45 indicated

Cairn Horn88

30 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

TweetStorm 06132023 is gonna be AWESOME!

28 minutes ago, Celery Man said:

YYYYMMDD, please

I deal with too much data with dates, YYYYMMDD as well. Although in documents I write it "13 Jun 2023"

24 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

And Team Double Space.

Denzel Washington GIF

When I write stuff for other people, fuck me I have to search for the double spaces. All thanks to my junior high typing class, which used real fucking typewriters.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Oh, HELL no.  Team Oxford Comma, too.  And Team Double Space.

Date format opinion confuses me. He was correct because then files and folders are automatically sorted correctly. 

Agreed on the latter two even though the double space is dying.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Celery Man said:

image.thumb.png.a9e6110a64816857a2a3015b4185cdc3.png

republicans are so goddamned stupid

I'm not that well versed in many things. Does that mean 18% think Trump is shitting his pants or 18% of those polled wear the same undergarments as Trump? Do 61% think he won't change his depends if he shits his pants over the indictment?

22 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Date format opinion confuses me. He was correct because then files and folders are automatically sorted correctly. 

Previous employment required DDmmmYY with the month being an alphabetized abbreviation.  Never liked it. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto
  • Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

When I write stuff for other people, fuck me I have to search for the double spaces. All thanks to my junior high typing class, which used real fucking typewriters.

when i rewrite emails for the wife, she has to go through and find the double spaces.  when she tells me about this horror, she looks at me like she wants to hit me with a closed fist.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, RDCanecutter said:

Sounds like a very Germanic approach. My Celtic ancestry inclines me to say "Don't pardon the J6 convicts, because fuck em."

According to DNA studies, the Angles Saxons, Frisians and Jutes eliminated your Celtic ancestry before you had a chance to be Celtic. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Anyone who chooses one as the end-all be-all answer is wrong.

The Oxford comma clarifies meaning in certain cases, and messes it up in others; you should use whichever one results in the clearest meaning. In cases where the meaning is clear regardless, just be consistent; nobody gives a shit.

Two spaces should be used for fixed-with type, one space should be used for proportional-width type.

• Hook 'Em 1

so cnn keeps playing this clip from an earlier interview with ken buck.  buck isn't a big trump guy, but he's a republican, so he's saying the same ole shit.  then he says that he wouldn't be comfortable with a convicted felon in the white house.  so apparently, that's where we are.  semantics. 

he's basically saying he acknowledges what he did, maybe he's even ok with it, but if he gets convicted, that's a bridge too far.  ok.

if you think what he did shouldn't be a crime, fine.

if you think what he did should be a crime, but he shouldn't be prosecuted because he's a former potus, fine.

if you think other people committed those crimes too, fine.

if you think hillary clinton and joe biden and mike pence should be in prison already, fine.

if you think there's no way that 12/12 jurors in florida agree to convict him, fine.

but don't sit here and act like we're not sure if he did it.  he did it.  we know he did it.  we have him on tape doing it.  everyone close to him offered evidence that he did it.  we have audio tape and photographical evidence that he did it. 

if you need mental gymnastics to figure out what to say to a journalist, then you should stop giving interviews.  i have not heard one republican say he didn't do it.   

Edited by henrygandorf
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 2

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

I deal with too much data with dates, YYYYMMDD as well. Although in documents I write it "13 Jun 2023"

Denzel Washington GIF

Once, a loooong time ago, I had a piece of prior art, a British or other European patent document dated 05.12.19XX.  I and the client were shitting ourselves because in 'merican, that was prior to our filing date, making it relevant prior art.

Took us all a while to remember that was 5 December 19xx, making it about six months after our filing date and thus immaterial.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Haha 1

• blacklab changed the title to 45 indicated