Greg Orders Texas National Guard To Seize Park in Eagle Pass, Bars Border Patrol/CBP

atomheartbevo

On 1/18/2024 at 12:16 AM, immamac said:

I know longhornlove IRL and you guys are really off base here over a differing opinion. Stop being part of outrage dogpile culture. Disagree and move on. 

I get it. It sucks. But sometimes we know really shitty, garbage ass people in real life. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 8

Don't worry Hispanics, the GOP won't turn on you if you decide to keep voting for them

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2024/jan/18/oklahoma-bill-labels-hispanic-people-terrorists#:~:text=In addition to “a member,was met with fierce criticism.

An Oklahoma lawmaker is facing backlash for proposing a discriminatory bill that deems people of Hispanic descent as “terrorists”.

The Republican state representative JJ Humphrey introduced the bill, HB 3133, which seeks to combat problems in the state, such as drug and human trafficking, and lay out punishments to those who have committed these “acts of terrorism”.

The punishment for such a crime would be forfeiting all assets, including any and all property, vehicles and money.

In addition to “a member of a criminal street gang” and someone who “has been convicted of a gang-related offense”, the bill defines a terrorist as “any person who is of Hispanic descent living within the state of Oklahoma”

• Haha 1
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

And, of course, the question arises, if TMD/TNG is doing such a great job patrolling that area, why in the blue fuck didn't they offer assistance or save the distressed?

It doesn't appear that TMD/TNG made a single move toward assisting those in distress, including those that did not drown.

And this would seem to underscore that they are there to obstruct and not to do a better job than CBP.

A cynical person might infer that they’re fine with migrants dying, even that it’s an outcome they were hoping for, thinking it might act as a deterrent to other migrants. 

• Hook 'Em 2

33 minutes ago, Js1 said:

this would be so easy to fix by removing just a few specific words

the bill defines a terrorist as “any person who is living within the state of Oklahoma”

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

A cynical person might infer that they’re fine with migrants dying, even that it’s an outcome they were hoping for, thinking it might act as a deterrent to other migrants. 

I assume they’re just mad they didn’t get to kill them themselves 

51 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

You don’t have to infer it. Abbott stated that he would be Ok with shooting the migrants but he was worried that the Feds would arrest them for murder.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 2

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

But white gang members are just ordinary criminals. Only Hispanic gang members are terrorists. I hate this country.

Edited by 'stache
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

When Abbott blocks access to portions of the border and his private army is patrolling this area, he's responsible for everything that occurs. Now does that mean that the drownings wouldn't have occurred if Abbott's army wasn't there? We have no idea but when you take full control/responsibility for an area, you can't pick and choose the what you're not responsible for.

• Hook 'Em 7

Oklahoma:  White militia groups of caucasian members like Proud Bois, III%, and Oathkeepers who are literally on the FBI's domestic terror watch list, open carrying assault rifles, stockpiling explosives, and engaging in insurrections are just exercising their patriotic rights!

Also Oklahoma watching two Hispanic men share a joint:  All Hispanics within our state, regardless of place of birth, are now terrorists!  

I mean, even for Oklahoma...this is some weird mental gymnastics

• Hook 'Em 3

On 1/18/2024 at 10:44 AM, miguelito said:

I have not read Britney's book.  I'm currently slogging through The Guns of August, so maybe Britney's book will be a natural follow-up.

Are there pictures in it?

I wanted to fuck Barbara Tuchman so bad in 2002.

• Haha 1

My neighborhood is probably 85% immigrants. It's awesome. Everyone is nice and I get to practice my broken Spanish daily. Not to mention the amazing food.

I fear I'll wake up one morning to this entire area being swept by ICE with prison busses and MRAMps.

I don't really believe that will happen but it sure as fuck wouldn't surprise me if it did.

Edited by MissingInAction
  • Hook 'Em 2

45 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Trust me, I’d trade 1000 of your and yours for one of these Mexicans coming across. Nothing in this country more embarrassing than effeminate blue staters.  Saddest shit I see on a daily basis.  

upset-a-wookie-gif.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 6
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

54 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Trust me, I’d trade 1000 of your and yours for one of these Mexicans coming across. Nothing in this country more embarrassing than effeminate blue staters.  Saddest shit I see on a daily basis.  

