Greg Orders Texas National Guard To Seize Park in Eagle Pass, Bars Border Patrol/CBP

atomheartbevo

5 minutes ago, Azbadlands said:

I have done all of that because of people I know in the Border Patrol that have asked me to volunteer..I've went down there to help when it's Summer here too when it's hot enough to fry an egg on the top of your head..

My friends and I ride in on horseback and hunt and camp in a lot of the same areas as well, and have helped many immigrants with food, water, directions for help, etc.  Have run into several drug mules, and spotters up in the mountains, just stay away from those types.

You've found and buried bodies? 

Interested Saturday Night Live GIF by HULU

• Haha 2

Still waiting to hear what any of this stupid shit has to do with razor wire in this park and the governor defying the Supreme Court. I guess we won’t be getting those answers from our resident maga trolls.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Azbadlands said:

I have done all of that because of people I know in the Border Patrol that have asked me to volunteer..I've went down there to help when it's Summer here too when it's hot enough to fry an egg on the top of your head..

My friends and I ride in on horseback and hunt and camp in a lot of the same areas as well, and have helped many immigrants with food, water, directions for help, etc.  Have run into several drug mules, and spotters up in the mountains, just stay away from those types.

Post your pictures then

or emails

Yea post the emails

43 minutes ago, Azbadlands said:

Goddamn, if you are anything at all, you are a fucking beating.

What started out with bitching about not getting a tax refund has led us to this.  Christ, I know what is on your phone without looking at your phone.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, immamac said:

This is where I’m at now. News is destroying the country because they are more interested in outrage and crazy shit than they are the truth or actual reporting. 

10 hours ago, David Dennison said:

10 hours ago, Goredho said:

These posts need more love and attention.  But the media, while certainly complicit, didn't create the circus. They didn't send the Texas national guard to this park to make a Texas vs the US government circus.  They are guilty of some combination of lazy reporting and willfully participating in and profiteering from the outrage machine, but the genesis of this lies with politicians of a certain ideological bent.  And I know their opposition is not above similar tactics on other fronts.

Bottom line, angry, scared people are a motivated people.  Whether that motivation is to donate, vote, tune in, click, like, etc...

All good stuff. One thing to watch is when CNN and the stations that actually make an effort to be balanced allow some asshole to define this confrontation as a challenge to the right of self defense. They'll get together the usual panels and give both sides voice as though there is some actual parity between the self-defense right and what's actually going on.

It's a death spiral of incompetent reporting on the ascendance of idiocy.

Edited by RomaVicta
  • Hook 'Em 4

7 hours ago, Goredho said:

In many ways, I think a lot of our problems boil down to end-game capitalism run amok.

SO MUCH THIS.  Almost every problem we have today comes down to this.  I was talking with my wife today about PE firms buying up damn near every industry.  They are oligarchs.  That is what comes from unregulated capitalism.

• Hook 'Em 9

7 hours ago, Captainant said:

Thing is, it's not a nothing burger for a governor to defy the supreme court and state an intention to defy a court order, as well as mobilizing his state national guard against the federal government. It should be talked about. 

The problem is this bizarre impulse to take an average of all the different positions and call the middle one the "reasonable" one without any sort of actual critical thinking happening. It comes complete with a reflexive disgust of disagreements in general, and equivocates both sides of a disagreement and ignores the actual facts of a situation. Let me know if any of this is starting to sound familiar. 

No one is defying a court order. At least not the one concerning c-wire 

• Hook 'Em 2

6 hours ago, Azbadlands said:

They did cover it, but it happened years ago.  It was on the local news here in Arizona for a while...

Do you think they cover border crap daily here?   It's like nonstop bad news, ranchers complaining, drug busts, dead people found in desert, cartel shootouts across the border...It's same shit, different day, every day, so anything that happens anymore doesn't even much make the evening news here, like that story above...First time I heard about it was from my friend and I read it on the internet..

Huh. I lived in AZ for twenty years and misses that one.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

No one is defying a court order. At least not the one concerning c-wire 

I didn't say he defied an order, I said he stated an intention to defy the court and it's orders. If you want to play cutesy miss-the-forest-for-the-trees, you could say that abbott has complied with the letter. But certainly not the spirit of the order or to the relief sought by the plaintiff in the matter. 

• Hook 'Em 2

I live in AZ, even big bad Scottsdale, and I don’t see this coverage. To be fair, I don’t own a TV. I’m probably with your daughter at Wasted Grain though. Unless you left her in California and I’ll be in Pacific Beach soon enough

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

On 1/27/2024 at 7:07 PM, Azbadlands said:

I can't wait for your response.  Before you do though, I will let you know my nephew and my best friend both work for the Border Patrol in AZ.  My son works for Game and Fish in AZ, and my Brother in law just retired recently as a Detective in Yuma, AZ down by the border..So fire away with all the bullshit the media has told you....

