45 indicated

Cairn Horn88

13 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

We laugh at something increasingly unfunny. 

There never has been a movement in the US that called itself woke-ism, yet tens of millions of Americans are called to action in hatred of that movement. It's the best object for hate and fear since they started mischaracterizing liberalism.

It's the worst object of their hate as being woke mostly refers to being tolerant and empathetic. To me, this is the leap to Nazism only likely worse. The Nazis focused their unthinkable hatred and punishment on groups that could be identiffied as something. Jews, gays, gypsies (the Romani). 

There is no clear identity of the woke-ist. Just hunt down the ones that don't support the Chosen Lies or hate the Chosen Evil. This is more akin to the Red Scare when casual accusation could ruin a person.

We've got a serious white man problem.

358375658_581817720788552_90608409469078

• Haha 4

I may have missed it in the punctuation talk but has the question come up about Cannon's latest "non-order"  where she fails to decide the law on the PRA after she asked both sides to submit the jury instructions?

Either the PRA applies to classified government documents or it does not (narrator: It does not) and that won't change mid-trial.  Is she granting Trump a lifeline that if they seat a jury and jeopardy attaches she can erroneously decide that the PRA applies and dismiss the case?  Why aren't we back to the 11th again?

Edited by TexasEd
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, miguelito said:

Maybe, but now he's strenuously objecting.

“Really Serious Ex  Parte Motion to Strenuously Object Bigly to the trial being in state court in New York instead of in Fort Pierce, Florida in front of that federal woman I like because…… election interference.”

IMG_2537.gif.9bb94ab035f4fdac47c33ff914e1a1d5.gif

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Gatorubet said:
1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:
Yes, now is the exact correct time to bring up a change of venue.  Let’s take a month to think it over. 

I can’t keep it all straight. Didn’t Trump have a go at this before and was denied?

Just assume it’s normal. I’m sure whatever applies to regular people and lawyers acting in good faith applies here. 

• Rage+1 3

19 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

Dammit!!! The fuckin’ courts let the rich and powerful get away with everything. This is just another example of they can do whatever they want and…….what?

I mean, even lawyers could see the utter ridiculousness of this motion.  Just because one of the more egregious attempts to delay wasn’t granted doesn’t mean he’s not been the recipient of some extraordinarily lenient shit so far. 

Nevermind the triple negative there. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Biff Tannen said:

I mean, even lawyers could see the utter ridiculousness of this motion.  Just because one of the more egregious attempts to delay wasn’t granted doesn’t mean he’s not been the recipient of some extraordinarily lenient shit so far. 

Itemize for us the lenient shit he's gotten from Engoron's court.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Itemize for us the lenient shit he's gotten from Engoron's court.

Well for starters, he keeps threatening witnesses and judges and prosecutors , and also the bond thing and, um at church it's good girls. Or this place here where I'm going tonight, the black awareness rally it's gonna be some fine women there, good good clean girls  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Gatorubet said:

Dammit!!! The fuckin’ courts let the rich and powerful get away with everything. This is just another example of they can do whatever they want and…….what?

we really need a sarcasm punctuation mark. I think we would avoid a lot of misinformation that way

https://www.cnn.com/2024/04/08/politics/special-counsel-jack-smith-supreme-court-trump-immunity-claim/index.html

Special counsel Jack Smith urged the Supreme Court on Monday to reject Donald Trump’s claims of sweeping immunity and to deny the former president any opportunity to delay a trial on charges that he attempted to subvert the results of the 2020 election.

Trump’s position, Smith told the court, has no grounding in the Constitution, the nation’s history or Americans’ understanding that presidents are not above the law. Even if the Supreme Court finds that former presidents are entitled to some form of immunity, Smith asserted, at least some of Trump’s actions were private conduct – far removed from “official acts” – and could be prosecuted.

“The Framers never endorsed criminal immunity for a former President, and all Presidents from the Founding to the modern era have known that after leaving office they faced potential criminal liability for official acts,” Smith told the court.

Smith’s filing landed in what has emerged as the most closely watched case of the Supreme Court’s current term. A broad ruling for Trump could undermine not only the special counsel’s election subversion case, but a litany of other criminal charges pending against him.

The Supreme Court will hear arguments April 25, and a decision is expected by July. Trump’s written reply to Smith is due next week.

Smith attempted to bat away Trump’s argument that if a limited form of immunity for former presidents exists, that would require lower courts to review how that immunity might be applied in Trump’s case. If a majority of the justices went that route, it could significantly delay a trial.

But the special counsel asserted that many of Trump’s actions were private. The Constitution, he said, doesn’t give a president a role in certifying the election of his successor. So Trump’s efforts, Smith added, were part of “a private scheme with private actors to achieve a private end: petitioner’s effort to remain in power by fraud.”

Trump filed his own initial written arguments last month, claiming that future presidents would be vulnerable to “de facto blackmail and extortion while in office” if the court denied him immunity. Past presidents, he said, could have been charged for all sorts of controversial actions they took in office. Smith pushed back on that position in his latest brief.

