deserves no beneefit of the doubt. Still pretty much the same crew that laid down for Kansas, entitled, underachieving losers until proven differenty.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

Indeed. Recruiting victories mean nothing if they don't convert to great football players. Baylor has done that and we haven't. Good for them. 

I don't really care what the team deserves. I am just a fan and hope for better things. Got to do something before Texas Baseball season after all.

• Hook 'Em 2

29 minutes ago, Loather said:

Last five years recruiting class rankings, Texas vs. Baylor

(2018)   Texas 3rd     Baylor 29th 

(2019)   Texas 3rd     Baylor 36th 

(2020)   Texas 8th     Baylor 49th 

(2021)   Texas 15th    Baylor 41st 

(2022)   Texas 5th     Baylor 37th 

2021 Texas Longhorns, finish 5-7, unranked, did not go to a bowl game, lost to Kansas at home, quit playing after first half of OU game, lost 6 games in a row, shit themselves, quit on their coaches and families, made lifelong fans want to stop watching football, humiliated themselves and their school, unranked in final AP poll

2021 Baylor Bears, finish 12-2, beat OSU to win Big 12 Championship, beat Ole Miss to win Sugar Bowl, 5th in final AP poll

So much for class rankings

This team quit last year, simple as that. For anyone that ever played football in the backyard that is hard to wrap your head around. Why quit? If for nothing else your personal dignity, have a little pride in yourself for f**ks sake. It drove Coach Davis so crazy he almost had a psychotic breakdown, and at the time it seemed like a reasonable take on the situation. Whoever is injured, who is playing edge, who lines up at QB - all just noise. This team could win with either guy if they showed up to play. Until this issue is addressed nothing else matters. This loser mentality is so deeply entrenched at this point it will take someone truly special to pull them out of it. I like Sarkesian, he's a great OC, and maybe a great HC, but it will be some heavy lifting getting this group to play. This team deserves no beneefit of the doubt. Still pretty much the same crew that laid down for Kansas, entitled, underachieving losers until proven differenty.

This shit has been beaten to death, but there is next to nothing left of the 2018 and 2019 classes. It can be argued that the 2017 transition class was better than both the 2018/2019 classes that Herman recruited when he had momentum. Poor evals, poor development, likely star chasing in some cases. 

The 2020 and 2021 classes are serviceable, but the 2022 class is looking really good so far. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1