Loudest DKR Moment You've Experienced

hornfan785

Mine would have to be this. The crowd exploded the instant Ramonce got the ball because we instantly all knew it was going to be a TD and Texas was winning that game. Greatest comeback I've ever witnessed. 2008 Missouri game was probably louder for a more sustained amount of time, but this single moment was the loudest I ever heard.

• Hook 'Em 7

Per capita this was the best energy I've ever been in attendance for at DKR. I think the diving CJ catch was the loudest moment. Stadium wasn't full and there had to be a good 10k TCU fans that day but we were bringing the heat. 

TCU had beaten us 4 straight seasons by 17, 22, 43 and 38 points. There was a lot of catharsis that day. 

• Hook 'Em 3

46 minutes ago, hornfan785 said:

Mine would have to be this. The crowd exploded the instant Ramonce got the ball because we instantly all knew it was going to be a TD and Texas was winning that game. Greatest comeback I've ever witnessed. 2008 Missouri game was probably louder for a more sustained amount of time, but this single moment was the loudest I ever heard.

I think I had an orgasm when that TD happened. Best comeback I'd ever seen...until VY did it the next year against oSu in Stillwater, which I attended. The nonchalant toss VY gives to Ramonce was maybe my favorite part of the play. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BigBenBamboozle said:

Single play has to be Kindle committed a felony on Taylor Potts. My lawd.

Was a freshman when this happened at my first game ever at DKR… definitely remember leaving that game with ringing ears and a headache. 
Others mentioned above - WVU 2012 was a rowdy one, ND 2016 swoops score, blocked kick returned for score against USC in 2018(?). Over the course of the whole game Bama this year was loudest game I’ve ever been to though. 

Remember when they had that decibel meter on the scoreboard? The orange bands around the edge of the scoreboard would light up and the light would rise higher and higher with the noise until at the loudest moment it would light up the Longhorn at the top.  Does the new scoreboard have anything like that? It should.  Lighting up the Longhorn became a goal 

Edited by Your Mom

11/09/1963.....Carlisle jumps Elkins route and intercepts pass with 22 seconds left to win game and send Horns to Cotton Bowl...yall know the end result! When crowd erupted the sound was thunderous as if 100K were in attendance that afternoon. Guess standing on West sideline made roar even louder. Hook'em!!

43 minutes ago, Js1 said:

2008 Mizzou coming off the OU win and being #1

Was going to say this one.

I wasn't at the legendary 1990 Houston game, which seems to get mentioned a lot.  I was at Ricky's 1998 record-breaker against aggy, the 2016 OT thriller against Notre Dame, the 2018 blasting of USC, and this year's game against Bama, to name some of the loudest games I've attended.

But the Mizzou game in 2008 was the first time I've ever seen the Longhorns play at home ranked No. 1 (don't forget, Mizzou was ranked 11 at the time and had a damned good team), and it was after one of the best Texas/OU games in recent history.  When we jumped to a pretty big lead in the first half, that place was louder than I've ever experienced.

1 minute ago, South Austin said:

I wasn't at the legendary 1990 Houston game, which seems to get mentioned a lot.  I was at Ricky's 1998 record-breaker against aggy, the 2016 OT thriller against Notre Dame, the 2018 blasting of USC, and this year's game against Bama, to name some of the loudest games I've attended.

But the Mizzou game in 2008 was the first time I've ever seen the Longhorns play at home ranked No. 1 (don't forget, Mizzou was ranked 11 at the time and had a damned good team), and it was after one of the best Texas/OU games in recent history.  When we jumped to a pretty big lead in the first half, that place was louder than I've ever experienced.

I don’t think I could speak for a week after. We followed that up with a very close afternoon game against a highly ranked OSU squad that was hot as balls and about 50% of the Mizzou atmosphere 

1 hour ago, BigBenBamboozle said:

Ohio State, even though we got Ginn’d, was the best atmosphere I’ve seen in DKR.

Single play has to be Kindle committing a felony on Taylor Potts. My lawd.

Yep, that is the loudest I have ever heard at DKR. The stands were shaking in Section 6.

