It's Dead, Jim

RPM

The 2023 Games will be held in Las Vegas, and the flag football game at Allegiant Stadium is Sunday, Feb. 5.

Peyton Manning and his Omaha Productions company will help shape programming and promote the event’s content throughout the week.

Sounds like they are at least trying to do this right. Destination site and somebody that knows how to put on an entertaining bit. I'd like to see it return to Hawaii at some point, but they gotta build a stadium.

3 minutes ago, tonedeaf said:

Last time I watched a NFL game other than the super bowl was the early 80's.  When did they move the extra point back? 

I think this is its third or fourth year. One of the best decisions they've made as it's certainly not automatic from that range and games hinge on it quite often. 

Damn, it's been in place since 2015. Fuckin A', time flies. 

Edited by ConferenceRoom

12 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

What would an NFL skills competition even look like?

Event 1 - Fastest Massage Parlor Happy Ending Finish

Event 2 - Drunken Drag Racing

Event 3 - Needle Obstacle Course - catch all the steroid needles and dodge all the Covid vaccine needles

Don't forget Event 4 - NFC and AFC stage mock debate on political issues.

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:
2 hours ago, tokamak said:
What are the linemen going to do if it's a flag football game? They should have a separate game for them, that'd be hilarious.

Buffet eating contest

Hog Fights: The event starts with a dinner at Wolfgang Puck's STEAK restaurant. All you can eat and an open bar. Once your BAC reaches .12, you are allowed to leave the restaurant and head to the dance club, where you gotta fuck the fattest, ugliest gal you can find. Weigh-in is at 4:00 AM. Trophies for the top three places. Side bets allowed. Calcutta style betting available. 

48 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

What would an NFL skills competition even look like?

Event 1 - Fastest Massage Parlor Happy Ending Finish

Event 2 - Drunken Drag Racing

Event 3 - Needle Obstacle Course - catch all the steroid needles and dodge all the Covid vaccine needles

Event 4 - longest cover-up of hitting your pregnant girlfriend. Timer stops when either the cops or your FO finds out. 

• Rage+1 1

3 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

I don’t think I’ve watched a pro bowl in 20+ years

I went one year when I lived in Hawaii, and it was pretty boring in person, except for all the hawt snatch in the stands.

Shit, I remember when the defending Super Bowl champs would play the college All-Stars.  That was fun, but it would never happen today.

• Hook 'Em 3

3 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

I went one year when I lived in Hawaii, and it was pretty boring in person, except for all the hawt snatch in the stands.

Shit, I remember when the defending Super Bowl champs would play the college All-Stars.  That was fun, but it would never happen today.

Yeah, I was thinking about those games too. Too much $$$ to lose with an injury, on both sides, for this game anymore.

Weird how they let the skills challenges go away a while back and now they're a good idea again. They were always more fun than the stupidass game, at least since the 80s or so.

The beach flag football game in 98 essentially ended a great rookie RB's career, despite a brief semi-comeback years later. Nearly had to have his leg amputated. Now Goodell wants to make flag football great again.

The game of horse between field goal kickers they had one year was pretty cool. QB skills challenge was semi-cool.

Bring back the Superstars.

8 hours ago, RPM said:

Sounds like they are at least trying to do this right. Destination site and somebody that knows how to put on an entertaining bit. I'd like to see it return to Hawaii at some point, but they gotta build a stadium.

thought Hawaii had a stadium that held 150 people.

Watching certain star QBs throw to other teams’ star WRs in a combination that would only exist in fantasy is/was always cool, but I guess they can still have a variant of that in the flag football game. 

Place Kicker Horse sounds entertaining. Maybe a punt return challenge where they load up random size and shape objects, some greased up, and shoot them out of a cannon?