Good thing all law enforcement type people are totally and completely honest 100% of the time.

• Rage+1 1

On 1/26/2024 at 8:19 PM, atomheartbevo said:

It’s all the Republicans have left for Biden. They’ve used up almost all the arrows in their quiver (including Hunter’s dong which was a big damned arrow).  I doubt it’s a coincidence that this move to go after brown people at the border just so happens to be ramped up by Greg and Co. at the same time as the primaries and as Trump’s court cases heat up. 

This stuff is loosely coordinated.  We’ve seen it plenty with Republican talking points. Some of their analytics people say “try this issue” and word gets out to Fox News and Newsmax and to the Charlie Kirk types and Republicans in Congress, and before you know it, it’s the main story. Because of the decentralized nature of how it starts, it’s somewhat hard to determine where it started, but with Google Trends, etc. you can at least see where it got traction.

And this stuff is meant to not only be talked about, but to generate new stories or create issues for Biden and the Dems - all those rumors of militias heading to the border to confront the feds or kill immigrants was put out there by the bot farms in the hopes of getting some genuine militia types to hop on the bandwagon and start spreading the word and actually showing up.

Have to distract from falling inflation and gas prices and strong jobs reports and record stock market and the fact that the economy is pretty strong and the recession they swore was coming never happened.

(Apologies for the sloppy construction of that sentence.)

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Have to distract from falling inflation and gas prices and strong jobs reports and record stock market and the fact that the economy is pretty strong and the recession they swore was coming never happened.

(Apologies for the sloppy construction of that sentence.)

Also impeachment has completely fallen out of the news after they opened the inquiry bc they have found nothing. 

58 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Also impeachment has completely fallen out of the news after they opened the inquiry bc they have found nothing. 

The republicans have benefitted greatly by conditioning the American public to have short memory and not remember things from 2 weeks ago. At a certain point though that has to hurt them as they keep having to invent new outrage material.

• Hook 'Em 2

I always get a good laugh out of the trivialized talk about a Texas secession that often times never contemplates that the United States isn’t letting the 10ish largest economy in the world just walk away and would put us to the sword immediately.

Better laugh still is when it is discussed and people think Texas would win that conflict.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

Just now, Surly Bevo said:

I always get a good laugh out of the trivialized talk about a Texas secession that often times never contemplates that the United States isn’t letting the 10ish largest economy in the world just walk away and would put us to the sword immediately.

Better laugh still is when it is discussed and people think Texas would win that conflict.

It's really, really funny.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 1/28/2024 at 10:38 AM, jimmyjazz said:

It doesn't tell you attempts are up.  That information is not buried in the chart.  Stop being a dumbass.

That's what fits his narrative, so that's what he's going with, regardless of the data.  We know Republicans don't care about facts anymore.  They just say whatever fits the narrative they are pushing, facts be damned.

• Hook 'Em 3

22 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

If Texas secedes, Biden should nuke Dallas to send a message.

Hell no. as much as I'm legally required to loathe Dallas, Dallas will be a big base for the anti-Abbott insurgency. Biden should nuke College Station and Waco. 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

Just now, wildcat09 said:

Hell no. as much as I'm legally required to loathe Dallas, Dallas will be a big base for the anti-Abbott insurgency. Biden should nuke College Station and Waco. 

Make It So Patrick Stewart GIF

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

That's what fits his narrative, so that's what he's going with, regardless of the data.  We know Republicans don't care about facts anymore.  They just say whatever fits the narrative they are pushing, facts be damned.

STAWP BEING SO TAWKSIC

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

48 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

46 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Is that a spine? 

Nope. He still had to kiss the ass even in supporting the bill. Fucking pathetic. He's a missive pussy like every other state-wide elected official in this state.

Edited by 'stache

3 minutes ago, texasdago said:

and Southlake... well, precision strikes on the Dallas burbs.  Well or red and dark red should do...

(sorry Texas wine industry)

image.png.a9bb7d4d3fdb04c66db2b12b9511f1e3.png

Point of order.  32nd District has been reconfigured to be more solidly Democratic.  I'm guessing most if not all of the 6 defendants are no longer in that district.

1 minute ago, DDD Dad said:

Point of order.  32nd District has been reconfigured to be more solidly Democratic.  I'm guessing most if not all of the 6 defendants are no longer in that district.

Unless suitable correctional facilities are located in said district

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

<checks fallout prediction maps for Austin before signing off>

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

58 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

58 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Make It So Patrick Stewart GIF

Feel free to add in Collin County if your nukes are tactical/smart enough to leave Dallas proper in good working order.