“The effective functioning of the presidency does not require that a former president be immune from accountability for these alleged violations of federal criminal law,” Smith wrote Monday. “To the contrary, a bedrock principle of our constitutional order is that no person is above the law – including the president.”

In his filing last month, the presumptive 2024 GOP nominee had also floated an alternative route for the justices that would help him achieve the political goal of delaying a trial until after the November election – if they were unwilling to accept his maximalist theory of presidential immunity.

Under that scenario, the court could send the case back to lower courts for more proceedings – a move that would push off a trial for months – to determine whether any partial theory of immunity would apply in his case.

But Smith appeared eager to steer the court away from that outcome. Instead, he said that if the Supreme Court finds that former presidents are entitled to some immunity, a trial could get underway focused on Trump’s private actions.

“Even if the court were inclined to recognize some immunity for a former president’s official acts, it should remand for trial because the indictment alleges substantial private conduct in service of petitioner’s private aim,” Smith told the Supreme Court.

Trump’s “use of official power was merely an additional means of achieving a private aim – to perpetuate his term in office – that is prosecutable based on private conduct,” the special counsel argued.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1

Corporations and Billionaires in America have been planning for this year for decades. Dumbing down the American population through public education funding cuts and neglect to get to this point to test if the populace is sufficiently ignorant and stupid enough to vote for it's own demise. 

The courts aren't equipped to save the country. It will all rest on the millions who vote, and in reality the thousands who vote in a few key states. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 6

11 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

we really need a sarcasm punctuation mark. I think we would avoid a lot of misinformation that way

Punctuation discussion is not abating.

1 hour ago, RomaVicta said:

Can no one stop their bickering long enough to think of and pray for poor Alina Abba?

It had been all this:

spacer.png

But, now, it's all this. 

spacer.png

I'm willing to donate to her gofundme onlyfans.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Prepare your anus 1

On 4/5/2024 at 1:00 PM, scottsins said:

THIS!

I guess some would propose a solution along the lines of just having judges state:

“ I know that there are rules and shit, but I really think this defendant is a danger to our country so I’m going to just do some shit that I never do otherwise, possible outside what is allowed by law.”

you mean like what they did with the Guantanamo detainees? 

55 minutes ago, Willfully Horn said:

This fucking court should have fast tracked arguments and come to an expedited decision on immunity. 

That's much less important than deciding whether a mom and pop bakery might have to serve a gay person in the future.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

That's pretty fast.

A New York appeals court judge Tuesday rejected former President Donald Trump’s latest bid to delay his hush money criminal trial while he fights a gag order. Barring further court action, the ruling clears the way for jury selection to begin next week.

Justice Cynthia Kern’s ruling is yet another loss for Trump, who has tried repeatedly to get the trial postponed.

Trump’s lawyers had wanted the trial delayed until a full panel of appellate court judges could hear arguments on lifting or modifying a gag order that bans him from making public statements about jurors, witnesses and others connected to the hush-money case.

https://apnews.com/article/donald-trump-gag-order-hush-money-juan-merchan-0a10c7ee0236f760ce50c05cafb163ef?utm

Edited by dcbc
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

40 minutes ago, Macanudo said:

"Barring further action...."

Bwahahahahahaha

I don't think they mean all-caps rants on Truth Social.  The clock ticks on.

the-suspense-is-terrible-i-hope-it-lasts

3 minutes ago, tbone_ said:

DJT taking a shit. Bummer to see.

My only regret is that there are so few shares available to short.

Edited by dcbc

18 hours ago, Chewbacca said:

300 million reduction in the bond amount.

He’s the judge who decided the amount of the judgment as a fairly unprecedents $450 million, much of which is not restitution but penalties. If he wanted to fuck around he would have just set the judgment at $175 mil (or whatever the bond is). As has been said a bunch here, the bond is not to punish or dissuade appeals but to protect plaintiffs’ ability to collect. The dynamics are quite a bit different when it’s the state prosecuting the case and the judgement is largely penalties. Engeron isn’t fucking around. Trump is ultimately fucked and as I’ve argued before judgments before the election make no difference to his cult, he’ll get the same 80 million votes regardless of when these cases are concluded.

Edited by 'stache
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

I thought we were supposed to receive a decision on the gag order today. Like maybe the appellate court would amend it to a ball gag order. 

Orange Trump with an Orange ball gag but still able to get two dicks off with his rally dance moves.  And then does he wear tight-fitting S&M latex or is it like super loose material like his suits for his weird looking body type.  And is the chain around his neck extra long for no reason like his ties? 

Thanks for the nightmare fuel, asshole.  

21 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

No, no, no we will not nevermind the triple negative there.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, YGIFS said:

Orange Trump with an Orange ball gag but still able to get two dicks off with his rally dance moves.  And then does he wear tight-fitting S&M latex or is it like super loose material like his suits for his weird looking body type.  And is the chain around his neck extra long for no reason like his ties? 

Thanks for the nightmare fuel, asshole.  

Have we figured out the D2F ratio in this scenario?

• Like 1