CHIEF

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, South Austin said:

This. Electric atmosphere

• Hook 'Em 1

36 minutes ago, South Austin said:

on the very first play of the game mizzou tried to run an end around to maclin and roy miller completely blew it up for a 6-7 yard loss, the place blew up and never really stopped (at least in the first half).  great memories.

should add that i wasn't there for bama this year, but on tv it sounded loud as fuck.

Edited by BigOrange1
  • Hook 'Em 1

52 minutes ago, Luv2win said:

11/09/1963.....Carlisle jumps Elkins route and intercepts pass with 22 seconds left to win game and send Horns to Cotton Bowl...yall know the end result! When crowd erupted the sound was thunderous as if 100K were in attendance that afternoon. Guess standing on West sideline made roar even louder. Hook'em!!

I was at that game.  

7-0 doesn't sound like a very interesting game but that was one of the most exciting games I have ever attended.  

1 hour ago, BigBenBamboozle said:

Ohio State, even though we got Ginn’d, was the best atmosphere I’ve seen in DKR.

Single play has to be Kindle committing a felony on Taylor Potts. My lawd.

I was gonna say Kindle vs Potts. It was hot and muggy that night. We were in that endzone where it happened and for a second, I wasn’t sure if Potts head was still in the helmet or not. The place EXPLODED when that hit happened.

IIRC, Shipley housed a punt return that night as well.

Edited by lilMAC25

For us olds, it was 1990 Houston.  

Yeah, I’m not sure I’ll ever experience a Texas home atmosphere like that again. I was a HS senior and came up for the game with my parents and younger brother. It was utter insanity. I haven’t been to DKR regularly in quite some time but those Nebraska games in the early Big 12 days were pretty sweet atmospheres.
  • Hook 'Em 2

Didn’t attend a lot of games prior to 2005, but Bama was loudest sporting event I’ve been too.   There was a Knicks Spurs game in the old Hemisphere Arena in the early nineties that is probably second on my all time sports list.   Notre Dame in 2016 was pretty damn loud too.  

I went to the final two Spurs/Blazers games in SA in the 1990 Western Semifinals and those were maybe the loudest basketball crowds I was ever part of — and I was at Game 7 in 2005. We whipped Portland’s asses in those games and HemisFair’s roof nearly blew off.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, C-Man said:

I went to the final two Spurs/Blazers games in SA in the 1990 Western Semifinals and those were maybe the loudest basketball crowds I was ever part of — and I was at Game 7 in 2005. We whipped Portland’s asses in those games and HemisFair’s roof nearly blew off.

The Mavs playoff game at Moody was the loudest sporting event I ever attended and it’s not close.

1 hour ago, GreenspointTexas said:

It was 08 mizzou until this year. Bama game def gets my vote

Yeah the games this year have been loud. I found that confusing but I have been told it is the beer. Alcohol fueled crowds are louder.

That Bama game was pretty nuts.

7 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

Say what you want, sonny. 
But for us really olds it was Tommy Ford’s TD with 36 seconds to go in the 1962 game vs. the Piggies.

14F9DFF9-66D3-499B-B7A0-85BBAA668636.jpeg

ED1120D9-E4AE-4C52-AF61-E4E5598F60E6.jpeg

Tommy Ford! My “Introduction to Coaching Football” instructor when I was at UT. 

1990 game against UH for me, but there weren’t a lot of home highlights during the McWilliams era. When have fans rushed the field since that game?

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Duane Moore said:

Tommy Ford! My “Introduction to Coaching Football” instructor when I was at UT. 

1990 game against UH for me, but there weren’t a lot of home highlights during the McWilliams era. When have fans rushed the field since that game?

Wally Pryor: 

“Someone get that idiot off the goal post”. 🤣

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

Not sure if it's the loudest but Missouri 2008 we were running late to the game. Riding the escalators up to the west side upper deck we heard the crowd from inside the walls of Belmont. I figured we had scored but didn't hear the cannon.

Was shocked to learn that the crowd noise was just from the sack on I think the first play of the game. The crowd was fucking into that shit that night.

• Hook 'Em 2