If you’re a non-effeminate red stater, how are you meeting all these effeminate blue staters on a daily basis ?  NTTAWWT ;) 

im picturing it like a Capt. Harris from “Police Academy” situation where you just keep “accidentally”  showing up at the Blue Oyster 

Edited by YGIFS
  • Haha 8
  • Drool 1

8 hours ago, Js1 said:

I thought that there was no way this was true and that it had to be click bait, but nope that's the bill. I wonder if they'll get out a Casta painting in court to decide who is and who isn't of Hispanic ancestry. 

image.png.38cc9e2ac1d7178f77be1cdeb9d70a1d.png

• Hook 'Em 1

How’s the WiFi on the ship, Swam?
You know, if I had done something as cool as competed in a NCAA sport... not only competed, but competed at a school and program as prestigious as Texas... I'd likely make it my handle on message boards too.

I don't know that I'd act like such a dipshit that I'd have to give up my cool handle. I also know that I'd feel such a need to continue my dipshittery that I'd return with a sock account.

Sad.
  • Hook 'Em 2

We now go live to the scene of encounter where "Back the Blue at the Border!" surly crowd who feels they are surrounded by too many effeminate men around here finally feel comfortable outside the CR echo chamber:

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Clackles said:

Did I miss a newsletter?  Bowie knife only?  It’s so hard to keep up.

I dry shave with the same rusty spoon I used to scoop out Charlie’s eyeballs in Da Nang. Dont know what all yall CUCKSSSSSSS use to shave. probably a “razor” and “shaving cream”. 

• Haha 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

21 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

When Abbott blocks access to portions of the border and his private army is patrolling this area, he's responsible for everything that occurs. Now does that mean that the drownings wouldn't have occurred if Abbott's army wasn't there? We have no idea but when you take full control/responsibility for an area, you can't pick and choose the what you're not responsible for.

Returning to the front page of this thread, IMO (opinion!) that is the essence of it and what led to the kerfluffle that lasted for the last five or so pages. Set aside the media 'read all about its' and talk about accountability if one wants to have a real discussion about the governor of Texas ordering two state agencies to assume control of about 2.5 miles of border along with a municipal park (containing the water access via boat ramp) as part of its $2 billion per year cost (*estimated--actual expenditure from just prior to April 2022 was $2.5 million per week).

For example, Texas has been arresting immigrants and charging them with various crimes such as trespassing long prior to the passage of SB4. Those arrested are jailed, thus the State must assume responsibility for them. Should anything happen to someone while being held, the State must be held accountable (I barely kept a straight face while typing that). IMO, (opinion!) the attempts to enter the US via the border is a murky area somewhat when the State gets involved because now you've got two countries plus federal and state agencies and so on--which you all likely know but bears repeating so accountability changes from a solid line (USBP) to a spotty dotted one. And a river runs through it. Sigh. The whole situation begs for reform of some kind through a beneficial cooperation with the countries to our south with visa and worker programs, and paths to citizenship that don't involve living in squalor camping along the river waiting for the opportunity to drown.

IMO (opinion!), the State of Texas leadership prefers the punitive stick but our Country has always been about the carrot. I'd be willing to discuss which approach yields more beneficial and long lasting results. Without name calling even. Or negs. Or toxic slime, whatever that is.

*Texas Legislative Budget Board appropriations data supplied by ProPublica

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3

17 hours ago, SimonBolivar said:

I thought that there was no way this was true and that it had to be click bait, but nope that's the bill. I wonder if they'll get out a Casta painting in court to decide who is and who isn't of Hispanic ancestry. 

image.png.38cc9e2ac1d7178f77be1cdeb9d70a1d.png

Uh, if any of your ancestors were in a casta painting, you 100% count as Hispanic now.

• Drool 1

Really hard to justify voting for him if he's doing shit like this.
He's def not getting any donations.  But voting for him? Nah, voting against Ted.

He is not a serious candidate. And stop dogpiling on him.
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 1/17/2024 at 12:14 PM, Longhornlove said:

Maybe you shouldn't believe everything you read on X or watch on the news.

image.thumb.png.64fbbeef8602795f3b7a482dff58e091.png

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/doj-filing-shows-texas-did-not-stop-border-patrol-from-saving-drowning-migrants/

Not only that, they admitted that the people drowned before the Border Patrol/DHS notified Texas of the incoming immigrants.

You know, if there was a safe and effective immigration policy maybe people wouldn't be crossing the river at all.  Did you think of that?

Narrator: He didn't think of anything.

6 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

The citizen militia …..

Out-of-staters?  Or set through Texas history in high school?

• The Mexicans did in fact come and take it (and buried it) and there is a decent chance it was melted down.
  • They are referencing the Alamo.  Texians lost at the Alamo. 
  • These kinds of people would have actually been on the side of Santa Anna.  They want to stop foreigners from coming in. Santa Anna was dealing with foreigners coming in.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1